[Collette]Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, January 31, 2016, 10:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[info]Roleplay for Lady Rune only.[/info]
[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/RV4YsgRF7Ss&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

You always had an interest in history, from the time you were a child. And something about the way that Xan Academy taught it drew you in. Instead of having all of the students sit in a class room, nose in a book, the students here were afforded every opportunity to see many historical sites in person. Reading about them was great, but seeing them in person was better. How each stone was laid, the vastness of the chambers, of the land its on, of the nature surrounding it. After the amount of reading you've done in your life, it would be a nice change of pace to be able to visit all of the places you had read about in person.

The other thing about the Academy, is that new students were always granted a more experienced student to act as a mentor and guide as you adjusted to your new life. The first night in your new dorm went by quietly enough, you got to unpack and spend time playing with your Pokemon, preparing for the next day.

It was fairly early when the rasp on the door came, around 8 AM. You were sure that it would be the person assigned to help you out.

[info]I know you've done Roleplaying for years, but would like to try to keep the transfer threads similar, so here we go.

Unspecified Trainer Exp for your entry post!
You could...
-Talk about the move to your new home. The reasons for  the move if any
-Describing your thoughts and feelings about transferring academies.
-What town were you from? Your previous school? Previous friends?
-What did you hear about academy that made you want to come here for your field of study?

Or skip the above, and simply write about:
-Opening the door
-Trying to see who it is (that little door peephole, or maybe a window)
-Send out your Pokemon to attack whoever is out there
-Or something else ridiculous
[/info]

Lady Rune

Day one of her new adventure had been interesting, to say the least. A gift of pearls and tear stained cheeks had marked the first chapter of Collette's story. Despite wanting to go, leaving her life behind had been so hard! But with her Pokémon in tow, and frequent letters she planned to send home, she supposed it would be alright in the end. With her Vulpix, Ammy, at her heels and Cubone, Bones, tucked away in her arms the trio set off to their new home.

Moving in had been fairly easy and, once everything had been situated, Collette was happy to curl up beneath her comforter with her companions. Sleep came just as easily as moving and soon the group had settled down in the hopes of being energized for the morning to come.

A knock at her door had her grumbling and groaning, clutching Ammy closer to her chest. Who on earth was up so early? She supposed normal people were, but quickly banished the musing as she slipped from the warmth of her bed. Despite her best attempts, Collette just was not a morning person. She doubted she ever would be. But, even still, she could not help the jitters that drove her to smooth her palms down the front of her night shirt and drag shaky fingers through her sleep-mussed hair. Perhaps becoming a morning person would be beneficial? Scooping a very curious Bones up into her arms she carefully pulled open the door to greet the early riser, a sheepish smile curling the corners of her lips. "Good morning...?"

I am not responsible for the insanity that trickles out of my mouth.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/0YEfHOIFcKQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

As the door opened, Colette could see a Growlithe, at the door, sitting and panting while looking up at her with adorable eyes. A bit further, and she saw the girl who was likely her trainer. She was all smiles, despite the time of day. She was dressed simply, in a floral hat, with a light pink shirt and a white skirt, along with some simple shoes. She carried a notebook, likely full of things about the orientation. Around her waist you could see a camera case and several Poke-balls.  "Good morning! I'm Lynne and I'm to be your orientation partner. Each new student is paired with someone who has been here a while to help make their transfer into Xan Academy as smooth as possible. It seems like I may have come a little bit too early, so if you'd like me to come back later, I can do that. Alternatively, I don't mind waiting while you get dressed if you'd like to go and get some breakfast. Part of the orientation involves showing you to the cafeteria, so we might as well eat when we go.

Xan Academy definitely was different than your average school, and the amount of effort that they put in to see every student was comfortable was impressive. Lynne seemed to be a friendly girl, she looked to be around Collette's age, perhaps a bit younger. She seemed to be a little tired despite her chipper attitude, but that gave her sort of a reliable aura. If nothing else, it seemed like her orientation would make life at the Academy a bit easier. The hustle and bustle of the city, along with the Academy proper was more than Collette was used to. They might have had a library, but even that was on a scale larger than what she was used to. Being able to focus on just wandering around with a single person as her guide seemed like it would be somewhat relaxing.

Lady Rune

Collette squeaked her surprise, of course it would be her guide here! Her cheeks flushed with color at the embarrassing realization and Collette quickly bowed her head in apology. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't expecting you this early! I suppose I should have though..." her sentence trailed off into nervous laughter. Curse her shy nature. Clearing her throat Collette bowed her head again, using one foot to usher a curious Ammy back away from the door, and offered another sheepish smile. "If you'll give me just a moment, I can change. No sense in making you come back!"

