Pokémon Training & Daily Attempts (Last refresh: 2/24/16)

Started by Throndir, December 23, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Nena trains with Kippy and Minnie.

QuoteNena, Kippy, and Minnie train 1.5 hours, and received 7 exp.
1.25 + 3 = 4.25
1st half hour: 4 exp
2nd half hour: 2 exp
3rd half hour: 1 exp
Total: 7 exp

I've updated your sheet.

No bonus exp, will add when qualifying post is written.

Nena receives:
Bright Powder
+2 to Speed Evasion. Cannot be used by Trainers. $2000

Lance

[spoiler=Training]
Trainer: Aran
Pokemon: Kyuubi

Trainer: The Boulder
Pokemon: Boulder
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

QuoteResolved Aran, and The Boulder. No bonus exp granted.

Aran receives:
$200

Boulder receives:
Heal Powder
Cure all Persistent Status Afflictions ? Repulsive $ 350

Throndir

Nena Ains

The young medic-in-training looked carefully at Kippy, her Vulpix. She looked at her as if concentrating on something, or thinking hard about something in particular. The Vulpix however simply cocked her head as it waited for her master to continue whatever she was doing. Nena continued to stare at her Pok?mon, sitting down on the ground, while quietly making a sort of humming noise.

"Hmmm..." She would continue this for another full minute. She finally sighed as she patted Kippy's head. "Fay told me to train you hard everyday. But... how do I train you, Kippy?" She asked, hoping to get some sort of answer from her Pok?mon. Kippy simply cocked her head again, and began circling around her only to stop and sit back down where she was previously at and looked up at her expectantly. Nena smiled. Her sister had always pushed her to train herself hard, but as she looked at her Vulpix, her first Pok?mon, she couldn't help but simply be happy about having Kippy join in her travels together.

Picking up a nearby stick she waved it to and fro in-front of her Vulpix. Kippy eyed it. A second later, Nena lightly tossed the stick away. Kippy looked at the flying stick, but simply sat where she was. The Vulpix looked back at Nena, staring at her and seemingly unsure of what to do.

"Oh Kippy, you're supposed to bring it back. It's like fetch!" Nena said as she found another nearby stick. "Okay? Let's try again?" With that, she tossed the stick again, slightly closer this time, but just like the first time Kippy eyed the flying stick, but continued to sit still. Once the stick landed on the ground, only did Kippy look back towards her trainer.

"Kippy..." Nena frowned, as she picked up another stick. "Like this." She threw the stick a short distance away again. She seemed to hesitate first, and it was easy to tell that Nena was looking around to see if any of her companions were around, but none were. It was just Nena and her Vulpix. "Okay, watch carefully Kippy..." She whispered. With that, Nena crawled on all fours to the fallen stick. She leaned her face downwards, but hesitated again as she looked towards Kippy. The Vulpix stared back, cocking her head to the side, but didn't react at all like before. Nena sighed, but surprisingly she brought herself to lightly bite on the stick, picking it up, then proceeded to travel back to Kippy with a stick in her mouth. When she was in-front of Kippy, she dropped the stick.

"There!" She said, glancing around to make sure no one saw her. She looked back at her Vulpix as she picked up the same stick - normally this time. She waved it in front of Kippy once again, and threw it in the distance. "Kippy..." She said, her expectations crumbling as her Vulpix did exactly the same as it had done before. Nena had continued this a few more times, each time ending in failure. Finally, she sat back on the ground exhausted as she laid prone on the ground, looking up at the clouds above. She sighed a bit trying to think of what she could do. It was at that moment Kippy appeared in front of her, blocking some of the sky with its head looking down at Nena.

"Kippy?" Nena asked questioningly. A moment later Kippy licked her in the face. Nena giggled.

"We'll ask Fay to help next time." Nena said patting Kippy's head.

Throndir

Zultar

Woosh.

"Boubba!" A thud hit the Tree.

Wooossh.

"Bouuuuubbba!" A stronger, louder thud hit the Tree.

annnd...!

WoooooOOOOOOSSSHHH!"

"BouuuuuuBBBBBAAAAAAAA!" The Tree actually moved hastily for a moment before slowly falling entirely onto the forest ground.

100!

