[Vinny] Pokémon Wishlist: Drilbur

Started by Throndir, January 28, 2015, 11:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteVinny and whoever else Vinny allows to be in the RP. Max 1 other trainer.

DM requested. I'll leave this open for a few days, if no one picks it up, I'll be DMing this myself. Remember there's DM rewards.

Ella

Vinny
It was dark in the cavernous maze, especially since you did not think to bring a flashlight. You were traveling around solely through your hearing and by feeling around you. You could hear dripping of water every now and then and sometimes the cold rock beneath your hands felt damp or even wet. At one point, you realized that you could hear sounds up ahead.

Fellow Rabbit

Vinny Drechsler

Throughout the day, Vinny had made a series of unorthodox decisions in his adventure, ranging from running toward something that seemed dangerous to just simply going where he probably shouldn't with the kind of equipment he had on-hand. Through it all, Vinny eventually found himself deep within a cave, soaking in the deep, black darkness that resulted in his decision to enter without any means to light his way. He couldn't see a thing, and so had spent hours navigating the cave through touch, sound, and pain. In all honesty, he hadn't the slightest clue how to get out of the place, so he just kept going in whatever direction seemed best. In the worst-case scenario, he may be trapped for days or even weeks in this cave of wonder, but with his ability to make the best of any environment, he was sure that wouldn't actually be too bad for him.

Vinny soldiered on, chasing the sound of dripping water whenever he heard it, expecting at some point that the search would ultimately lead him to the unparalleled glory of an underground lake filled with rare Magikarps. Alas, his searches had so far been in vein, but Vinny was under no circumstances going to throw in the towel. He moved as quickly as he could, hitting some body part or other on low-hanging stalagmites and other rocks on more than just one occasion. Nevertheless, he never stopped. The success of his adventure depended on it.

Hours into his underground journey, Vinny was as wired as ever, keeping a keen ear on the cave around him to ensure he would hear in the event that any Magikarp might potentially be flopping around, splashing, or otherwise frolicking in the bowels of the mountain. It was then, in all his deep focus, that he heard a noise. He froze almost instantly for several seconds.

"Kimmel?" he finally spoke aloud, "Ist dieses Sie?" He waited for quite a while before he finally realized that Kimmel wasn't even outside of his Pok? Ball. This was no sound from any Pok?mon he had with him. And that meant that this was perhaps the most promising sound he had heard all day; a sound unlike any sound he had heard since entering the cave. Pok?mon? Maybe even a Magikarp? It was hard to tell, but he knew that he could waste no time in following it. He hastened himself, forgetting that that meant he would probably be hitting more body parts against cave protrusions on the way. He had other things in mind.

// Translation: Ist dieses Sie - Is this you? //

[spoiler=Perception to see if I'm able to hear/see/smell/taste the Pok?mon, I guess.][blockquote]Perception: 2d6-2 : 4, 3 - 2, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Linwelin

The tunnel had been a lot lengthier than he'd expected, so Daniel was intermittently turning his flash light on and off to conserve energy. Finding his way in the dark was tough, but he preferred the tranquility of it, occasionally would sit to the side and close his eyes, taking in the sounds and feel of the cave. It was during one of these moments that he began hearing strange noises among the dripping of water and crumbling of rock. No, maybe some of the new crumbling was FROM these noises. It seemed to be striking the rock face of the cave along the way. Is it a pokemon!? It sounds pretty big...

"Kimmel?...Ist Dieses Sie?"

...Not a pokemon. Daniel sighed, his excitement ebbing away. However, that wasn't the only sound. Scratching on the ground down the way...? Maybe there IS a pokemon!...First, I should probably make sure the man stumbling in the dark is alright. Daniel carefully got up and turned on his flashlight, heading toward the man's voice.

"Is everything alright over there? You in some sort of trouble?" Daniel called out, raising his flashilight's beam toward the voice, then scanning around for the other noise source. There seemed to be some movement on the ground up ahead, but it wasn't clear. He'd look more carefully in a moment.

Daniel confronted the man before him to offer some help, "So, who's this 'Kimmel' you were calling for? Could it be that, by any chance?" He said as he moved his flashlight back over the movement down the tunnel.

