[Sev] Pokémon Wishlist: Deerling

Started by Throndir, January 11, 2015, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteLanelja only

The path looks vaguely familiar. You remember from the times that your mentor, Risaire, taught you, you recognize some of these tracks to be from a Pok?mon, specifically a Deerling. The current area was known for having Deerling travel through it. Not only that, they were still fresh. How the grass parted ways, or branches bent at particular angles gave you enough information to attempt to track the Deerling. The further you travel, the more you realized there was more than just one.

Soon enough, you entered into a clearing, and before you were two Deerling, both of them eating grass peacefully. Dusty looked at you expectantly.

QuoteThere are two Deerling. Assume the Deerling are close enough for both you and Dusty to close the gap with a melee attack in a single command.

Lanelja

"Good," Sev whispered to Dusty, fishing through her bag. "I have a couple berries left. How about we make a friend, big guy?"

Dusty nodded and looked to the pair of Deerling, eyes sparkling with determination toward the friendship.

Sev positioned herself carefully in the shrubs, hoping to not startle the two Pok?mon when she would finally come out. Risaire's methods of capturing Pok?mon had always been a bit unorthodox, but considering they had netted him a phenomenal partner like Solte, Sev had unshakable faith in them. Faith in herself, maybe not so much, but definitely faith in her mentor,

With a deep breath, she stepped out before the Pok?mon, holding out an Oran Berry in each hand. "Hey, there," she said quietly, easily, trying to emulate the tone Risaire would always take when he met wild Pok?mon. The Deerling started, heads bolting up and legs tensing, and they eyed her warily. "Easy now. Easy. Dusty and I here would like to be friends. Is that okay?"

Throndir

Quote+6 Spirit modifier, Applicable skill stunt
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+12 : 3, 4 + 12, total 19[/blockquote]

Throndir

When you first started to move out, both Deerling had looked as if they were going to start dashing away. However your specific gestures and tone of voice was enough to let both Deerling watch you carefully. However, with your proffered food, both of them let you get closer. Soon enough they were less than a meter away, but still they stood eyeing the berries you held in each of your hands.

They were still both tense, and you could tell that they wanted the food, but they didn't immediately move up to eat it.

Lanelja

Sev did not move an inch. Dusty, used to this being the way of things, did not move either, and did his best to keep his jaws closed and not look threatening.

"I'm Sev," the trainer continued, her voice soft and careful. "Dusty and I are traveling all over the region. We've just started out, but he and I have been friends for a long time." Sev couldn't say how common or uncommon it might be to tell wild Pok?mon your life story, but as much as it was an effort to assure them that you mean no harm, it can also draw the attention of any Pok?mon with a sense of adventure. She'd seen it in action just as often as she'd heard Risaire's stories.

"I once calmed down a territorial Ursaring by telling it a joke. Never underestimate a Pok?mon's capacity to understand you, Sev. Many of them know more than we could ever imagine."

Slowly, almost imperceptibly, she reached a little further forward, brought the Berries a little bit closer.

Throndir

QuoteSev's Charm
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+12 : 6, 3 + 12, total 21[/blockquote]

Throndir

Hesitantly, but surely, both the Deerling began eating the berries. The were slow at first, cautiously keeping their eyes on you, but the offering of food, especially these Oran berries, was more than enough of a temptation for the two Deerling. Seeing that you had made no outwardly offensive moves, nor did anything out of the ordinary, save for offering the treats, they slowly started to eat a bit more vigorously.

Soon enough they finished what you had offered, and one of them even began to lick your open palms, making sure they got every bit and morsel of berry that was still in your hands. That done they looked at you expectantly, you could tell they were both a lot more calm in your presence. To your surprise one of them even started to sit by where you had crouched down.

[error]Sev lost 2 Oran Berries (-$300)[/error]

Throndir

[info]+1 Trainer Exp to Sev for being friends with the Deerling.[/info]