She needed to be quick! It killed her to shut the door in Lynne's face but she really didn't have much of a choice. Thankfully it didn't take her long to get ready! One pair of skinny fit jeans and a floral V-neck shirt later and Collette was ready to go properly greet her partner. Picking Bones back up again Collette slipped on her flats and opened the door, letting Ammy venture out into the hall ahead of her. Undoubtedly the Vulpix was more than eager to greet the Growlithe waiting for them, she'd always been the friendly type. Once her door had been shut behind her Coleltte finally turned to Lynne and grinned. "Sorry, again, I'm Collette! But I suppose you already knew that, huh?" She really needed to work on her nervous babbling... badly. "So uhm... shall we?" Maybe the academy would help bring her out of the shell life in a small town had created. She was glad Lynne seemed nice, it helped calm some of the butterflies fluttering in her belly... some.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Lynne didn't seem to mind waiting in the hallway, when Collette was done changing, Lynne could be seen kneeling, petting and cuddling her Growlithe. She smiled at Collette when she approached. "No problem, you didn't take long at all." The two walked across campus, Lynne confidently leading the way to the cafeteria. Inside, a wide variety of food was served, Almost anything that a person could desire for breakfast would be found. Lynne sat a table with a breakfast sandwich of sorts, and a parfait. So, Collette, what brought you to Xan Academy? What do you study or hope to do in the future?"

"Oh, right. The next part of orientation will be about catching a wild Pokemon! So to facilitate that, we'll be visiting the campus store to get some supplies and give you the opportunity to see what all they carry. As part of the orientation, you're also given $1000 to spend at the store. The school likes to cover costs when it comes to catching your first Wild Pokemon here, so don't be shy." Lynne slid the money across the table to Collette with a smile. "Don't worry though, we're in no rush so feel free to take your time and enjoy breakfast."

[info]$1000 added to Collette's sheet.[/info]

Lady Rune

Collette stuck close to Lynne, resisting the urge to cling to the others shirt as her eye wandered around the campus. It was massive compared to what she had been used to growing up and extremely distracting. Even the cafeteria was huge! After mulling over her options she settled for some French toast and a glass of orange juice before seating herself across from Lynne. "Why Xan?" She smiled thoughtfully and took a sip of her drink. "I've got a fascination with mysterious Pokémon and ruins... when I found out about Xan and their field experience, I couldn't resist the opportunity."

She eyed the money slid across the table carefully, but took it none the less. Who was she to question the Academy's generosity? "So I'll have three little ones by the end of the day then?" She took a bite of her breakfast before deciding to sate her own curiosity. "Why did you pick the academy? If you don't mind me asking?"
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

"So you're into archaeology? Sure seems like you've ended up at the right place then. Assuming everything goes well, you'll have a third Pokemon yes, hopefully we can find a cute one!" Lynne seemed oddly excited when the subject of cute Pokemon was brought up, but quickly came back down to earth when asked about her own reasons for attending the academy.

"Well, I'm a photographer, and Xan has no shortage of subjects. There are all sorts of interesting people, Pokemon, and places that attending Xan Academy allows me to visit and capture on film. Along with all of the interesting lectures on various subjects, and the large amount of events that students are invited to, the curriculum here provides the best resources in the world to go for my dream." The girl finished eating and didn't seem to be in a hurry to continue on with orientation, enjoying the conversation.

Lady Rune

Collette couldn't help the smile that bloomed on her face, Lynne's enthusiasm was just too cute! "I'll just be happy to get to raise another Pokémon." She liked to think her companions were fairly well behaved, albeit a tad spoiled, but we'll behaved none the less. She'd never been fond of confining Ammy to a Pokéball, a habit she continued with Bones, but that preference would likely have to change.

Clutching her Cubone closer to her chest Collette shrugged her wandering mind away, focusing again on Lynne. Conversation with the other girl seemed to flow fairly easily and soon Collette found her butterflies had all but vanished. She listened to Lynne explain her own reasons for joining the academy while they ate, unable to wipe the comfortable smile from her face. She supposed, however, that such a response was actually good thing though. "Photography huh? That sounds nifty, have you gotten any good shots so far, or been anywhere particularly spectacular?" Finishing off her own breakfast Collette leaned back in her chair, perfectly content to let Lynne lead the tour as she pleased. Neither girl seemed to be in any rush, after all.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/FLv7ME5fPfA&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

"We'll make sure that happens!" Helping someone catch a new Pokemon was always exciting. Turning to the subject of photography was also exciting for Lynne, and her eyes always lit up.

Well, my parents are Pokemon breeders, so there was never a shortage of things to take pictures of back home. Not too long from now, I'll be going on a cruise to hopefully get some great pictures, the ship's called the St. Jude, and there should be all sorts of people and Pokemon around, and scenery that I wouldn't be able to find anywhere else." As much as Lynne enjoyed the conversation she realized that they probably shouldn't spend the entire day in the cafeteria, so it would be wise to keep moving.  She gathered her stuff and threw away her garbage, returning the tray to the proper area and returned to the table.

