[IC] New Years Festival: Scavenger Hunt - Ryine

Started by Oath, May 25, 2015, 08:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bootman

"Yeah... nice. I'll have to catch her on a better day then." He replied with a shrug as he looked around for items to collect in his pur- Elven Leafspun Shoulder Bag.  However, he couldn't help but stop and stare when Ryine took out his weapon and swung it around so easily. It wasn't longer, but at least twice the mass of his own Curve Blade, yet this man could swing his sword around so easily. Aion thought about reaching for his blade to display it a bit, but he had lost a bit of wind from his sails. "Wow. If you can swing like that, why didn't you become a Paladin or something?"

He took a deep breath but kept marching on with his new friend. "Well, different from where I spent my teens. But I spent my younger years at an Inn not far from here, so we had quite a few festivities as well, though I was normally just cooking for them."

Oath

Ryine chuckled at the thought of a good day for Katrias, every day seemed to be more of the same for her. "Good luck, though maybe you should seek a better hour." He seemed to be perplexed by the mention of paladins. "A paladin, huh? Never really been the kind of guy to follow such a strict path. More into doing what feels right. Normally that still involves helping people at least." As a child he did admire what those warriors of justice did, but as he grew older, Ryine realized that was not the path for him to walk, and he would have to do something that suited him better.

"I see! Now you get the chance to take it all in as a participant instead of a worker. When I first came here, I was pretty surprised at everyone always celebrating, it was a lot different from home."

Bootman

Aion looked a bit shocked and shuffled awkwardly, moving a bit slower. "But I mean... if you could have been a Paladin, why not? Who cares if its strict, you'd be a hero." He couldn't really seem to comprehend Ryine's apathy towards paladins. The warrior eventually walked along, catching up with his new friend, but he'd lost a little pep in his step again. Seemed like the longer they stayed on the topic the more it upset Aion, even if he wasn't saying that.

"Where is your home anyway? I heard you mentioned it to Katrias too. You seem pretty fond of it."

Oath

"Someone important to me once said that you have to find what suits you, rather than change yourself to fit into another role, so I've tried living by those words." Ryine looked a bit downtrodden when his hometown was brought up again. "I wouldn't say that I am particularly fond of it, but its where I grew up, and where I recently had to take care of some personal matters, which led to my disappearance."

Bootman

Aion, quickly realizing that they were just making each other depressed, drew his sword, holding it up. Aion had an odd smile on his face and seemed quite sure of himself. "We may not really know each-other, but there doesn't seem to be many other people here I can relate to... just yet, at least." Then he tapped his sword against Ryine's, making a satisfying ting, elven metal clapping against the best human craftsmanship. "So lets try to go on a mission together sometime soon, okay?