Sophie's Quest

Started by Neko, December 06, 2012, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

When the girl looked as if she were about to cry, Annia couldn't help but feel the need to comfort the once-captive. Annia loved hugs, though, it had been quite awhile since she last received one from anyone or gave one to another. After the betrayal in her past, Annia felt a bit more closed than she once was. If she had been in the same situation months ago, she would have given the girl a large embrace. However, she resisted her urge to hug, though she did place a hand on the girl's shoulder. She kept reminding herself that it was probably the more knightly thing to do.

Her desire to comfort the girl slowly changed into an inquisitive curiousness. The paladin smiled and nodded as she watched in interest at the girl's healing powers. She seemed to be a simple farm-girl, and it had surprised Annia that the girl was able to heal herself in that manner. Likely the girl had no formal training with clerics or any of the temples - otherwise she wouldn't have been lugging around vegetables in the first place. She wanted to ask about it, but chose not to.

"Your vegetables have already been ruined, rather than giving it to us it would probably be better to salvage as many as you can. The guild can probably help you. At least, if they won't, I can't just let you off after all this happened." Annia motions toward the road, seeing the fatally wounded halfling and ogre, as well as some vegetables strewn on the floor. She wasn't too keen on evildoers, much less bandits, but it was a different thing altogether by just letting them die. She examined the vegetables as well, and though there were some that were indeed ruined, many of them still looked intact.

The paladin knelt down by the halfling, as she chanted and focused to bring her own hands to a soft blue glow. She touched the halfling, and immediately the fatal wound started closing. Annia grimaced as the still unattached arm, there was nothing she could do about that. She proceeded to strip the halfling out of her weapons, inspecting the body and ensuring there were no other hidden bodies on her person. Altogether Annia drew out 4 knives, 2 daggers, and a bag of caltrops hidden in her coat. She tossed them towards the direction of Ryine.

Neko

Sophie watched as the woman healed the bandit?s wounds. Although they were her enemies, it was hard to see them suffering like that, and she admired the warrior for taking such actions. But then, Something came to Sophie. These people, these warriors from the Guild of Galas'nor, were exactly what Sophie wanted to be. Someone strong, who had the ability to help others?and an understanding of when they had gone far enough.. Mimic?s head tilted to one side as he sensed Sophie?s sudden burst of emotion. ?Are you ok?? He asked. Sophie quickly walked over to the woman as she finished mending wounds. ?I know this might sound crazy but?? Sophie paused for a moment, trying to gather her thoughts. ?Well?I don?t have any real training, and I know it?s unlikely you?d ever accept someone like me?but I want to help people, and I want to learn how to really fight.? Mimic could tell where she was going with this, and smiled inwardly. ?If the guild would allow it, I?d be willing to take any job you offer. And maybe, over time, I could join people like you on these missions.? She tried her best to sound confident, although she was still a bit shaken from everything that had just happened. While motivated to help others, Sophie also knew that joining a guild would earn her more money - much more than their farm could. It would have meant the world to her if she was able to provide for her mother and father. "Please?" She begged.

Linwelin

Kin turned around and watched the exchange, listening to Sophie's intent.Certainly a strange girl. In strange circumstances. Maybe there's something there after all? Time for a surprise INTERVIEW.

Kin grins as he walks to the girl. "You know, the guild is renowned for having the most able people for any job. What are you aiming to be when you're a part of it? You have a familiar of some sort, which means you have magic potential, right?" Kin was doing what he could to hold back his loud-mouthed tendencies, as he was truly interested in this girl. "You're weak, yet strong willed. You won't amount to guild standards now, that's for sure. But people like you aren't bad." He turns to Annia, "What do you think?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"When I had no where else to go, the guild took me in." The paladin replied to the halfling. Annia turned towards the girl who had walked over to her.

"What's your name miss? I think you have what it takes to be a skilled healer. You've not had any kind of training thus far?"

Neko

Sophie was surprised when the halfing suddenly interjected. After hearing his questions, she knew she?d have to do her best if she was to convince the guild members she was worthy. ?I only really know how to heal right now, as far as magic goes.? She explained. ?But I would be more than happy to learn more spells! I?d put my whole heart into it! ? The raven cawed, as if speaking to the group. ?Mimic says he?ll train hard too.? She translated with a giggle. She looked to the female warrior then. ?Oh, my name is Sophie! Sophie Cain. The only training I?ve had came from mum and dad. Mum taught me basic healing spells, a knowledge the woman in my family always passed down. My dad taught me how to use throwing knives?after some bandits burnt down our crops anyway.? She wasn?t sure how to convince them, since the only real skill she had to offer at the time was her determination. When Sophie promised to work hard, she meant it. ?Also, well?? She blushed slightly. ?I really admire all of you. ..and want to be able to help others like you do.?

Throndir

"It's not entirely up to us, but I certainly will put in a good word. My name is Annia." With that the knight bowed formally. "I was once part of the Order of the Golden Dawn, a few missions with the Silver Arms, though now, I'm simply a guild member, along with these other two: Ryine, and..." She paused as she considered the halfling.

