How to Make your character!

Started by Licel, October 10, 2018, 11:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Licel

Here's an example google doc to look at, I'll put instructions below.

Example Google Doc:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

George Williams

LUCK: 100/100

1. Reanimation Ability (7 uses/batch)
The key to bringing the dead back to life. Undead created, termed Reanimated, by you are animated through alchemy. Whenever you possess at least one dose of the reanimation Reagent, you may attempt to reanimated a creature that was once living (Only mostly intact corpse).
1-30: no rxn, 31-50: mindless + cannot control OR maintains autonomy, 51-70: Total control, 70+

2. Lobotomy
You may perform a surgical procedure. A creature, living or reanimated, that has this procedure done to them has their IQ and charisma cut significantly. After the procedure, if successful, the Lobotomized creature will listen to your every word and obey without question.
Subject must be sedated/restrained: 50+ for success
If not sedated/restrained: 75+

3. Advanced Reagent Usage
You may use a Reagent dose to activate as the following spells:
defending bone, false life, gentle repose, lesser restoration, revivify, spare the dying, speak with dead, reanimate parts (crawling hands)
Success: 30+

Special Item:
Ring of Sustenance (not eat and sleep 2 hours a day for full rest)
*Can not be used two days in a row*

George Williams Biography:

[spoiler]The last month was no vacation. Dean Wearrd has you all training a lot harder than you have before. He's been pushing everyone to the point that they're getting fatigued and sloppy. Even as a professor, you find this tiring, but your age does not help either. One of the reanimators gets eaten by a flesh golem. Another accidentally injects himself with an experimental solution and causes himself to be turned into a mindless zombie. Morale isn't exactly the best at this point. Especially with all the students signing up for this vocation, originally, to make a cheap manual labor work force for the public.

But the defense plan goes through when the students and professors of the "New Order" come and attack us. The reanimation workshop gates are opened within all the sections of the University for Responsible Reanimation. The New Order was met with the reanimated created by Dean Wearrd, you, and the students that have joined your side to defend the school.

Wizards fighting control of the undead were met with confusion when discovering their powers worked less against alchemically created undead. You always thought that it was an issue when Dean Wearrd opened his school to the magical necromancers of Professor Demar.

You remember Professor Demar and his student minions burning down the school as the undead created by both sides, alchemists and necromancers, began to leave school walls. To avoid the repercussions, you escape the schools as it was buried by flames and corpses. Dean Wearrd was found with a negative energy blast hole through his chest. As you leave through the campus gate, you see Professor Demar escape into the forest. Zombies, magical and alchemical were uncontrolled, attacking the buildings and people surrounding the school. You escape through the forest as well, with the intention to continue your craft and seek Professor Demar someday for destroying the school you taught at and murdering your mentor. [/spoiler]

Character Creation Instructions

1. Find a picture of your character
2. Pick out three abilities you would like your character to have, don't worry about the numbers for success that you see in the example above, you'll fill that in with me later. (They can be magical, chemical, or mechanical in nature.)
3. Pick a special or magical trinket that you will have with you that you can use to your advantage
4.Figure out a backstory for your character
5. When in doubt write down what I would need to read so that you could describe everything to me, we can always polish it up later.

Things to keep in mind:
1.Use your imagination, This is a classless system! Have a little bit of everything, make the character you've always wanted to play but never could.

2.Don't worry about an inventory yet. Your weapons, items and equipment are all cosmetic, you will only need to keep track of your inventory if you get something you didn't start off with or that it would be important to denote.
Thank you for letting me fight in the war.

Licel

As for setting:

The game takes place in a fantasy/renassiance inspired world where fantastic contraptions and magic are somewhat common. In this game every npc is a human, however you are not limited to being a human.
Thank you for letting me fight in the war.