[spoiler=Perception to see what's in the tunnel.][blockquote]Perception:  3d6+2 : 6, 4, 6 + 2, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Vinny
The scratching and sounds of movement you had heard previously stopped when you spoke out to Kimmel. Other than the man walking towards you with a flashlight, you do not see, hear, smell, feel, or taste anything different than you have been the last few hours.

Daniel
As you move towards the man, you DO notice movement up ahead. Its as though something were moving to hide after hearing human voices. When you turned back to look in that direction after looking at the man again, you see a little pink nose poking out from behind a rock as though it were sniffing the air.

Linwelin

"Oh?" Daniel said with a smile as he made his way closer to the nose-behind-the-rock. Once he was within 2 meters, he crouched down and opened his bag. Once he had a couple jars of poke-snacks out, he called the creature over. "Hey there. We're not going to harm you or anything, so no need to hide. If anything we could use your help! I'll give you some sweet or sour snacks if you do. What do you say?" He wished he could offer more, but those snacks were the only ones he had on hand. Daniel made a mental note to prepare multiple different flavors at a later date.

As it was, he wasn't sure his flashlight would last for the trip out of the cave. So he hoped the native pokemon were friendly enough to help.

Quote[blockquote]Charm:  2d6+1 : 4, 6 + 1, total 11[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Fellow Rabbit

Vinny Drechsler

Moments after speaking out to Kimmel, Vinny heard noises. Not the noises he heard before, for those had stopped, but other noises. Noises that he feared might be after his Pok?mon! And then there was a light. It grow closer and it grew brighter, and Vinny knew there was little else than one thing this could mean.

He was dead.

No wait, that might be a little too far. He didn't even know what could have killed him. That meant there was only one other possibility! Well, two, if you count the possibility of a Magikarp that could glow in the dark, but how could he be so lucky? No, as exciting as that might have been, the only possibility for this new source of light is that it was another trainer who had thought far enough ahead to bring something to light his way. No doubt they had also heard the scuttling around of whatever creature was lurking in the caves. And they were likely after it, too. That could mean a bit of a problem if there was only one of this Pok?mon ? assuming it was a Pok?mon ? in the caves.

On the other hand, this guy did think to bring a flashlight, and that would definitely make it easier for Vinny to find his way around the cave. A fair compromise, Vinny would have to say. After this encounter and once they got out of the cave, Vinny would either be even with this man or indebted to him, depending on whether or not he caught a Pok?mon. In any case, he had no reason to have even the slightest bit of contempt for this new ally. If all went well, they would both make it out with quite a reward! And on top of that, Vinny wouldn't have to wander around for another eighteen hours to find the exit. Quite a deal indeed.

And then he popped the question. Not the question, of course. That would have made things awkward, no doubt. It was the other question. Yes, this new trainer whom Vinny was thankful to run into had used their very first meeting as an opportunity ask about that which Vinny cared about the most! He had asked about Kimmel.

The Magikarp trainer felt all giddy inside, and by the look on his face, he was visibly excited. He wanted to express his excitement right then and there, but first he wanted to make sure he was ready to reveal the universe's masterpiece.

For a moment, Vinny stumbled to retrieve a Pok? Ball from his pocket. For some reason he didn't bother at this point to separate his empty balls from those with which he had already captured a Pok?mon, so rummaging through them to find his beloved Kimmel was something of an adventure all it's own. In fact, by the time he had actually found the ball he was looking for, the flashlight man had already turned his attention to where the scuffling sound had seemed to come from. No matter to Vinny, of course. This was Kimmel they were talking about!

"You haven't met Kimmel yet?" Vinny blurted out, exclaiming his words at the exact same time the other trainer had begun trying to console whatever noise they had encountered. This didn't seem to faze Vinny however, as he just went on speaking all excited-like. "Oh, zis is wunderbar! Kimmel vould love to meet you!" With a bright grin on his face, Vinny held the ball high up in the air. Then, in a dramatic show of clearly-rehearsed choreography, he tossed the ball a meter or so in front of him.

Following a little bounce and skid into the cave floor, the ball opened, revealing a great blob of red aura that quickly arranged itself to take the form of of the great Fish Pok?mon; Vinny's pride and joy; Kimmel himself.

