Chapter 3: The Dead

Started by Throndir, January 25, 2016, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Vinny
As you began going through the jungles, following the Treecko, you hoped that he would lead you to a source of fresh water. The journeying went much slower than on the beach due to the thick foliage and heavy shrubbery, but eventually the Treecko became more and more excited. Its gait was springy, and it moved through the jungles as if it was home. For indeed the Treecko knew its way around the jungle and eventually lead you to a river. The journey took a couple of hours, and if you had to guess, it was nearing dinner time. You still had enough time in the day to head back to camp if you wish.

[okay]+1 Water
Only giving you 1 Water, due to the fact I had fully resolved your survival already.[/okay]

QuoteDaily Survival - Day 3
[spoiler]Daniel: 23
Garret: 14 -4 (injuries) -2 (hungry) -4 (very thirsty) = 4
Kram: 11 -2 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 5
Letina: 10 -1 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 5
Sigon: 4 -2 (injuries) -2 (thirsty) = 0
Vinny: 24
Lynne: 11 -1 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 6
Aivil: 6 -1 (injuries) -2 (hungry) -4 (very thirsty) = -1[/spoiler]

Total Survival
[spoiler]Daniel: 56
Garret: 4
Kram: 13
Letina: 8
Sigon: 1
Vinny: 64
Lynne: 22
Aivil: 7[/spoiler]

Resources
[spoiler]Daniel
Food: 2
Water: 2
Shelter: Decent 2 Person Shelter (16 completion, left at NE camp.)
Misc: +0 Soil Quality Mound

Garret
Food: 1
Water: 0
Shelter: Bad 1 Person Shelter (9 completion)
Items: Damaged Old Rod, Damaged First Aid Kit
Misc: 3 treeful of logs (+5 completion bonus to shelter)

Kram
Food: 0
Water: 1
Shelter: Bad 4-person Shelter (24 completion)
Items: Damaged Tent, Damaged Water Filter

Letina
Items: Damaged Tent, Damaged Sleeping Bag, Damaged Water Filter

Sigon
Food: 1
Shelter: Decent 2 Person Shelter (16 completion, left at NE camp.)

Vinny
Food: 2
Water: 4

Lynne
Food: 1 Questionable Food
Water: 0
Shelter: Bad 1 Person Shelter (9 completion)
Items: Damaged Tent

Aivil
Items: Damaged Pokedex[/spoiler]

Action Points Drained
[spoiler]Daniel: 0
Garret: 0
Kram: 0
Letina: 0
Sigon: 0
Vinny: 0
Lynne: 0
Aivil: 0[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Daniel Rask: 0,
Kram Niawt: 0, 2 injuries (-1 SATK, -1 SDEF), very thirsty
Letina Rae Deslegeech: 0, 1 injuries (-1 DEF), thirsty
[spoiler]Coalee: 41, 2 injuries (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Blaise: 47, poisoned, 2 injury (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Silcoon 1: 24, caught, 1 injury (-ATK)
Beauty: 12
[/spoiler]

Vinny Drechsler: 0,
[spoiler]Felix: 0, 2 injuries (-DEF, -ATK),
Treecko: 0,[/spoiler]

Garret "Grey" Miles: 39, 4 injuries (-2 DEF, -2 SATK), hungry, very thirsty, sick (-1 body skill checks)
Kathos Sigon: 0, 2 injuries (-1 ATK, -1 DEF), thirsty
Lynne Lockley: 0, 1 injuries (-1 SATK), very thirsty
[spoiler]Honeydew: 0,
Webzy: 0, paralyzed
Deckard: 0, 1 injury (-SATK)
Ruby: 0, 1 injuries (-SDEF)[/spoiler]

Aivil: 0, 1 injuries (-1 ATK), hungry, very thirsty
[/spoiler]

