Started by pringerbeam, July 07, 2021, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]2 Actions: Cast Divine Lance on Skeletal Hellknight
[blockquote]divine spell attack 1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]good damage 1d4+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote]
1 Action: Stride behind Alak[/info]

pringerbeam

The ray of light shoots out and pierces through the skull of the skeletal hellknight. It collapses to the floor and a final rasping whisper comes forth from its lipless mouth, the words somehow managing to echo through the halls despite the low volume. "Brothers... I have faiiiiilled..."

[info]Encounter over. Everyone gains 115 xp.[/info]

Throndir

"You failed when you decided to be a creepy undead thing, mister!" Melody said sticking her tongue out at the skeletal remains. She turned towards her companions, eyeing the wounds that most of them received as she began to pull out her healer's tools.

"If it feels like it hurts, come by and let me treat your wounds."

[info]Melody will begin treating wounds of everyone, while telling a story about Sarenrae. If she gets to treat Alak, she'll be sure to state how so really really really] lucky mister Stagram was to have a priestess of Sarenrae around to tend to his wounds.

Spending 10 minutes per person, if time allows, and no interruptions, in this order:

Alak
[blockquote]Medicine, Treat Wounds 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]heal 2d8 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Spira
[blockquote]Medicine, Treat Wounds 1d20+8 : 17 + 8, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]heal 2d8 : 7, 4, total 11[/blockquote]

Riven
[blockquote]Medicine, Treat Wounds 1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]heal 2d8 : 6, 8, total 14[/blockquote]

Belsarus
[blockquote]Medicine, Treat Wounds 1d20+8 : 9 + 8, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]heal 2d8 : 7, 6, total 13[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

Alak unbuckles his breastplate to look at the gash that the skeletal hellknight had dealt to him. Melody's magic had at least stopped the bleeding but a vicious purple bruise still remained and no amount of the salves from her healing kit seemed to do the trick. He poked at the bruise and winced. "Well that was... tough..." He said as he fastened his breastplate back in place. "I had heard that any knights that die in the line of duty that get interred in our keep are protected against necromantic interference but I didn't think it would involve a bit of necromancy of our own. Or that it would be so... aggressive. I assume that this is the work of the cult somehow."

[info]Treat Wounds on Alak fails

Treat Wounds on Spira critically succeeds

Treat Wounds on Belsarus succeeds

Treat Wounds on Riven succeeds

20 minutes until Alak can be treated again[/info]

Throndir

[info]If given time, Melody will treat Alak again.

[blockquote]Critical heal roll for Spira 2d8 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Medicine, Treat Wounds 1d20+8 : 15 + 8, total 23[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info][blockquote]Rolled 2d8 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

The party's short break manages to go uninterrupted and Melody is able to manage a more substantial treatment. In the intervening time everyone is able to get a better look at the hall you're in. The floor and walls are covered with carved writing which indicate a name and two dates for the life span of some member of the order. Displaced panels where the skeleton's had been standing would seem to indicate that these are in fact actually headstones for graves. The hall continues to eat and ends in a wooden door. To the west is an alcove with several large stone sarcophagus and to the south is a small archway that goes into another room only some of which is visible from your current position in the hall.

Asta

"South maybe? I'd hate for something lurking there to sneak up behind us if we head through that other door..." Spira said, nodding to the archway.

pringerbeam

You enter into the next room and find the walls covered with shelves piled high with bones, apparently an ossuary for the less highly ranked of the order. A waist high shelf runs down the middle of the hall covered with the remnants of old burned out candles. Several statues of suits of armor stand at attention between some of the shelves in the gloom of the bone room.

[info]Perceptions requested[/info]

Asta

[info]Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

[info] Perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 6 + 7, total 13[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

[info]perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 19 + 5, total 24[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Initiative
[blockquote]Perception 1d20+8 : 9 + 8, total 17[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

The room at first seems otherwise unremarkable until Riven, able to see more clearly in the gloom than the others, notices the helmets of the statues appear to be made not of stone but black painted metal. The shadows within the helmet's eye slits seem to flicker and writhe with some animated force. Whatever the helmets are, they are clearly animated with some kind of magic.

Mysticsage

"Be careful everyone," Riven hissed as he checked he ran a hand across his chest to check that his wounds were shallow and glancing around the room.

"Something about this room feels off to me. The armor in this space feels strange, like it's watching our movements or watching us," he whispered as he raised his other hand to draw the group's attention to the various helms.

"I can feel my hair is on end in a similar way when there is someone throwing magic around. There may be traps or some kind of mechanism that we need to look out for."

Turning to Alak, "Do you know any significance the armor has?"