Trainer Battle: Hardheaded Girl

Started by Linwelin, January 22, 2016, 11:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

QuoteThis thread is for Grey and Lynne.

The girl stared you both down defiantly.

"What? First you're refusing to pay for the clothes you ruined, THEN you're looking down on me and telling me what to do. YOOOOOU'RE in the wrong! Fine, I'll take you both on!"

The girl calls out two of her Pokemon, an onion-like Pokemon and a small boulder. "Oddy, Rolly, let's go!" She then turns back to you both, "If I win, you get me whatever I want. If you win, I'll say I'm wrong."

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Grey Rolls his eyes and Hiro who was clinging to his mater at the time steps forward not liking how she addressed his beloved mater. He would teacher her to be so rude to the ones he loved. With a huff he got into a battle stance. He only realized later that he recognized the other trainer next to his master as the one who had had helped them on the island.

[info]5 Speed

uses karate chop on Rolly

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+26 : 4, 6 + 26, total 36[/blockquote]

[/info]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

It was an unexpected reunion, the person that Lynne had saved on the island appeared before her as a partner in correcting this child's behavior. "Alright Ruby, let's teach this child a lesson!" The Growlithe looked elated as a flame formed in its mouth. "Ember!"
[Info] Lynne uses an interrupt action and 1 AP to take a picture of Machop's Karate Chop.

Ruby has 10 speed.

EMBER! Burns on 18+
Accuracy [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]
Damage [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+13 : 3, 2 + 13, total 18[/blockquote]

Linwelin

The girl screams shortly at the Ember, "Nooo!"

The girl watches in fear as the Oddish is engulfed in flames. However, it still stands strong, though the flames singed its leaves and its feet, causing an aversion to physical contact and a slower movement. In response, fearing similar for Rolly, she makes her first command. "Rolly, quick, headbutt that Machop!" The Roggenrola, with a surprising bit of speed, charges and bashes his rock head into Hirotoshi, leaving him staggered and unable to act on the command issued to him. "Yes! Nice hit, Rolly! Oddy, use absorb on the Machop!" Oddy homes in on Hirotoshi in response, draining energy from him to replenish its own. This seems to weaken Hirotoshi.

[okay]Ruby uses Ember and deals 20 damage and 2 injuries to Oddy.[/okay]

[error]Hirotoshi flinches from Rolly's headbutt, and takes 15 damage.
Hirotoshi is unable to move.
Oddy deals 18 damage to Hirotoshi, healing and dealing an injury (-1 Atk Combat Stage)

I've put the Attack Combat stage in your sheet so it's remembered next time you attack.[/error]

[spoiler]
Actions:
Ruby Embers Oddish for 20 damage, causing singe marks that left it with two injuries.
Rolly Headbutts Hirotoshi for 15 damage, and staggers him (Caused flinch with hit), negating his next move.
Hirotoshi's attack was negated.
Oddy uses absorb on Hirotoshi, dealing 18 damage and healing for 9.

Damage:
Ruby: 60/60
Rolly: 0
Hirotoshi: 26/53, 1 Injury (-1 Atk)
Oddy: 11, 2 Injuries (-1 Def, -1 Spe)

Turn Order:
Ruby
Rolly
Hirotoshi
Oddy[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

"Good job Ruby! Keep it up!" Lynne called out in support of her Growlithe, glad that it managed to land a solid hit. She saw Grey's Machop take a pretty solid hit from the headbutt, she hoped it was alright. It was a good little guy.

Ruby! Aim for Oddish again! Ember!" Flames sprung forth from Ruby's mouth once more, sailing through the air towards the Oddish.

[info]Lynne still wants a picture of Machop's moves. Will take a picture of whatever attack he does.
Ember shot at Oddish.
Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
Damage : [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+13 : 6, 6 + 13, total 25[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

Using Karma to reroll accuracy. Will resolve karma.

New Accuracy [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

Hiro manages to just shake off the stun as grey calls out, "Don't let them shake you. You know how to stand up to  punks like these lets show them what we can really do."

With that Hiro aims for another solid chop on the rock Pokemon.

[info]Hiro Karate Chops
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote][
reminder 17+ is crit

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+24 : 5, 5 + 24, total 34[/blockquote]
/info]

Linwelin

This time the girl lets loose an actual cry before calling Oddy back, as it is hit by another burst of fire and immediately KO'd.

"ODDYYYYY~!" She sniffles. "Return...you'll pay for that! Come on out, Duney! She releases a land snake kind of Pokemon It's yellow with blue stripes on its back, a round head and small wing-like appendages growing on either side of its back.

"Rolly, hit that Machop with a Tackle!" The Roggenrola springs forth, rushing into Hirotoshi full force. He was pushed backwards from the blow, but responds with a solid chop onto the now-adjacent Rock Pokemon. The strike was solid, nearly conquering it in one blow. The chop seemed to nearly crack the surface, greatly reducing defense.

[okay]Ruby uses Ember on Oddy, Knocking it out!
Hirotoshi deals 40 damage to Rolly with Karate Chop[/okay]
[info]Duney is sent out to replace Oddy.[/info]
[error]Hirotoshi takes 10 damage from Rolly's Tackle.[/error]

[spoiler]
Actions:
Ruby Embers Oddish again, knocking it out.
Duney is sent out.
Rolly Tackles Hirotoshi for 10 damage.
Hirotoshi's Karate Chops Rolly for 40 damage, greatly injuring it.

