[Jaz Upadhyay] Downtown Apartment

Started by Burdenking, May 29, 2015, 08:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burdenking

[spoiler][/spoiler]

A small apartment, that is a single room. The main part of the room takes up half the volume of the apartment, being a dining room/whatever else it could be used for. Due to a set of fold out stairs, the rest of the apartment was actually about 5 feet off the ground, a bedroom sor tsof place being place above everything else in a small area, a super soft and massive pillow like matress serving as the bed, with blankets and pillows strewn about it's surface. Beneath this bedding area, under a thin flooring, is a small and cramped area where one can prepare food. Of course, it had no counters, and was filled with the necessary appliances such as a fridge, oven, microwave, sink ,and dish washer. The bathroom was across from it, the hall connecting them being the entrance way.

The bathroom is small as well, serving as a more functional thing then anything else. The only comforts for the place was obviously reserved for the large main area and the bedding area. Strewn all over, further cramping the small apartment, were boxes and piles of books of various magical origins, some real but most fake and waiting to be sold off or thrown away.

Burdenking

Within a small apartment, filled with a disorganized mess of books, papers, and alchemical ingredients of variable authenticity, silence prevailed. The near by metro tracks were empty, and the hour was late so the barest of minimum of people walked about the night in the city that never sleeps. The silence was broken though, as the sound of keys being moved and sorted could be heard on the other side of the door that closed the single room apartment off from the rest of the world. After a short time, the door was opened by a young woman, her arms clutching a package a client had accidentally left in her Taxi that day. She had no idea what the package was, but since the customer was likely lost forever, she saw no harm in keeping it.

She entered her humble home and shut the door silently, to not wake her neighbors, and locked the deadbolt, the latch, and the handle's lock on her door to completely secure it for the night so she would at least have warning should someone try to break their way in. Of course, as she walked down the short "hall" towards to main portion of the apartment, multiple runic symbols briefly flashed as they activated for the night, ready to annihilate any assailants who were foolish enough to invade her home. She then went to the small table that took up a good portion of the living room/hallway and opened the package she had found. Within the tan wrappings, she found an old book, various materials, and some odd letter.

[spoiler]To my dear Partner in this endeavor
Within the package is what you will need for the coming war for the holy vessel. I couldn't apprehend a catalyst for you, so we can only pray to our respective lords that the grail smiles down on you and provides you a Servent of great enough power to win you the wish of the Grail. I've made sure to pack everything you need for the ritual, along with some extras should a few attempts somehow prove unprofitable. We can't take any chances, especially after losing our family in the last war to their own arrogance.

Good luck, and God speed

From, your fellow conspirator
[/spoiler]

After finishing the letter, and perusing through the tome that was basically a massive instruction manual for the summoning of a servant, and of how to catch the relic known as "The Holy Grail"s attention. A small smile spread on Jaz's face, as she examined everything and decided if things were provided, she might as well try it.

-2 Weeks Later-

Jaz sat on her chair, staring at the massive runic circle that had dominated her apartment. She had had to move much of her things, such as the fold out stairs that let her climb to her bedding area, but she hopped it would prove worth the effort as she performed the final step of the summoning process. Holding out a small knife, she stood at the edge of the circle and began the final incantation "By the Grail's power, by the power of the great houses who came before, by the power of the gods high above, and by my own power. I, Jasmine Upadhyay, command thee, great spirits of the throne of heroes. Heed my call, come to my aide and lend thy sword, thy bow, they lance, thy cloak and dagger, thy rage, thy magic, or thy steed to my mission. Come to me, and fight as my servant in this War for the holy Grail, for the wish it provides, for the glory of the combat, for the thrill of life once more. Great Heroic spirits I command thee, return to the mortal plane, and give thy selves form!" She said, slashing her hand to have blood fall upon the rune, which sent the magical energy within her blood shoot through the rune, and activating it in a flash of powerful magical light.

As this happened, her hand began to burn, as the command seals for the Archer class appeared on her flesh as if they were a tattoo she had always had, forming to be used later on in the great war to come.

InhumanRonin

*Hearing a call to become someones heroic hero I dart towards the seal. As I am heading through the portal I burst through with a youthful exuberance because once again I will get to feel the thrill of battle as I had once did for my old master Liu Bei. Upon Entering this new and futuristic world I close my eyes stroke my beard a few times and proceed to bow.* I have heard you call and i shall now heed it. You are my Master correct? And if so as An Archer your bow is your's to command. I shall do my best to help use both realize our goal of obtaining the grail.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Burdenking

(Uh, are you gonna post in firs tperson? Cause that's gonna be distracting)

Burdenking

Jaz stood there, looking at the Heroic spirit that stood before her with wide eyes and disbelief. She had done it....She had actually managed to complete the ritual. After spending some time standing still and staring at Archer silently, she then jumped up and let out a celebratory "Yes!" Pumping her fist in the air as she showed her excitement.

"I finally did it! I did real magic! This is great!" She said, dancing a bit then looking at archer as she extended her hand for him to shake "Name's Jaz, What's yours?" She asked, hoping to find out the name of her servant.

InhumanRonin

Huang Zhong looked around the small apartment noticing bedding, texts, and other assorted things scattered about. After finishing scanning the space in with the summoning happened Huang Zhong looked at his new master Jaz and said, "The name is Huang Zhong one of the Five Tigers Generals from the kingdom of Shu Han." Huang Zhong obliges with the hand shake noticing the how young his new master is. "Full of youth and energy I see, if there is anything else you wish to know about me feel free to ask." I say as I flash a friendly smile at her.

GG - Henon     

InhumanRonin

After telling his new master who he was Huang Zhong thought to himself "I should probably found out more about this lass since we will be working together. After a moment Huang Zhong clears his throat and asks his master a few questions. "Jaz you said it your name was? Tell me about about yourself so I can get a better understand of you lassy. I hope you don't mind me call you that from time to time."

GG - Henon     

Burdenking

(What's with the lassy? XD)

Jaz looked to her servant and shrugged "I guess you could, though it's weird being called something new. As for who I am, I'm just some girl who stumble don magic. And man, this newest magic I've found should set me up for life, if the Grail can actually grant any wish I want." She said, stepping back and unfolding on of the chairs that were against the wall, and passing it to her servant, then her hopping onto her own.

"Other then that there isn't much, unless Taxi driving is interesting to you." She said, leaning back in her seat.

InhumanRonin

Huang Zhong thought to himself, "Hm I wonder what she meant by that." Then aloud ask, "Sorry if i caught you off guard with that Jaz was it? What type of magic is it that you seek from the grail? And what types of magic do you currently know?"

GG - Henon     

Burdenking

Jasmine smiled "Well, all the kinds of course. I want to become the greatest, and most powerful mage ever. Of course, I'd only wish for the grail to allow me the potential to learn them all. Defeats the purpose of the journey if you start at the end. As for what I know, I know how to make runes, and that's it." She explained, looking a little embarrassed at her low level of knowledge.