Part 1: Rude Awakening

Started by pringerbeam, November 15, 2019, 01:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

The predator raises his arms to try and shield himself only for your hail of gunfire to blast right through and plug him in the chest.  The predator goes pale and limp and starts to drift away from the wall he had been clinging to.

[info] Predator A is disabled

Estela to take turn[/info]

Asta

Knowing full well she probably wouldn't hit her target, Estella fires off a pot shot at the remaining combatant. "I'm a scientist not a goddamn gunslinger!" she grumbled loudly while pulling the trigger.

[info]Burst Fire at Predator C
(((40-10)-10)-10)+10(burst fire) = 20
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 71, total 71[/blockquote][/info]

[info]Damage, Armor Piercing
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

[info]Using Flex to flip that 71 to a 17[/info]

pringerbeam

The burst of bullets thud into the  predator who grunts in pain.  Putting a hand to his chest, the remaining predator sneers and grumbles "Fuck this."  before turning to retreat back down the airlock passage.

[info] Combat over[/info]

Asta

"Let's take care of that box." Estella said, gesturing to Donovan once the wounded predator fled. She took a moment to reload her handgun and then picked her way towards the airlock past the limp floating bodies of the other two assailants.

pringerbeam

As you make your way to the airlock, you hear the heavy clunk of magnetic grapples disengaging resonate throughout the hull.  "Uh...  you guys still alive?  I don't hear anymore gunfire."  You hear shouted from down the corridor behind you.

Asta

"Killed two. Last one ran. Sounds like they unhooked the ship."

pringerbeam

"Cool, we should still get their grey box removed.  Don't want that shit hanging around."  You hear as Jetz wings his way down the corridor to catch up with you.

As you round the corner of the airlock bulkhead, you see the short hallway formed where the two airlocks meet.  You spot the last surviving predator at the far end where the Wild Hunt' ship's outer doors appear to be closing.

Oath

Donovan grabs his pistol as the remaining predator runs away. He rounds the corner and sees the door on the other side of the airlock starting to close. The box can wait. "Where in the fuck do you think you're going?" Donovan raises his pistol and lets a hail of bullets fly towards the final predator.

[info] firing a full auto burst with medium pistol. -20 for difficulty -10 for sick, +30 for full auto burst to even things out at 70.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 35, total 35[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d10 : 4, 2, total 6[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

[info] additional D6 from 33/66 rule. [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

As the airlock doors close, your burst of fire traces a line of pinging sparks and several hit the predator in the chest but appear to have not caused any real damage beyond the pain of impact.  The predator grins and responds with a middle finger displayed through the thickly reinforced porthole window of the airlock door before walking over to a nearby control panel.  You hear the clunk-hiss of the airlock rings disengaging as the predator in the airlock yells soundlessly what you can only assume to be a 'fuck you' judging by the movements of his mouth.

Oath

Donovan clicked his tongue as the door closes. "Fuck, let one get away. Let's make sure the ship is clean. Don't wanna run into any more trouble." He proceeds to comb the area near the airlock looking for the grey box.

[info] searching for grey box, perceive if needed (60-10)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 84, total 84[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

Taking a second to look around, what you assume to be the grey box is easily noticed where a panel was pulled away and the device was wired into the ship's sysyems.  Jetz looks it over and clicks his beak.  "Well this shouldn't take too long to remove but it looks like they damaged some of the airlock's components too.  I don't suppose either of you are too good with tech?  I'll need to reboot the ship's computer and spend some time looking things over.  It would help if someone could work on this while I work on that.  I'm not super happy with getting us on course for Cote d'Infini until I know those asshats didn't leave something behind for us."

Asta

"Yes, yes... I'll see to it." Estella replied with an ambiguous wave of her hand. She happened to be fairly well versed in electrical engineering so she was well suited to the task. She told her muse to pull up diagrams and schematics to help.

[info]Hardware: Electronics
60-10(sick) = 50
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 100, total 100[/blockquote][/info]

[info]Directing her muse to assist.[/info]

pringerbeam

Despite the look of the damage from the grey box interfacing with thew ship's hardwiring you quickly find it to be a rather simple task to remove the box and repair the systems that were damaged.  You easily beat out Jetz's time running a security audit and reboot of the ship's mainframe.  In grand total everything is finished within an hour and Jetz gets the ship set on course for the station.

[info]End of Part 1

Everyone gains 2 rez points

Continue on in Part 02: The Infinite Coast[/info]