Don't you have a spar with him?

... I do, don't I?

And you never did ask for his name did you?

Nope.

Next time before you call out to someone, introduce yourself!

"Ryine and the halfling-who-carries-a-huge-sword" She grinned as she made a sweeping motion towards the halfling.

Linwelin

His expression changing respectively, Kin sheathes his blade in slight disappointment, then realizes that she had never really asked his name and no one had said it yet. "Oh, right! You simply announced yourself, declared a spar, and attacked at the slightest 'yes' I could ever have managed! No wonder!" He puts his hands to his hips in a confident pose, "The name's Kin. Kin Sheel. I'm a bladesman specializing in large weaponry. Funny enough, I excel at taking down larger, brute-force beings." As he says this he looks back at the ogre pitifully, then turns back. "They never do believe I can wield my weapons." He smirks.

"I don't have nearly as illustrious a career as the paladin here, but I was a bounty hunter of some esteem until joining the guild. I once had to pair up with one of them before I was a member, recognized their strength and, well, here I am!" He exclaims and chuckles.

"But a healer, eh? That changes my outlook. Even without asking, I know the guild doesn't have nearly enough healers to cover the amount of brutes, rangers, and casters. Though I'm sure you'll require plenty of training, you may be going in-house healing early on if you make it in." Kin states analytically. "And judging by the fact that you have a familiar without professional training, and at such a young age, I'm sure you have the prowess to manage."

"But by the gods, you'll have to work hard to reach that point." He adds after a pause.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

"I'm sure you heard already when I was ruining the day of these brigands, but I'm Ryine. For the most part I function as the meat shield of the Guild, but I usually come out of things just fine. Getting some cuts and bruises builds character is what I always say."

I stand around not really sure what to do, but then decide that I should direct some more words towards Sophie.

"If you really need a place to go, the Guild would be more than willing to take you in, assuming you plan on honing your skills in some fashion."

Throndir

"We're a guild filled with some of the strangest individuals you'll ever meet, all powerful in their own right. I haven't begun to meet everyone yet, but there was one thing I did notice, everyone is friendly enough-" She paused as she considered a particularly dark lady in the guild.

"Mostly everyone is friendly enough." She corrected. "But more importantly we all share a common bond."

"So what do you say Sophie? Care to join the guild full of misifts? I'll give you your first formal lessons in healing." Annia smiled warmly as she reached her hand out for Sophie to shake.

Neko

Sophie had nodded and listened intently to their introductions and back stories, a look of awe in her eyes. When she had asked, Sophie had been determined, but held little hope that they'd agree to her request. But now, here they were, welcoming her, offering to teach her. So many emotions were swirling around in Sophie's head at that moment. She wasn't sure if she should smile, cry, or jump for joy. So, rather than accepting Annia's shake, Sophie jumped forward, locking the woman in a grateful embrace. Because of these people, and of course, because of Mimic, Sophie now had the chance to make her family proud. "Thank you..."

Upon arriving at the guild, Sophie had been given a simple maid job (seeing as there was no way she'd be able to just jump into missions right away), one which had her cleaning the guild daily, and even cooking. Not only did it pay well, but being around the guild meant she was able to receive the training she needed to be a better healer. Her fighting skills improved as well, but it became fairly clear that her talents leaned more in the realm of magic. On top of all that, Sophie had received a snazzy new maids uniform! She adored putting it on every morning before work, and would often talk about how it was the nicest thing she owned. To avoid traveling too and from the farm every day, Sophie eventually started living in the guild. Whenever she made enough money, she'd send Mimic to the farm with a small coin purse for her parents.

Eventually, the thing Sophie wanted most had happened...she began assisting her fellow guild members on missions, where she was able to help others. Being apart of the guild also helped bring out a braver side of Sophie. She had been transformed from a shy farm girl, into a talkative and happy guild member.

The End.

Throndir

1) Who wrote the best post?
    Sophie
    0 (0.0%)
    Annia
    2 (50.0%)
    Kin
    0 (0.0%)
    Ryine
    2 (50.0%)

2) Who roleplayed best overall?
    Sophie
    1 (25.0%)
    Annia
    2 (50.0%)
    Kin
    1 (25.0%)
    Ryine
    0 (0.0%)

3) Who improved as a writer/roleplayer the most?
    Neko as Sophie
    2 (50.0%)
    Throndir as Annia
    1 (25.0%)
    Linwelin as Kin
    0 (0.0%)
    Oath as Ryine
    1 (25.0%)

4) Which character developed the most in this mission?
    Sophie
    4 (100.0%)
    Annia
    0 (0.0%)
    Kin
    0 (0.0%)
    Ryine
    0 (0.0%)

QuoteExp earned for questionnaire rewards is 50*level.

Best Post
Sophie (Level 2)
Annia (Level 2)

Best Overall Roleplayer
Annia

Most Improvement
Sophie

Most Character Development
Sophie

Exp Earned
Annia: 200 exp
Sophie: 300 exp