Again, Kram was training his Pokemon. That's what he thought anyways. Other would see it as abuse; especially throwing your Pokemon repeatedly at a Tree like he was doing, a hundred times over perhaps.

Kram loved to be a Trainer, and he loved his Bulbasaur Bulby. He wasn't afraid to show it either during his exercises.

After many repetitions, too much to count, it appeared both Trainer and Pokemon's synergistic efforts payed off;

Bulby could now do sustained Bulba Smash's without being dazed, Kram's self-proclaimed super-move!

To be honest, it had now become a deadly, amazingly practical weapon.

Trainers be wary.

Never know when a flying Bulbasaur might hit you square in the belly!

Finally with certainty, Kram was finished with his training.

Now he set his goals to new sights, new limits. He enjoyed thinking what he might be able to accomplish.

Onlookers could only fear what Kram's bright innocent smile might bring to the table for our protagonist Bulby.

"Alright, I think I got it Bulby-
Tommorow, your gonna breathe fire!"

The severely uneducated Trainer looked to his Bulbasaur with high expectations.

Ella

Miera Fieren

Day 30

I have been with Team Rocket for a month now. The entire force so far seems to be made up of incompetent grunts, with only a few select intelligent figures. I have already written of this before, but since coming here, I have been asked by a grunt to deface the living quarters of one of our senior members. Although I did not join in, I did stick around to see who was stupid enough to do what the guy asked. Several actually volunteered, adding in their own awful ideas to the plan. Later on, another fairly new grunt came up with the terrible idea of stealing Pok?mon from the building which the team uses to house Pok?mon that they give to new recruits who have not yet gained their own. Unlike Team Magma, there is an obvious lack of respect for both higher level members and the team's cause. And it is no wonder, seeing as they seem to accept any idiot who walks in.

Miera set her pen down, reading over what she had written within her journal's pages. She would rewrite it later as an official report to Maxie, who had asked for a monthly report on the activities and internal workings of Team Rocket and immediate reports on anything she felt was important for Team Magma to know as soon as possible. With a sigh, she wondered how long exactly her true leader wanted her to stay here. Would she have to live with the stupidity of this team for years and years?

Closing her journal and making sure to put its lock in place, the girl turned to look at her Pok?mon, who she rarely kept in the Pok?ball. The young Espurr male had seemed to think chasing his own tail was either a fun game or a great way to train his speed. Miera hoped it was the latter of the two, but had the feeling it was the former. At least Vesper would benefit from it regardless. She had been been concentrating on training his speed, and the added dizziness from all the running in circles would help train his balance and ability to recover from confusion quicker. It also kept him from gaining weight, considering the mass amounts of sweets he seemed to glean from other people.

"Vesper, come." Miera told the Espurr. Their moment of peace from Rocket idiots was over. She had a job to do, and that job meant at least being near her fellow "teammates" so she could observe their behaviors.

Looking back to make sure Vesper was following, she found the Pok?mon had made itself more dizzy than she had thought. The small feline had fallen over, but was still kicking his legs to try to follow her order. She was in no rush to return to her observations, so walked back over to Vesper and reached down. Instead of picking him up to carry him like most trainers who cared for their Pok?mon would, she stood him back up. He would not learn or train better if she babied him. It took him a few minutes of stumbling around clumsily before he finally started to regain his composure. Once he was fully in control of himself, he turned and trotted over to her, mewling as though asking her why she did not do something about his previous condition.

"Don't be silly. If I did not let you experience it from start to finish, then I would not be a proper trainer. Now, if you do it again, you will know what to expect and can better control yourself." She bent down to let him climb up her arm and cling to her shoulder. "Now, let's go do our job."

[spoiler=Luck Roll][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteExp granted to Kram and Miera's Starter. Bonus exp granted for roleplaying.

Kram receives:
$400

Miera recieves:
TM 73 - Thunder Wave. $2800

Thunder Wave
Move: Thunder Wave
Type: Electric
Frequency: Scene x2
AC: None
Class: Status
Range: 6, 1 Target
Effect: Thunder Wave cannot miss. Thunder Wave
Paralyzes the target. Targets immune to Electric Attacks
are immune to Thunder Wave?s effects.
Contest Type: Cool
Contest Effect: Excitement

QuoteNew daily round begins! NO free items this round - we have enough potions and pok?balls.

