Chapter 2.1 - A Request for Aid

Started by pringerbeam, December 17, 2020, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

The lumberjack was clearly relieved by the news and visibly relaxed. "That's good to hear. We can sleep at peace tonight. If you want, you're welcome to take a bunk and something to eat for the night as a little show of gratitude from us. We're going to need to head back to town tomorrow to get some more men and to replace some of our equipment but if you have to get back to town tonight we'll understand."

Asta

"I don't think we're in a rush. Anyone opposed to accepting their hospitality?" Spira asked, turning to the group.

pringerbeam

Accepting the lumberjacks hospitality, you're treated to a hearty venison stew with a side of crusty bread and decent (if a bit stale) beer, the lumberjacks having gone all out with the meal with the plans to get more supplies with the trip back into town. The rest of the night passes without incident. In the morning, after a breakfast of dried meat and porridge, the lumberjacks are ready to head back into town.
     Having made the trip many times and being familiar with the route, the lumberjacks lead the way and you make good time back to town. Entering through the southern gates, you find yourself conveniently close to the lumber mill. Narine is outside directing a cart of logs being hauled by a team of draft horses when she spots your party. She hands her work off to a nearby worker before approaching you. "You're back! How did things go? What was going on at the camp?"

Throndir

"This really really really huuuuuuge flower was turning the lumberjacks into its evil minions. But we've taken care of it!" Melody announced with a bright smile.

pringerbeam

"A giant flower huh?" The overseer looked intrigued but also somewhat relieved. "I've heard of stranger things I guess. The forest can be a dangerous place. Some of the rangers that pass through town have told tales of beasts more cunning and dangerous than a flower. I'm just glad you've taken care of it and that it wasn't something more dangerous." Narine reached to a small pouch of coins at her belt and passes it to you. "Here's your reward. I've got some work to do getting together new equipment and supplies for the camp and seeing to anyone that lost family members. Take care and if you find yourselves in need of any solid lumber or carpenters I'll see about getting you a discount."

[info]The group gains 10 gp.

Everyone gains a 10% discount on any services provided by Breech Creek Lumber (cumulative with Heroes Discount)[/info]

pringerbeam

With your business finished, Narine went back to her work. Helba also bids you farewell, apparently eager to go see what Alak had provided her tribe for food, and quickly rides off on the back of her "dog."

[info]To be continued in Chapter 03

If there is anything else you would like to do with your day, let me know and we can either continue it in this thread or spawn a side thread as appropriate.[/info]