Half-Hour Rests Used
[spoiler]Daniel: 0
Garret: 16
Kram: 6
Letina: 0
[spoiler]Coalee: 0
Blaise: 0
Silcoon 1: 0
Beauty: 0[/spoiler]

Sigon: 0
Vinny: 0
[spoiler]Felix: 0
Treecko: 0)[/spoiler]

Lynne: 4
[spoiler]Honeydew: 8,
Webzy: 0
Deckard: 11
Ruby: 15[/spoiler]

Aivil: 4[/spoiler]

Custom Rulings
[spoiler]
  • Hunger status: Hungry (-2 to all accuracy and skill check rolls), Very Hungry (-4 to rolls), Starving (-6 to rolls)
  • Thirst status: Thirsty (-2 to rolls), Very Thirsty (-4 to rolls), Dehydrated (-6 to rolls)
  • Each injury adds +2 hours to actions in the day, and -1 to any Body skill (Acrobatics, Athletics, Combat, Intimidate, Stealth, and Survival)
  • One Survival check per day required, related with how you fare within that day over all.
  • Limits on what could be found on a single day regardless of how often you try.
  • Roll normally, I can add these modifiers myself as they're custom rules.
  • If started new day as this specific status:
  • Hungry, then lose 1/8 HP
  • Very Hungry, then lose 2/8 HP
  • Starving, then lose 3/8 HP
  • Thirsty, then lose 1/5 HP
  • Very Thirsty, then lose 2/5 HP
  • Dehydrated, then lose 3/5 HP
Actions and Time Spent
[spoiler]Note, this list is not exhaustive, and I'll be adding to them as players get creative on what they want to spend their day doing. Also note these are rough times, and I may change any of these depending on situation.
  • Scavenging the beach = 4 hours
  • Scavenging nearby forested areas = 4 hours
  • Sleep = 8 hours (to gain hp bonus rest)
  • Island expedition (one way) = 8 hours
  • Island expedition (there and back again) = 16 hours
  • Building camp = 12 hours
  • Fishing = 4 hours
  • Fire building and maintenance = 4 hours
  • Extended rest = 4 hours
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

"Sure, I can take a look and see what I can do with what I have." Letina replied to Lynne's plea for medical attention for the other person and began to follow her cousin. She half listened as Lynne explained why she had been on the boat. It looked like both of their interests had been the cause of their misfortunes.

Dan's sudden introduction of himself startled Letina. She jumped, turning to look at him as if he were a ghost. Realizing who he was, she calmed herself down and listened to what he had to say. Yes! Lynne would have to go back with Letina! This would make everything better! Well, not as good as find a safe way off the island, but beggars could not be choosers, or so she had been told.

It seemed Dan felt like his medical knowledge was more useful than her own, rushing before them into the small tent. The tent was only a small one, barely big enough to fit two comfortably, but definitely not four. Well, that was okay. The patient did not need to be crowded around; it would not help things and could possibly make them worse. Besides, if the patient was a boy, so he would probably feel more comfortable if a man was looking him over for injuries. Letina's time would not be wasted, however. While she had checked out what she could see of Lynne's body for wounds, she had not checked the Pokémon. She would have liked to give Lynne a more thorough check-up, but did not think either of them would be comfortable doing so out in the open.

"Call me if you need help. I'm going to give the Pokémon a check-up." She told Dan. Grabbing Lynne's hand, she dragged the girl towards the Pokémon.

"Listen up, everyone!" She called out to them. "I know its been rough for you the last few days and some of you are not in the best of conditions. If you would please gather here, I would like to give you all a health check-up!" Upon seeing some of the Pokémon hesitate, Letina looked at Lynne for help. If Lynne had been caring for them all, then they would trust Lynne enough to listen, right?

Before getting to work on the first Pokémon, Letina looked at Lynne. "I know you know at least the medical basics, but I can show you more if you want to help. When we're done, lets start packing things up so we can move you guys back to our camp as soon as he is ready to be moved."

