Character Creation

Started by Bootman, May 21, 2015, 12:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bootman

Reach me on Skype: Bootymcboots

So first thing is first! Here are the rules: http://www.d20herosrd.com/
and here is where you make your character: http://www.myth-weavers.com/
For the rest of this, I will assume you are vaguely familiar with character creation and the basic rules. Ask any questions about what I've written here and I will answer them in this topic.

Basics: So now you know whether you are a Servant, Master or both. There are different rules for creating each. However, it all starts with me repeating my Number 1 rule. I don't care if you want to make up an ability or use something perfectly legal, if it is broken (in any sense), I will put a stop on it. If your Master or Servant concepts are faulty with reference to the rest of the in-game universe, I will put a stop on it. I typically don't have to, but this is just for the record.

-Master:
-Power Level 7
-Get the Command Seal ability for free (See later)
-Does not have to be a Mage, but %90 of the time is, so have a good reason if you're not
-Can not be from one of the three great families from the normal Fate series

-Servant:
-Power Level 11
-Get the Spirit Form ability for free
-Can be any real, fictional or mythological character before the start of the 20th century
--CONTACT ME WITH YOUR SERVANT IDEA BEFORE YOU START WORKING ON IT
-Noble Phantasms do not have to be some big flashy move, to be clear. It can be as simple as a powerful item. Keep that in mind before we end up with 7 energy blasts and Reality Marbles.

Forming the Contract: Masters will have the right to choose from the Servants they didn't make which one they want. You are advised to discuss this with the player in control of the Servant first, however. If two or more Masters want the same Servant, then I will ask the Servant's player which they prefer. If they have no preference I will decide randomly. Any left over Servants will be assigned to Masters randomly. Upon forming the contract, the two players will create a topic that will serve as their team's 'home base', which is wherever the Master will be primarily operating from for the course of the war. In that topic they will play out the initial summoning and meeting of Master and Servant together.

Forum Procedure: The Forum topics will consist of locations in the city. This will include at the start, 7 Master bases, 3-5 Leyline locations and the Overseer's HQ (AKA a neutral area). More will be created as the game goes on. The first post in every location topic will begin with a description of the location in italics and nothing else. If you are entering a location from another topic, in some way display in the post which topic you came from.

Information: Almost all information is public to all players, but not to their characters. If you wish to keep an action a secret, clear it with me first. We are, for the most part, trusting all players to separate character knowledge from player knowledge.

Story: Here is an example of how a story moment will happen. Player A and Player B are a team, as are Player X and Player Y. Play A thinks it would be awesome if their team fought somehow, but can't think of an in story reason. He mentions this to Player X, who suggests that he and his teammate could attack Player A at their home base. Player A says that sounds good and they go ahead and do it.

This does NOT mean that every action needs to be cleared with other people. If Player B already knew Player A's location, he could attack if he wanted to. This is collaborative, free form role playing driven by the Mechanics of Mutants and Masterminds. What I will leave you with is that you should use your judgement on what is reasonable. I don't think we need exact rules and strict guidelines. If we can trust everybody to act reasonably, we can craft a story with big, explosive moments that we plan and dramatic moments that one player initiates. I'll include another example of how a situation could play out.

Caster and his Master decide they want to create a huge, dramatic moment. A turning point for the series. They check with the GM to see if their plan is okay, and then get the green light. Caster summons a gigantic sea monster that many Servants would have to unite together to face. That is perfectly viable. Alternatively, it could have been agreed this would be a cool moment by most players and then they did it. Both methods are perfectly valid.

Special:
-Command Seal (Special)

You can impose your will on the Servant, forcing them to obey your commands.  Defending Servants can resist vague or long lasting commands, such as "Win this war" or "Protect me throughout this". Shorter, more concise commands prove much stronger, and can be resisted far less.  You only have three Command Seals to use throughout the entire war.

Command Seals have a second use, the ability to instantly transport a Servant to any location within the city they occupy. This can be used to bring a Servant to you, save them from an oncoming attack, or anything else you could imagine with instant transmission. Servants even less capacity to resist a transportation order, which is saying something considering how defying normal commands is very rare.

-Spirit Form:

You are incorporeal and invisible, largely unaffected by the physical world. You are invisible, insubstantial, can fly and are a much less drain on your Master's mana. You can only enter this form in a non-dangerous situation. For every hour you remain in this form, you can remove one curable condition you currently have.

Barrier* (Remote Senses)
Action: 8 hour preparation
Range: Perception
Duration: Becomes ineffective if not maintained for one hour each day.
Extras:
No Conduit +1
Simultaneous +1 Per Rank
Subtle (Requires magical senses) +1 per rank
Area (Burst) +6 Per rank
8 Points per rank (Only need one rank)

*Barrier is a typical ability of Mages that serves as a sort of magical detection system. If your character is a Mage, it is highly likely they have this ability, but it is not free to take.

Bootman

Masters:

-Linwelin
- Luke Valantine
-Lance
- Marcus Fetch
- Lynnette Caldwell
- Anya Svarinkoff
- Jasmine Upadhyay

Servants:

-LANCER: Jangar Khan
-BERSERKER: King Midas
-CASTER: Auberon
-SABER: Miyamoto Musashi
-ARCHER: Huang Zhong
-RIDER: Blackbeard
-ASSASSIN: Hattori Hanzo

Overseer:
- Kingslayer Queen

You have one week to make your characters. After you make them on Mythweavers, post a link to them as a reply on this forum. Then I will update this topic with links to your characters.  And remember, before you start working on your Servant, message me with your concept.