Chapter 2.1 - A Request for Aid

Started by pringerbeam, December 17, 2020, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"My name is Melody, I'm a cleric of Sarenrae!" The halfling said cheerily as she shook hands with Jo'Daven. She was a bit more eager than normal due to being called 'fair', and her bright smile had grew even wider. After a brief moment, she then began to point at each of her companions behind her.

"The other halfling behind me is mister Bel." She said, pointing towards Belsarus Fleetfoot.

"The big one is mister Riven." She said pointed towards the half-orc. "Half of him is part evil, but he's really not too bad! He even saved a bunch of the townsfolk with me!"

"And the other lady with us is named miss Spira. She has things that go boom and she's really, really, really, awfully smart!"

"We had two others come tag along with us too, one of the town guards, and this absolutely evil knight, but they had their own business afterward..." Melody continued, ignoring the fact that it was probably more information than what was needed in the situation. Her excitement about going adventuring and being able to write in her holy book The Birth of Light and Truth about her own future adventures was still fresh in her mind.

"I hope we all can get along."

frogman210

"It's good to meet you all. There is still quite a few hours of daylight left if you would like to get on our way."

Jo'Davan checks to quickly make sure he had everything. Looking at Melody again he said, "seems I have everything in order, after you." As he motioned towards the door.

Rolling Insight check to see if this cheery excitement appears honest or if it is an act.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

[info] Perception: judge intentions
     The halfling appears to be completely genuine in their intentions. [/info]

frogman210

Quote from: pringerbeam on February 03, 2021, 11:38:28 AM
[info] Perception: judge intentions
     The halfling appears to be completely genuine in their intentions. [/info]

While Jo'Davan has had a fairly difficult life to this point in time he sees no reason not to trust this group, and especially Melody. He has decided that he will go along with and help this group, if for nothing more than to learn more about this enchanting halfling called Melody... As he suspects fate to have brought them all together for what purposes he hopes to learn one day soon...

pringerbeam

Your guide now with you, you take your leave of the store before its proprietor Twiddleton could attempt to sell you more goods. It's not long after you start making your way to one of the town gates that you hear a familiar voice. "Heroes!" You turn to see Helba,  riding one of the goblin dogs from the keep, loping down the street. Townsfolk dodge out of the way as mount zigged and zagged across the cobblestones. The goblin is wearing the same rudimentary leather armor you last saw her in but appears to have managed to arm themselves with a jagged dog slicer and a crude shortbow. Their mount halts before you with a yank on a bridle that looks to be made from scavenged rope and linen. "Hi Heroes! Helba is here to help!"

Asta

"Well look at that." Spira commented, keeping a wide berth of the hairless and mangy "dog". "Hello Helba, you seem well."

frogman210

Jo'Davan steps back a bit and pays close attention to how this interaction plays out

pringerbeam

"Yes very good! Much better after getting to eat some meat!" Replied the goblin as she reined in their mount which was curiously attempting to sniff at each of you. "The lizard was so yummy! And then earlier today mister hellknight came and said he'd let us eat anything he killed as long as one of us came and carried your stuff! So I got Scruff and came to help!"

Asta

"Ah, well that was nice of him, and you. We are uhhh... what is it we're doing again? Looking into trouble at some logging camp?"

pringerbeam

"Helba can help! Helba is ready to go!" Responds the goblin cheerfully.

With your preparations complete you head for the Crimson Tide Wood, following one of the simple dirt roads leading out of the town. It doesn't take long though for the wide road to narrow, crowded in by trees and shrubs. The well trodden road quickly becomes two worn ruts for cart wheels with tall grass in between. Between the overgrowth of the path and the game trails leading in different directions, you find yourselves struggling to stay on track, even with the help of the logging map.

[info]Make a Survival check to Sense Direction with a +2 item bonus for having a map.[/info]

frogman210

1d 20 + 8

Jo'Daven appears to be a bit apprehensive.. as he contemplates the fact that this is indeed what he was brought in for. After a moment of quiet he takes a deep breath and... Here goes nothing he sighs...

Rolling a survival check to know what paths to follow

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 16 + 8, total 24[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

[info]Survival: 24
     Based on the map and and the condition of the paths it looks like you've managed to stay on track. It has taken you a little longer to make progress than you initially thought but you should make it to the camp shortly before nightfall.[/info]

You stay on the logging trail and, judging from the logging map, are maybe an hour away when you think you hear something in the undergrowth along the sides of the trail. With a rustling of branches and rasping breath creatures burst forth. They appear human and are dressed in the clothes of workmen but with a vacant stare and flesh that appears contorted by ropy lumps running just beneath their skin. The creatures make straight for you.

[info]Initiative (Perception)[/info]

Asta

[info]Initiative (Perception): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 16 + 3, total 19[/blockquote][/info]

frogman210

Perception (initiative Roll)

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 11 + 8, total 19[/blockquote]

Jo'Daven raises his hands facing the creatures. Looking back towards the rest of the party he says "I guess this is where the fun really starts eh?"

Oath

[info] Initiative (perception) [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 2 + 8, total 10[/blockquote]
[/info]