Book 1 - Chapter 1: Under the Harvest Moons

Started by Asta, February 09, 2020, 10:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Outside Mayor's House
Present

Rhenri nodded thoughtfully as she listened to Cecilia's explanation. 'Chasing dreams', now that was a lofty thing indeed. Rhenri wasn't sure if she even had anything like a dream, save for surviving each day back in the city. Here in Telan though, idyllic as it were, the would-be-assassin wondered if she would have actually garnered something like a dream.

When they had exited the building, Rhenri had already taken 25 gold coins from the pouch. It was a fairly hefty pull, though Rhenri recalled that every once in awhile her own master would be paid much more hefty sums depending on the job. Still though, for Rhenri, the coins were invaluable. True, it's been easier lately now that she has her own place and could afford her own living in the town, but there was a time when she stumbled into town with nothing to her name. If she could save the money for later, it was probably the wisest choice.

Wordlessly she passed the bag to Scathach, expecting her to take her own share and then towards the rest of the group.

[info]Taking 25 coins, giving the rest of the 75 coins to the party to split.[/info]

pringerbeam

"I see... not very prestigious but I guess a hedge wizard is better than nothing. Perhaps if you show some skill we could discuss your employment as a house wizard for my future estate. You would of course need to get a proper degree but I'm sure that could be arranged." Replied Thedrin to the wizard as he took his share of the offered gold. He looked down at the handful of coins and frowned. It wasn't a large sum, plenty enough to afford good food and lodgings probably but still a paltry amount compared to what his prior life had seen. Of course, his personal purse had been getting quite light as of late so no reason to turn down the money.

"Well, I'm off to the tavern. The start of this quest calls for a proper sendoff and I doubt there will be as many opportunities for wine on the road. I guess we'll be meeting tomorrow morning then." Declared Thedrin as he poured the coins into his purse.