[Letina] Pokemon Wishlist: Torkoal

Started by Linwelin, January 28, 2016, 12:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

QuoteThis thread is for Letina. One other trainer may join, with Letina's permission.

Being stranded on an island located who-knows-where had not been kind to you; in fact, you were starting to expect the difficulties. But this time it was one step beyond that. Finding a cave that was flooded with smoke, which often indicated volcanic activity on a volcanic island such as this, had for some reason snapped the last straw for the day with you. Yet another obstacle blocking your path, when you knew there was something more than vents inside. So you plunged into the smoke with abandon, your eyes keen from your stubborn determination. finally you wandered into an open area, where the smoke lifted toward the ceiling. This revealed two large tortoises with smoke billowing from their shells. It was never volcanic vents, it was Pokemon!

[info]2 Torkoal appear![/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Attempting to wipe smoke from her eyes, Letina looked at the large tortoises. Were these? No way! They were! But that meant... Even though the Torkoal were causing all the smoke, the fact that they were there did not nullify her fears that the volcano on the island might be active. They probably were not helping the situation, either.

Since they were tortoise type Pokémon, they probably had high defense. And being fire-type as well, Letina knew it would be pointless to call out Blaise, Coalee, or Quilz unless she absolutely had to. Beauty was simply not an option, fire was her weakness. Thus, she would have to use her only water-type, her Piplup.

"Come on out, Bubbles! Use your namesake and reduce the smoke those Torkoal are producing!"

[info]Letina calls out Piplup and Piplup uses Bubble on the Torkoal.[/info]

Ella

Accuracy? [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
Bubble [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+20 : 2, 1 + 20, total 23[/blockquote]

Bubble is a burst 1, so I dunno if I still need the accuracy roll or not.

Linwelin

[spoiler]All attacks require accuracy. For a burst, its one accuracy and damage roll to affect all in range of the burst.[/spoiler]

Bubbles' attack struck true as it ran up to the tortoise and bubbles burst forth from and around it. Though it didn't seem to pierce the Torkoal's shell well, it was quite the effective hit; some of the bubbles wafted around the shell, shattering against the Torkoal's legs, weakening its footing. The Torkoal groaned in pain at the sudden burst, which momentarily blew away the white smoke surrounding it. The burst of bubbles didn't quite hit the second Torkoal, which skirted the blast range narrowly. Suddenly, the white smoke turned purple as it billowed over Bubbles, another gout spewing from the other nearby.

[okay]Bubbles deals 24 damage to Torkoal 1, also dealing an injury to its legs (-1 Spe)[/okay]
[error]Torkoal 1 and 2 deal 18 damage total with their Smog attacks![/error]

[spoiler]Actions
Bubbles uses Bubble and deals 24 damage to Torkoal 1
Torkoal 1 and 2 do 18 damage with their collective smog attacks.

Damage:
Bubbles: 36/54
Torkoal 1: 24, 1 injury (-1 Spe)
Torkoal 2: 0

Turn Order:
Torkoal 2
Bubbles
Torkoal 1
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

For looking like Pokémon who would have a strong defense, the Torkoal that Bubbles had actually hit with her attack seemed to be having a hard time already. She would have to be careful with Bubbles water-type attacks. Perhaps it would be better to try to capture the Torkoal that had already taken damage to be on the safe side. Pulling out a ball, Letina lobbed it.

As soon as the ball landed, Letina called out for Bubbles to attack again. "Use Bubble again, this time try to target the other Torkoal!"

[info]Letina throws a ball at Torkoal 1 and Bubbles uses Bubble on the Torkoal 2.[/info]

Ella

Pokéball Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Capture: [blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 62, total 62[/blockquote]

Attack Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
Bubble: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+20 : 1, 5 + 20, total 26[/blockquote]

Linwelin

Your Pokeball flies wide, missing the Torkoal entirely as Bubbles rushed toward her next target. Bubbles burst forth from her beak, surrounding her and popping against the second Torkoal. The hit was a solid one, with the Torkoal groaning in pain from the hit. In response, both of the tortoises shot a flurry of embers at Bubbles. Though not effective type-wise, one of the Torkoal hit Bubbles in a few lucky areas, inflicting more damage than expected, as well as causing burns.

[okay]Bubbles deals 34 damage and 2 injuries to Torkoal 2 with Bubble.[/okay]
[error]Bubbles takes 16 damage and is burned from the collective embers of the two Torkoal. Attack is reduced from injury.[/error]
[info]Resolved Pokeball use.[/info]

[spoiler]Actions
Bubbles uses Bubble and deals 34 damage to Torkoal 2, causing 2 injuries.
Torkoal 1 and 2 do 16 damage with their collective Ember attacks, causing 1 injury and burning (-2 Def).

Damage:
Bubbles: 20/54, 1 Injury, Burnt. (-1 Atk, -2 Def)
Torkoal 1: 24, 1 injury (-1 Spe)
Torkoal 2: 34, 2 injuries (-1 Spe, -1 SpDef)

Turn Order:
Torkoal 2
Bubbles
Torkoal 1
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_