Damage:
Ruby: 60/60
Rolly: 40, 2 Injuries (-2 Def)
Hirotoshi: 16/53, 1 Injury (-1 Atk)

Turn Order:
Ruby
Rolly
Duney
Hirotoshi
Oddy[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne let out a cheer as Ruby finished off the Oddish. She turned to Grey momentarily. You handle Rolly! I'll get this new one! Great job Ruby, let's keep it up!" She called out in support to her Growlithe as well. She pointed at the new Pokemon that had come out. "Alright Ruby, Go bite it!" She wasn't sure what exactly this new creature was, so she brought out her Pokedex to scan it while Ruby went on the offensive.

[info] Lynne uses her Pokedex to scan Dunsparce.

Ruby uses Bite! Flinches on 15+
Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+23 : 3, 1 + 23, total 27[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

Hiro's eyes seemed to come alight with a blaze of confidence at that last attack. It was a strange personality quirk that Grey somehow developed in many of his Pokemon. Like a geyser exploding when his friends did their best to protect him allowing themselves to fight and be hit to their limit a switch flipped. Some may call it the power of the bond they shared. Others may call it grey's own masochistic tendencies transferring to those he raised.

Regardless of the source when this particular    machop hit its limit he did not try to run away or block as normal but simply open himself up more to the damage with a cocky grin. Fueled by the pain he would face what was coming head on and deliver his own retribution. All noise of the world even his own trainer melted away. As Rolly made his next attack Hiro saw his opening.

Taking everything they had to offer with a smile he grabbed the small Pokemon, arm muscles bulging. Threw him up in the air with a dizzying amount of top spin, and right before he hit the ground delivered a football styled field call sending the rock Pokemon spiraling in the air far over its trainer's head into the distance

Hiro uses low kick on Rolly
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

courage activates giving +5 damage and damage reduction for the rest of the fight

Linwelin

Ruby rushes forward, biting down on the newcomer. Though it was a solid hit, Duney didn't seem as phased as you would have expected from past battles. The girl shouts her commands "Duney, counter with Rollout! Rolly, Headbutt that Machop! You can do it!" As Ruby backs off from the attack, Duney takes advantage to spiral into rolling, bashing into Ruby. Rolly, however, was not as lucky, slipping and bashing its head against the ground, making Hirotoshi's kick easy to land. With a solid strike to the dome, Rolly was knocked out.

This time, the girl groaned at her Pokemon's inept move, disappointed for wasting the advantage she had. She realized she was losing, having lost two Pokemon without even knocking out one herself. Frantically, she brought out her next ally, "Come on out, Puffs!" After the red light fades from the release, you see a pink ball with large blue eyes, small arms and feet, and pointy ears.

[okay]Ruby's Bite does 17 damage to Duney.
Rolly is knocked out![/okay]
[error]Ruby takes 26 damage from Duney's Rollout.[/error]
[info]Puffs is called out.[/info]

[spoiler]
Actions:
Ruby bites Duney for 17 damage.
Duney rolls into Ruby for 26 damage.
Rolly is knocked out by Hirotoshi's kick after stumbling.
Puffs is called out.

Damage:
Ruby: 34/60
Puffs: 0

Turn Order:
Ruby
Rolly
Duney
Hirotoshi
Puffs
Oddy[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Still not feeling the large amount of pain. Hiro did a quick pivot facing the land snake Pokemon with one foe finished he was ready to set upon another. With a running charge he went to block ruby from any oncoming damage. He simply continue to grin and then slams into it with a karate chop.

[info]Hiro uses Karate chop
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
17+ crit

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+29 : 5, 5 + 29, total 39[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

As the Jigglypuff came out, Lynne changed her focus to it. It seemed as if Machop would take care of the Dunsparce. "Ruby! Bite that Jigglypuff!" She hoped that Dunsparce would go down soon, before it hit Ruby too much more.

[info]Lynne uses 1 AP to take a picture of Rollout when it is used.
Ruby uses Bite on Puffs! Flinches on 15+
Accuracy : [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
Damage : [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+23 : 4, 6 + 23, total 33[/blockquote]

Linwelin

Once again, Ruby darts out immediately, having superior speed compared to the rest, biting down on the Jigglypuff. However, the attack seemed to not be nearly as effective as usual, which allowed Puffs to whirl around and pound the Growlithe with her fist. This fight seemed to be a fairly even one. That was until the Dunsparce came rolling back from behind, smashing into Ruby's back as she is hit by Puffs. Hirotoshi manages to Karate Chop Duney as he rolls by, ending the Dunsparce's hit spree, but the damage was already done.

The girl bit her lip with conflicted feelings, it seemed she was out of more pokemon, Puffs being her last.

"Good job you two, You got this, Puffs!" She calls back Duney.

[okay]Ruby does 15 damage to Puffs.
Hirotoshi does 58 damage to Duney, knocking him out.[/okay]
[error]Ruby takes 26 damage from Puffs' Pound.
Ruby takes 56 damage from Duney's Rollout.
Ruby is Knocked out! Lynne to call out next Pokemon.[/error]

[spoiler]
Actions:
Ruby bites Puffs for 15 damage.
Puffs pounds Ruby for 26 damage.
Duney rolls over Ruby for 58 damage, knocking her out.
Duney is knocked out by Hirotoshi's karate chop.

Damage:
Ruby: 34/60
Duney: 17
Puffs: 0

Turn Order:
Ruby
Rolly
Duney
Hirotoshi
Puffs
Oddy[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Lynne looked on with a hint of sadness as Ruby went down, but she had done well. Ruby was called back as Webzy was sent out. "Alright Webzy! Finish the job! Poison Sting!" the Spinarak shot a needle straight at the Jigglypuff.

[info]Poison Sting! Poison on 17+
Accuracy [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
Damage: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d8+19 : 8 + 19, total 27[/info]