[Foxy] Pokémon Wishlist: Porygon

Started by Throndir, February 03, 2016, 07:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The Porygon, who had already started being comfortable around you, seemed to have believed your statements, and it proceeded to wait for you to capture it.

[okay]Captured Porygon. Added it to your sheet. You can give it a name, etc. Unspecified amount of trainer exp for you to end the scene in some way.[/okay]

FoxyPox

[spoiler=Click for Music]
https://www.youtube.com/v/pQLhAfPaqs0&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The porygon dissolves into my pokeball, and the ball vibrates gently in my hands. Well, that went well. I didn't even have to battle it! I figured I might as well keep my promise - it's only only fair. I send out the Porygon, and hold out my Pokedex. The Porygon sucks itself into the screen, pixelating as it does. The screen goes black, then reboots showing bars of pink and blue. Streams of binary. Morse code. Random picture files flashing like a rave. How... impossibly interesting. Perhaps the Porygon was more intelligent than anticipated. Or it could have downloaded a database or two off of wifi. Most likely, it was rummaging through my extensive game collection. No matter, I have plenty of backups stored.

[spoiler=Click for Music]
https://www.youtube.com/v/9MzYcjwbyso&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

All of a sudden, the Pokedex wailed in a chorus of discordant blips and shrieks, for three and a half seconds. Its lights strobed like a racing heartbeat. The screen almost stared back at me in horror, through the now-virulent speakers came a stream of garbled audio. Was it trying to speak, or just crashing my Pokedex...?

The audio pieces back together as the jingle that plays when my Pokedex powers on. I pick it back up, slowly, trying to dredge the Porygon back from the dark depths of the matrix. Further inspection revealed that the Porygon had simply entered itself into the Pokemon catalog and took a selfie. Weird.

It blips back and spits out Porygon, his eyes shimmering with otherworldly knowledge. Then it shakes its head, whatever thoughts of world domination, artificial intelligence, anything of that ilk completely gone. He happily circles around me.

"I think I'll call you glitch, little guy."

He continues circling as I finish my lunch and head back downstairs.

Throndir

[okay]+1 Trainer Exp for wrapping up the scene well.[/okay]

FoxyPox