Part 1: Rude Awakening

Started by pringerbeam, November 15, 2019, 01:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

Donovan
      You recognize the symbol from your ventures through the inner system's black markets.  It's the logo of The Wild Hunt: the largest gang in the Lunar-Lagrange region.  They run guns and other restricted items all throughout the region for the larger syndicates and organizations.  They're better known though for their predator lifestyle and the fact that they will jump anyone they think they can get away with and their propensity to take their prey alive only to hunt them for sport later. 

Oath

Seeing the emblem, Donovan paused for a moment. "Fuck. Looks like things might be about to get choppy. That's the fucking Wild Hunt, not sure why they're here but they probably see us as an easy mark. Unless they happen to be your friend, Jetz but judging by your reaction I doubt it. You any good with a gun?"

pringerbeam

""What? Gun?  Uh...  Yeah sure.  Shit they're real close."  Replied Jetz, looking panicked at mention of the Wild Hunt.  You see him looking around and patting down the harness that served as his only article of clothing.  "Fuck, my gun! Where's my gun?  Shit did I..."  He looks around the room one more time before flapping his wings to reorient and dart back the way you came.  "I need to find my gun, you guys defend the airlock.  I'll be right there!"  You hear him yell as he glides down the corridor.  An AR waypoint guides you down the opposite corridor to what you presume is the airlock.

In the meantime, the approaching shuttle which had been growing larger and larger on the screens tracking its approach as you talked, appears to have pulled alongside your vessel.  You hear several loud thunks as magnetic grappling lines attach to the hull.  Jetz's voice projected through the ship.  "Damn it!  They must have been hacking the Flash12 before we even saw them. They've already disabled our thruster controls.  I'll try to hold off their attempts to take control of the airlock but you don't have much time."

[info] To get to the airlock you can either take your time which will be slower but requires no test or you can rush which will require a Free Fall test.[/info]

Oath

Pulling out his pistol, Donovan carefully makes his way to the airlock. He was still woozy from the re-sleeve, and didn't want to push it.
"I'll do what I can. I'm a pretty decent shot!"

[info] Not trying to rush, just taking it easy.[/info]

Asta

Help him. Estella directed her muse, indicating that it should assist Jetz in fighting off the hostile hacking attempts. Simultaneously she was drawing her pistol and loading it with AP rounds as she drifted down the corridor after Donovan, methodically, so as not to lose footing and end up flailing around without a handhold.

[info]Also proceeding carefully.[/info]

pringerbeam

On getting down the corridor you arrive at another room, smaller than the one you were just in, only to hear the hiss and clunk of a bulkhead opening off down one of the side exits and where the navigation trail lead.  "Come out come out wherever you are!  We thought this was just going to be some abandoned ship but it looks like the hunt is on!"  You hear yelled out as a predator sticks his leering head out from behind the cover of their bulkhead.

[info]Initiatives![/info]

Asta

[info]Initiative:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+6 : 2 + 6, total 8[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

[info] Initiative: [blockquote]Rolled 1d6+6 : 2 + 6, total 8[/blockquote] [/info]

pringerbeam

The predator, catching sight of the two of you draws his pistol and fires off a quick burst as he yells "I've got two here!"  As the predator withdraws back to the cover of the bulkhead, another predator flips out around the corner before kicking off to fly at the two of you, brandishing a crackling taser goad.  Unfortunately for them, they appear to have slipped a bit on the metal surface they kicked off on and instead of gracefully flying into the two of you, they go spinning off to the side before bouncing off one of the walls of the room and winding up gently floating towards the middle of the room, arms flailing to try and catch something.

[info]Predator A fires a burst with their pistol at Donovan and Estela.  Make a Fray/2 test
    Damage[blockquote]Rolled 2d10 : 1, 10, total 11[/blockquote]
Predator B Charges and Rushes to attack with taser goad but critically fails.[/info]

Combat Info
[spoiler]Initiative order: Predator A, Predator B, Donovan, Estela

Distances:
Predator A: 11 m from both
Predator B: 6 m from both[/spoiler]

Oath

[info] Frey/2 ((80-10(sick)+10(specialization))/2) 40

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 89, total 89[/blockquote]
[/info]

Asta

[info]Frey/2 ((50-10)/2) = 20
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 15, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Donovan is hit.  Note your damage on your character sheet.

Estela successfully dodges

Donovan to take their turn[/info]

Oath

Donovan winces as the bullet hits him, thankful that it was more of a graze than anything. He wheeled around on his heels, aiming his pistol at the goon helplessly floating through the hold. Three rounds rang out from the chamber.

[info] Donovan fires a three round burst at the floating guy. for +1d10 DV.

Guns: 70 -10 (sick) -10 (cover) = 50
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 76, total 76[/blockquote]

Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 1, 6, 10, total 17[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

The bullets thud into the helpless predator's torso and he grunts in agony as he flails to try and reach for a nearby cargo net.

[info]Edit: made a mistake with which enemy was being targeted.  Donovan scores a hit on Predator B.  Predator B is wounded.

Estela to take their turn[/info]

[spoiler]Initiative Order: Predator A, Predator B, Oath, Estela

Enemy Status
Predator A: 11 m, Minor Cover (-10 to be hit), At Range (-10 to be hit)
Predator B: 6 m, easy target (+20 to be hit), Wounded[/spoiler]

Asta

Estella managed to avoid getting shot, barely. "That is enough from you." she said, concentrating on the man that had shot at her. She sent a wave or blast or whatever it was defined as, of psychic energies at him with the intent of turning off the part of his brain that knew how to shoot a gun. Then braced for the consequences of using that power.

[info]Psi Sleight, Block Skill
(55-10) = 45
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 93, total 93[/blockquote][/info]

[info]Infection Test, 26
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 84, total 84[/blockquote][/info]