"Kimmel!" Vinny called out, almost blinded by the sheer awe and majesty before him, "Today is ze day you will shine! You must say 'hallo' to- Err..." It was then that the realization hit him. Vinny hadn't the slightest clue who this man was or really where he even came from. He put a finger up to his lower lip as if trying to remember if he had ever met this man before, but after a moment, he had given up. If he had seen this flashlight man before, there was no way he could remember. He had met a lot of people since making camp on the edge of the academy property, after all.

He turned to the man holding the flashlight, still grinning as widely as ever. "Sorry, Herr. Uh, vhat vas your name again?"
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Linwelin

As the conversation and dramatic introduction continued, Daniel was less and less surprised that this man was lost in a cave with no light source. At this point, he had a feeling 'Kimmel' was not at all what he expected. And, right on queue, the pokemon that was so magnificently described moments before was...a Magickarp. Daniel didn't even know what to think, and thought the best move was simply to remain silent at the release of Kimmel.

"Ah, yes, we haven't introduced ourselves, have we? I'm Daniel Rask." He was glad it came to this, as it gave him a little more time to mentally prepare himself for whatever this man was going to do next. "I'm a pokemon ranger that's ended up traveling the world, and simply passing through. You?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Ella

The creature behind the rock make a distinct sniffing motion, testing the air for what the treats the man had pulled out might be. But then it heard Vinny's speaking and the sounds he made and quickly retreated back so even its nose could not be seen. While Daniel was distracted by Vinny's request for an introduction, he may have noticed his hand become lighter as two treats are quickly removed from his hand. The round black and blue rump of a Drilbur scrambling back behind the rock. The sounds coming from behind the rock sound like there may be at least one other of its kind hiding back there.

Linwelin

Daniel notices his hand get dug through after a moment, and looks to see half the treats he'd taken out were missing. He turned to see the last moment of whatever pokemon it was scurrying back behind the rocks. With a slight chuckle, Daniel motioned to the other trainer to take a seat. He cheerfully calls back out to the pokemon behind the rocks, "There's more food where that came from! No need to be shy. I was wondering if you could help lead us out of this cave?"

He admitted it was somewhat hard to focus and speak with the flapping of the Magikarp on the ground behind him, but that wasn't going to stop him from making a new friend. Maybe even more! As for the trainer, well, he wasn't quite sure what to think yet. The man seemed fairly capable, and was certainly well built, but maybe a little lacking in forethought? Only time would tell what the man was really like.

[spoiler]Going off my past charm roll (I rolled an 11). But if you want me to roll again, I will.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Ella

[spoiler]Roll another charm check if you want to try to raise its disposition again.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler=This is totally gonna fail, but worst case they're neutral :D][blockquote]Charm:  2d6+1 : 4, 3 + 1, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Fellow Rabbit

Vinny Drechsler

Daniel Rask. That was quite a nice name. It rolled off the tongue like giant boulder would roll down a very steep hill as it tumbled and crushed any plants, buildings, and people that dared cross its path. Vinny would be sure to keep that in mind in case he ever considered getting in Daniel's way at any point in the future. He didn't want to get hurt.

But here and now, he knew that we was helping the man rather than getting in his way. Even with his mighty display of his amazing Majestikarp, surely he was only helping him. After all, how could he expect Daniel to work with another fellow human if he didn't even know their name or their Pok?mon? Now that Daniel knew Vinny's team, he shouldn't have any trouble using it to both their advantages. His short introduction had just made them an unstoppable team! Nothing could stand in their way now! Not even Vinny!

It occurred to Vinny that the man had asked him a question, but by the time Vinny had finished reflecting on how much easier he made it for the both of them, Daniel's attention had already been drawn back to whatever that noise was from deeper into the cave. And then Vinny realized just what had happened. It had taken his food! The man had berries out of his pocket and Vinny failed to notice! Now at least one of them had gone away forever into the hands of whatever menace would dare steal them away!

But then, Daniel hardly seemed fazed by it. His resolve was truly staggering, being able to withstand the unlimited emotional anguish the loss of berries must have caused. Vinny would have to learn of this man's ways if he had any hope of surviving such an event in the future. It was only a matter of time before he, himself, fell victim to such an atrocity.

