[Letina] Pokemon Wishlist: Piplup

Started by Linwelin, January 20, 2016, 10:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

QuoteThis thread is for Letina. One other person can join, if desired. Ask Ella to participate.

You make your way through the cold fog, ending up down an embankment toward the shore. After a bit of wandering along the shoreline, you spot a few Piplup playing in the water. They take note of your approach, stopping their play and going a little on guard.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

"Come on, slowpoke!" Letina called to her cousin as she scrambled over some large rocks to reach an area of the shoreline that would better suit their needs. She had asked her cousin to do a photoshoot here on a foggy day. Coalee would look so cool, coming out of the fog.

It was then that she realized something had changed. She did not notice the sound of the Piplup playing in the water, but the sudden end to that sound. Looking in the direction of where she believed the sound had been coming from, Letina could barely make them out through the fog from her location. Moving a little closer, she realized what they were and turned back to call once more to her cousin, this time with an attempt at a carrying whisper.

"Lynne, there are Pokémon here!"

Oath

Lynne Lockley

It was a cold day. Lynne watched each breath rise into the sky as she huff and puffed her way through the rocks after her cousin. She wasn't sure why she had agreed to such a spur of the moment and bizarre request, but it was nice to see her  cousin again. They hadn't seen each other too often after Letina got sucked into classes. Lynne scrambled over the rocks, trying to catch up with her cousin. She had dressed for the weather and wasn't used to such heavy clothing so she was struggling with her mobility. As she made it to the top she looked down and saw what appeared to be some cute little penguin Pokemon. Piplups maybe!

Lynne let out a quiet gasp, shocked to see something so cute all the way out here. "Letina, they're so cute! We've gotta catch em. We can take your pictures after that." in a moment her facial expression had gone from slightly sour to positively beaming. Carefully, Lynne let her Mareep out of its Pokeball. The Pokemon had already seemed to notice them but it was better not to startle them further. "Alright Deckard, easy does it. she pat the Mareep's head as she caught up to Letina.

[info]Lynne calls out Deckard.[/info]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

"Sounds good to me!" Letina agreed to Lynne's plan. "Come on, Blaise, lets make some new friends!"

[info]Letina calls out Blaise.[/info]

Linwelin

The Piplup seemed to stiffen as they noticed your approach, going on their guard and aborting any games they'd been playing. Now that you were closer, you could see there were precisely three of them. They waited for you to make any sort of move before deciding on their actions. It seemed they were slightly distressed over being interrupted, especially by people they weren't used to. You actually suspected they didn't often have contact with people.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne motioned for Deckard to stay put as she slowly walked towards the Piplup, crouched with her hand extended. "Hey there, little guys. Would you like to play with Letina and I? You're really cute!" She hoped that the Pokemon would respond favorably, maybe she could even take some pictures of them!

[info]Lynne uses charm on the Piplups!
[blockquote]Rolled 4d6+3 : 4, 6, 6, 4 + 3, total 23[/blockquote][/info]

Linwelin

Your gentle and genuine manner definitely came across in the right way, and after a little bit of coaxing, the Piplup began playing with you. Of course, as wild water Pokemon, their form of playing wasn't quite what you intended. After a bit of happy chirping from the three Piplup, you both were promptly sprayed with gentle, but frigid streams of water in play. Though the Piplup didn't notice at first that this wasn't exactly harmless, your shaking with chills despite your cold-weather gear made it apparent. You were not in any danger, but it was certainly cold and slowing. Realizing their mistakes, the Piplup wandered up to you asking for forgiveness, with concerned looks on their faces. Both of your Pokemon were also soaked, but as it was gentle, no damage was done, and they seemed to shake it off well enough.

They seem to have taken to you both.

[error]Temporary -1 combat stage to your Speed, not your Pokemon's.[/error]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

"Its-ss okay, little ones-sss." Letina assured them, shivering and pulling Blaise close to her. The Torchic had a much warmer body than most other Pokémon, which often allowed her to use him as a living heater on cold days and nights. Bird feathers usually slid most water off anyways, so of all of them, he would dry off the quickest. "Blaise is really warm, so I'll be dry in no time."

She reached out to pet one of the Piplup on the head, trying to reassure it.

[info]Letina also tries to charm the Piplups.
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 2, 5, 3 + 2, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne remained crouched, shivering a bit from the spray of the water. It was a small price to pay for how adorable the Piplup were. "You guys are the best! Would you like to come on an adventure with us?" Lynne set a Pokeball down in front of her while patting one of the Piplups on the head.

[info]Lynne is charming the Piplup again! And setting a Pokeball down if it chooses to join her.

Charm: [blockquote]Rolled 4d6+3 : 4, 2, 4, 5 + 3, total 18[/blockquote]
[/info]

Linwelin

As much as they loved you both, to be asked to leave their homes was a big question for them. One seemed to decline immediately, but two remained interested, though they both had a questioning look. Those looks turn to ones of acceptance after the interaction, with each Piplup walking up to one of you. They both wait expectantly.

[info]Both remaining Piplup can be willingly caught![/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Feeling a little better thanks to Blaise and the willingness of the Piplup, Letina pet the Piplup nearest to here again and then pulled out a ball of her own. "All you have to do to join us is touch this ball and let it pull you inside. Its a safe place for guys like you and Blaise here to hang out while us humans do all the manual labor of traveling around. I live at at DayCare center where there are a lot of other Pokémon to play with, too!" That explained, Letina held the ball out towards the Piplup.

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne followed in Letina's footsteps in dealing with the Piplup. She pat the remaining Piplup on the head, and touched the Pokeball to it. "We're going to be such great friends! I think you'll like the other Pokemon I have too! I look forward to spending many days with you!" She then turned to Letina. "Yay! We did it! We both got some cute little Piplups. They might not be fire types, but you can't deny how cute they are!"

[info]Lynne touches her Pokeball to Piplup! Resolved Pokeball usage.[/info]

Linwelin

Letina

The Piplup pecks the button on the ball, entering it without resistance.

Lynne

With a cheerful chirp in reply, the Piplup entered the ball.

[info]Lynne and Letina both catch a Piplup!

I'll add them to your sheets later tonight.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Letina grinned at her cousin. They made a great Pokémon catching team! They did not even have to battle and get their Pokémon or the Piplup hurt to catch them. She should invite Lynne whenever she goes out in search of Pokémon more often!

'The might not be Cyndaquil...' She would have corrected her cousin's phrase, but opted against it. Blaise was still out of his ball and he got easily upset when Letina showed too much enthusiasm about Cyndaquil when he was around. Early on in their relationship, the Pokémon Breeder in training had failed to realize how much her affection for Quilz and all Cyndaquil might hurt the Torchic's feelings. Recently, she had been trying her hardest to be more conscious of her. She truly did love Blaise as well.

"Yeah!" Letina agreed with her cousin. "Want to do that photoshoot now? We can do some shots with our new friends, too!" She would decide on a name for the Piplup later.

[info]Resolving used Pokéball on Letina's Sheet.[/info]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Her cousin was right, they did come here to do the Photoshoot after all. She took the pictures as planned, allowing Letina to get all the poses she wanted to see her Pokemon in before coming up with a great idea. Lynne got out the tripod and set up her camera. She then let all of her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. "Letina! Let's get a group shot of the two of us with all of our Pokemon! Let everyone come out to play!" She set the timer for as long as she could and ran over into the pile of Pokemon with her cousin. It was a good picture to remember the occasion with.