Players who missed the Luck rolling from the last week are still able to roll.

Linwelin

"Bolt..."

Daniel was at a loss for words. He came back into the room he'd been staying in to find his partner's head shoved into a bag of sweets. He wasn't even sure how Bolt had found the treats, as he was pretty sure he'd placed them out of reach. But there they were, on the ground, which Bolt gorging himself on them. The head of his partner had frozen and slowly peeked out from behind the cover of the bag to look back at Daniel's frustrated gaze.

"At this rate, you really are going to get fat, Bolt...then as punishment-!" Daniel stepped forward and Bolt visibly flinched. Dan crouched down and took the bag, with a rather devious smile on his face. "We're going for a run." Bolt relaxed. That didn't seem so bad. Why did he give off such a strange smile?

"...for one hour. If you don't last, I'm going to stop making treats." Daniel appended to his proposition. Bolt cried out in emotional anguish. 'That's not fair!' and 'How could you!' were probably the thoughts that raced through the young Shinx's mind. And so Daniel responded, "Oh but it IS fair, my friend! Your appetite may soon leave me unable to cook or travel, and you unable to move. We can't have that. This is the consequence of your over-eating! And unless you start holding back a little, we'll be doing this hour run EVERY DAY!"

Bolt was quivering where he sat as Daniel began to gather an outfit for running, then headed to the door. "Come on. Or do you want to give up your snack rights without even fighting for them?" With his head hung in defeat, Bolt followed Daniel out the door.

And they ran. And ran. And ran.

[spoiler]1 hour of training[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Garret went to one of the training centers meant for the academy. You could use school credit to rent access to a communal training room biosphere like they used for catching wild pokemon for pretty cheap. This one was special because it had an infinity pool meant to specifically test and strengthen water pokemon. The pool was directly in the center of the room and set to a forest setting. Grey marveled at the kind of technology the academy had just laying around for a good moment before he got started.

Letting Himiko out of her pokeball he let her swim around happily for a moment while Hiro escaped from his pokeball all on his own. She spat water at the timid machop as soon as he appeared causing him to fall back in fright. Himiko always seemed to like to tease his machop that was now clinging to greys leg. Patting him on the head for a moment he went about sending the pair through their usual drills.

[spoiler]luck roll

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteResolved exp for Daniel and Garret. Bonus exp granted.

Garret receives:
Great Ball
-10 Modifier. A better Pok? Ball with no special effects. $400

Throndir

Nena, Fayleen, and Kedric train their Pokemon.

[spoiler]I'll do an RP post later.
Nena will train Minnie and Kippy.[/spoiler]

Burdenking

Oreah trains her pokemon for 1.5 hours, desiring to get Soren an actually useful move soon in order to use him in battle more often.

While Azz and Soren are a little against it, Oreah trains them by having them run along side her as they did laps around the various trees in the area, wanting to increase her pokemon's speed.

Throndir

QuoteResolved training for Nena, Fayleen, Kedric, and Oreah. No bonus exp until qualifying RP post is provided.

Throndir

Fayleen Ains

Three balls went up into the air as the juggler continued to catch them one by one. She had been doing this for the last few minutes while she had her Ralts on her lap, letting it see exactly what she was doing. Fayleen wanted to teach Star, her Ralts, a new trick. Not specifically a move to use in combat, but since she loved to juggle ever since she could remember, instilling that hobby to her Pok?mon can't be so bad. Star was looking intently at the juggling, and even though Fayleen knew her Pok?mon's tiny arms couldn't possibly hold the weight of the Pok? Balls she was juggling, it made her smile to know that little Star was interested.

"Maybe we should develop those arms of your Star. It's actually pretty fun to juggle, you know." Fayleen said quietly. Just then she threw the balls way up high in the air. But instead of falling back down they stood still in the air. Perfectly still they hung in midair without so much as moving.

Star started to struggle then, jumping off her lap and faced her trainer. The balls lowered down gently, and using her telekinetic abilities, Star proceeded to mimic the ball's movements as if they were being juggled.

It wasn't quite juggling, but Fayleen found the show touching. She picked up her Ralts carefully, and as the balls were still mimicking their juggle, placed her Ralts on her lap. She had pulled out a couple of new Pok? Balls then, and with practiced and precised throws, did she loop her own balls in between her Pok?mon's.