"Alright, we should probably head to the Academy's store now, it isn't too far from the cafeteria, but we don't know how long it will take to find a wild Pokemon, so it would be best to get an early start."

Lady Rune

"Oh wow! That's neat." Collette chuckled softly "hopefully your cruise goes well."

Collette grinned, Lynne's attitude was infectious, and nodded her head in agreement. "Aye, you're probably right. Lead the way?" Following the other's lead, Collette disposed of her trash as well and set her tray down before rejoining Lynne to head for the store together. "I know you were assigned to me, but I still appreciate you showing me around."
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/FLv7ME5fPfA&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

"I sure hope so, I've been looking forward to it for quite a while! Also, don't worry about it, it's scary to end up in a new place all alone, so i'm actually quite thankful for the academy's orientations as well."
The two girls started walking across campus, towards the academy's store. It wasn't a long walk, but you could see the various students running about with their Pokemon for various assignments. The walk itself was rather pleasant and the clouds had begun to break as sun filtered through them, making a quite calming morning.  "Alright, feel free to take as long as you need looking at everything in the shop, they sell quite a lot of items. I'll be around if you have any questions or need any help.

The shelves were lined with items, Pokeballs of various types, potions, repels, and status healers, along with a large variety of adventuring and survival supplies. The shop was currently pretty empty, giving Collette a great view of all of the merchandise. The cashier seemed to be a rather friendly person as well, smiling her way.

[info]If you want to buy stuff, feel free to ask about it and I can fetch prices.[/info]

Lady Rune

Collette grinned, hugging her Cubone closer to her chest. She let her eyes wander around the campus as they walked, watching the other students rush past with their Pokémon in the comforting sunlight. It wasn't long until they reached the store, however, and Collette turned her head to Lynne to listen to her explanation. "Fair enough! I'll be sure to ask if I run into any difficulties, where will we be going to look for wild Pokémon? If you don't mind me asking, you're welcome to keep it a secret though."  She winked at the other girl and carefully placed Bones down next to Ammy, giving the Vulpix a pat on the head. After instructing the two to behave she began looking through various items.

[spoiler=Items for price check]

• Pokéball
  • Potion
  • Antidote; if applicable
  • Paralyze Heal; if applicable
  • Awakening;if applicable
[/spoiler]
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

[info]The cashier politely informed you that the potions were 200 each, the Pokeballs were 250 each, and the other items you were curious about were most regrettably out of stock, because of students buying them out in preparation of an upcoming field trip. [/info]

"There's some woods with meadows not too far from town, we'll probably head out that way to look around. With the time of day, some Pokemon might be heading out to enjoy the sun." Lynne sat next to the Pokemon on the floor, her own Growlithe joining them, as she waited for Collette to go about her business. She had a thing for cute Pokemon, and wouldn't pass up such an easy opportunity to pet a couple of them.

Lady Rune

Collette smiled at the cashier and nodded appreciatively. Doing a quick check of her current items she decided to forgo the potions and bought two Pokeballs instead before thanking the cashier and bidding her farewell. "Woods you say?" She smiled as she turned back to Lynne and their pokemon. It was nice to see Ammy and Bones getting along with others so soon after their move. "Maybe I'll get lucky and catch something good on the first go, yea?" Collette was more than excited to go exploring around the academy, not having to do it on her own was even better, and quickly returned to Lynne. Once her items were situated in her bag, she quickly tamed her unruly bangs with a thin headband before scooping back up the Cubone shuffling back to her. Bones loved to be carried around while Ammy preferred to walk at her trainers side. It was a curious dynamic but as long as the two never became jealous of one another it did not matter.

Again shaking herself from her thoughts, Collette grinned down at Lynne and shifted Bones in her arms before offering her hand to help the other up. "Shall we? I'm excited to get to see more of the area."

[info]Two Pokeballs purchased.[/info]
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/XxjJHdfCp_Y&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

"We'll find out! Hopefully we find something at least, I don't want to think about what would happen if an orientation didn't go well. So we might as well get going." The two walked down a lightly wooded path leading out of the academy, and after around thirty minutes, the woods around them began to thicken. Sunlight filtered through the branches, dappling across fallen leaves, and grass. Birds and other small animals could be seen playing around the trees. Lynne looked about in wonder, with her camera around her neck as she strolled down the path. "Wow... there's so much beauty out here." Before too much more time had passed, there was some rustling in a nearby bush, Ruby stood alert, sniffing and looking around.

[info]Roll a Perception Check![/info]