Oath

Lynne Lockley

"Well, I'm not in such great shape myself but I'll help as much as I am able to." Lynne called out to the Pokemon that seemed to be a bit more on the skittish side of things. "Don't worry you guys! Letina here just wants to make sure you're all doing okay!" Lynne did her best to herd the Pokemon, and helped tend to them to the best of her ability.

"Letina, I'm glad it looks like you've had a better time than me. its been pretty scary out here. Where have you been staying?" A long winded conversation with her cousin would be nice, but it would have to wait until the situation was taken care of. A lot of Pokemon were not in the best shape, and Lynne herself probably didn't have enough energy to get too in depth with anything.

[info] I command the Pokemon to be good little Pokemon and turn their heads + cough for the medical check-ups!
Command: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+3 : 6, 1, 6 + 3, total 16[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

Grey woke up slowly as all the activity awoke him from outside. He was groggy from thirst or simple exhaustion it was hard to tell but his voice was rough and thick resonating from somewhere deep in his chest. He tried to sit up but only managed to just barely prop himself up on an elbow. "Sorry I'm not in better shape to greet you it is good to see that we were not the only ones to come out of that ship in one piece. I'm Garrett Miles though everyone at home calls me Grey." Dan would see that what clothes he was wearing was mostly rags on his thin frame. A day worth of sea water damage and then exposure to fire had eaten holes and tears in almost everything he owned. "My family is all over, but I'm from Unovia I was meant to be going to a competition to see my sister since I had some free time from school."

He shifted from his spot staggering slightly from the pain and almost eating a face full of sand. "I haven't really done much moving since I regained consciousness only late yesterday. I'll give it everything I have not to be a burden. I imagine my Hiro won't let me do anything to dangerous." He motioned and his machop could be seen watching the whole scene  from the sidelines holding onto a corsola who was rabidly attempting to leave his grip to attack dan and push him away from her master. Hiro had enough insight to know that humans could take better care of human's but he was looking on with worry.

Linwelin

Dan noted the exhausted state Grey was in, and upon further investigation, realized he was ill as well. "No need to apologize, Grey. You were pretty battered, I'd say it's amazing you pulled through. Just try to rest. None of that 'burden' business, either. Not only are you a human in my same situation, but it's my duty to help people survive in the wilderness." Daniel looks to the two Pokemon watching over them, noting that a certain coral Pokemon seemed to want to knock his teeth in.

"No need to be so up tight, I'm hear to help him. We'll have Grey back on his feet in no time." He motioned amicably toward the duo before turning back to Grey. "After looking over you further, I'd prefer you didn't walk. You have plenty of lumber around you, I can use some of it to make a sled for the sand, with a little help." Dan looks back toward the two Pokemon to address them, "What do you say? Could you help me fashion a wooden sled? I just need help cutting of some planks from these tree trunks lying around us."

[info]Dan offers to build a wood sled to act as a stretcher for transport.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Grey nodded, "Thanks for the help. To be honest, I'm just glad that we are not alone on this island. I was getting ready for a tough go of things." coaxing his corsola over to snuggle into his chest he continued. "I'll help out any way I can, and I'm sure my partners feel the same way." Hiro moved up next to Grey attempting to stand confidently despite his size. "Well, most of them." Grey chuckled petting the coral pokemon as it attempted to bury itself in the remnants of his clothes.

"Hiro here,"
Grey said as he rubbed his machop's head. "can help with the wood chopping easily enough. can't you buddy?" Hiro nodded his head eagerly. "Actually building the thing, however I have to leave up to you guys I'm afraid. Himiko might be able to get some seaweed, or you could hunt for vines deeper in the forest. Sorry I'm not much more help."

[info]
Hiro will help build the sled by chopping wood as needed using karate chop.
crit is 17+
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 16 + 2, total 18[/blockquote]

If Dan decides he want my other pokemons help I'll roll as needed
[/info]