For now, though, the creature would have to pay. He had given up hope of it being a Magikarp by this point, for he knew deep in his heart that no Magikarp would dare make its kind look so despicable by stealing from a fellow living being. Kimmel could probably vouch for that claim, too! No, this had to be some kind of creature Vinny had never seen or heard of before. Some kind of monster that spent the larger part of its life deep within the earth, praying on the berries of any unfortunate human that managed to find itself lost within its labyrinthine cavern. It lived its life in the constant state of conducting terrible misdeeds; war crimes against the rights of life. Its punishment would have to be severe, and Vinny thought he might have the perfect way to ensure it would get just that.

He would make it a part of his team!

Without a word, he reached into his pocket, retrieved an empty Pok? Ball, and threw it into the shadows in the direction Daniel seemed to be facing, hoping that his surely impeccable aiming skills would be spot-on.

[spoiler=Pok? Ball throw][blockquote]Accuracy: 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote][blockquote]Capture Check: 1d100 : 35, total 35[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Ella

Behind the Rock

The Drilbur scuttled back behind the rock after retrieving a rare treat from the strange creature. Although her two smaller companions had moved out of their hiding holes to peer around the rock and watch her, she divided the treats between them instead of scolding them. The creature spoke more as she did this. She sort of understood what it was trying to say, but she was not sure she believed its words. It seemed okay, since it was offering rare treats, and her siblings liked the foodstuffs... so maybe it was okay to believe it? It seemed to be asking for help. Well... As long as she kept her siblings safe, it would be okay. Then, they could take some rare treats to their parents if the creature gave her more!

She was about to tell her siblings to hide properly once again when a ball flew in out of nowhere and hit her youngest sibling. A flash of red came out of the ball when it opened up, covering the smaller Drilbur. When it finally retreated, her sibling was gone! The ball-shaped monstrosity shook a few times as she and her other sibling stared at in stunned silence. After a moment, the ball stopped moving... And her youngest sibling was nowhere to be found.

No!

Freaking out, the Drilbur picked up the ball and tried to pry it open. Failing to dig her claws into the device, she threw it at the wall, hoping that would open it up again. The ball simply hit the wall and rolled along the cave floor. No! No! No! That creature did this, didn't it! How could she be so lax!

Running out from behind the rock, she lunged to attack with her claws.

[spoiler]Target: [blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 3, total 3[/blockquote] with 1 = Daniel, 2 = Kimmel, 3 = Vinny
Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Scratch: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+10 : 1 + 10, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler]Initiative to be Determined

Drilbur 1
Drilbur 2
Drilbur 3 CAUGHT[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Just as Daniel finished speaking, he could hear the sounds of multiple creatures from behind the rocks. Well, they seem fairly docile, there's hope that he can gain their friendship. All is going well-

And then the ball flew out from behind him, landing behind the rocks and letting out a large flash. There were shrieks from whichever creatures had not been drawn into the ball, then a stunned silence from everyone. Daniel looked back enraged at the trainer he'd just met. "What did you do that for!? Don't you understand what that will do? You've ruined the chance of befriending them!" Daniel gritted his teeth. This man is oblivious...does he have Magikarp for brains? For all we know that could turn them hostile.

Right on queue, he heard the battlecry. Daniel quickly switched on his flashlight and called out his own pokemon. "Bolt, use tackle!, quickly!" As much as he hated what had been done, and thought the trainer deserved what was coming to him, letting people and pokemon alike get injured in this cave was unacceptable. The raging pokemon needed to be subdued until it calmed down. They would take the time to talk out errors and misunderstandings. Daniel would make sure of that.

Luckily, the Drilbur missed, with the muscle-head barely sidestepping the assault. This gave Bolt a perfect opportunity to charge in, and he came out of the ball running straight for his target, lunging in for a tackle to push it back from the trainer. At that same moment, Daniel tossed a pokeball of his own in an attempt to catch the rampaging pokemon. He didn't blame it, of course. It was  a well-placed anger.

[spoiler][blockquote]Bolt Tackle:  1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+19 : 5 + 19, total 24[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Pokeball Accuracy:  1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Capture Check:  1d100 : 15, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_