Academy "Wild" Zones

Started by Throndir, December 29, 2014, 11:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"A-alright class... and good morning!" Ms. Firestart hesitantly announced as she pointed to the whiteboard she had at the front of the room. The board display a crude drawing of the Academy, and the lands immediately surrounding it. The actual buildings of the Academy were various rectangles that the teacher had drawn, while the surrounding lands looked like circles or blobs. You swear one of them was even shaped like a Ditto. The teacher breathed in deeply to settle herself, but eventually calmed well enough.

"The Xan Academy has always put in an effort in the practical training. So this will be your first assignment." She proceeded to point towards each of the blobs surrounding the Academy, briefly explaining each one. "There are some artificial environments that the Academy created to house wild Pok?mon. And if you build it they would come! Mind you there's primarily Pok?mon native to our Kanto region, but we've been hard at work finding and relocating others. There's four main areas. We have marshland and forest, a large lake with a beach, grasslands and meadows, and a cave that stretches on. The Academy is hard at work on other areas, but those are still under construction and unfortunately have no Pok?mon. This will be a sort of field trip if you will. You are to capture one Pok?mon and show me your new companion within three hours. Now... the wild Pok?mon around the area is on the sparse side, but I'm sure you will all succeed!"

QuoteChoose a location that you want to explore. Players choosing the same area will be in a party with each other, in the same encounters. More rulings later on once players have chosen.

Locations:
  • Forested marshland
  • Lake with beach
  • Grasslands with meadows
  • Caverns

Lance

"Now this is a test," Aran grinned, as he immediately set off. For if capturing a pokemon was to be his goal, then his destination was already determined.

"To the tall grass!"

[spoiler=Actions]
Heading towards the "grasslands and meadows"
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Burdenking

Oreah looked at her team, then decided that whatever she could catch in the caves would likely help round out her teams typing, so she decided to head off to that location, hoping for a strong pokemon like onyx to grace her with an appearance.

[spoiler]CAVERNS[/spoiler]

kai927

"This aught to be fun!" Myra exclaims, for once dressed in more practical attire for this particular outing. "Plenty of things die in the marshlands. There's got to be a bunch of ghosts there." And with barely contained glee at the thought of encountering the dearly departed, Myra makes a beeline for the marshes.

Throndir

[spoiler]1 = Forested marshland
2 = Lake with beach
3 = Grasslands with meadows
4 = Caverns

Fayleen Ains:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Nena Ains:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Kedric Larns:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Great then! Before you go, take one of these balls with you. It's a specially made Pok? Ball designed for Academy use. They'll work just slightly better than a regular Pok? Ball, but they do come in our neat school colors! Don't forget you have only three hours to bring back your new capture." Ms. Firestart said exuberantly. She then proceeded to hand each student one of the balls.

It was like any other ball, but what you did notice was the distinct yellow and black color scheme of the ball, with the Academy's logo imprinted on it. At the very least it looked stylish.

• Finding a group of Pok?mon would take an hour, since they're well into hiding, and since the fields were recently created, not a lot of Pok?mon have moved in.
  • After the first round, Pok?mon will do their best attempt to escape and run away. If they all get away, without you capturing one, the hour is lost.
  • Players are able to freely position themselves before attempting the encounter.
  • Players can re-choose their expected destination given light to these new rules.
I will go ahead and update everyone's sheet with the new ball, I'll move the story sometime tomorrow.

Throndir

QuoteMyra Colwern (and anyone else to Forested Marshland), to this thread.

Throndir

Kedric Larns

He had dug hole after hole outside the Academy, treating each one as a special task. In fact he considered every hole he had dug to be magnificent and special in their own way. But the idea of a beach intrigued him, and it was then when he realized something one very important thing: he had never dug a hole in the beach.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Kedric's laugh echoed through the halls as he made his way to the oh-so-glorious sand.

Nena Ains

The meadows! Kippy would love that. Nena thought as she nodded in affirmation at their teacher, and accepting the ball that was given to her. She had released Kippy then, patting her on the head as she bent down on her knees.

"The meadows Kippy!" Nena said joyfully. "This time no fetch okay?" She smiled happily, but a moment later she turned towards he sister.

"Are you going to come with me Fay?"

Fayleen Ains

The elder sister went up to Nena, smiling mischievously, she grabbed her by the shoulders.

"How about a race instead? First one to come back with the most Pok?mon wins." She had a grin on her features. "This time around, I want to see you catch something without your very awesome, gracious, majestic, and beautiful sister to help you." She noticed Nena's features start to look slightly bit more sad but she continued without missing a beat.

"Show me what you can do Nenny."

Throndir

QuoteKedric and Garret go to this thread. I'll save the rest for tomorrow/later this week.

Throndir