Trainer Battles (Last refresh: 2/11/16)

Started by Throndir, December 27, 2014, 12:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

We will be having trainer battles inherent in the roleplays with settings. But we'll have this separate one too. This will work similar to the Pok?mon Wishlist thread, but instead of Pok?mon, it will be a random NPC trainer battle.

• Money rewards are given upon successfully beating trainers, as well as Pok?mon exp.
  • If you lose, you lose the money in the wager.
  • Random trainer strength, but with a matching formula for money reward.
  • Players must roll a specified skill check, the highest roller then gets the chance to battle and win against the NPC trainer.
  • Frequency of new trainer battles depends on my schedule, unless someone here wants to GM one. I'll simply provide the trainer and their Pok?mon that will be used, or share the roll tables.
  • Unless otherwise specified assume the current 'round' is still active.
Will be starting soon enough after the holidays.

Throndir

A young boy carrying a net approached you.

QuoteCurrent Trainer battle is against a Bug Catcher.

Wager: $400 on the line.

Roll any social skill if interested. No roleplaying needed in this post (New thread will be created, and there the person chosen can roleplay it out if they wanted). I'll choose who battles against him come Jan 1st.

Mysticsage

charm
[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+4 : 6, 6 + 4, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Grey walks up to the trainer with a cocky smile. His chest was puffed out trying to seem larger then he is with his machop clinging to his leg. "Hey kid mind helping me with a little pokemon battle extra credit?" He flashed his academy badge on his jacket lapel to show he was being serious. He had been wandering the area around the city looking for someone to battle with. He had to do a complete breakdown of his Pokemon in battle for class. So what if it was a league sanctioned battle versus one watched over by the school?

"Ready when you are kid!" 

Lance

[spoiler=Guile]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+12 : 2, 3 + 12, total 17[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

Throndir

QuoteCurrent Trainer is a Camper.

Wager: $400 on the line

Roll Edu: Medicine if interested.

Lance

[spoiler=Edu: Medicine Check]
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+6 : 2, 1, 1 + 6, total 10[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler=Daniel and Bolt, comin' at ya!][blockquote]Edu: Medicine:  2d6+1 : 1, 1 + 1, total 3[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Correction, they are NOT "comin' at ya". Most likely they tripped. Or Bolt is too busy eating all of Dan's food again. They don't have a single thought about medicine at this point.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Burdenking

[spoiler]medicine check[blockquote]Rolled 2d6-2 : 1, 5 - 2, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

[spoiler]medical knowledge
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 1, 3, 5 + 2, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Fellow Rabbit

[spoiler=BEHOLD THE POWER OF VINNY AND HIS MEDICINAL MAGIKARP!] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6-2 : 4, 5 - 2, total 7[/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Fellow Rabbit

[spoiler=Sigon rolls. And rolls. And rolls. And rolls. And...][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 2 + 2, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Throndir

QuoteResolved this. Garret go to this thread.

QuoteNext NPC trainer is a Custom NPC. Wager: $600. If interested please roll an Charm.

Lance

[spoiler=Behold, my charm.]
Aran: [blockquote]Rolled 1d6-1 : 2 - 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]