Chapter 2.1 - A Request for Aid

Started by pringerbeam, December 17, 2020, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

Paying the altar only minimal attention, Spira heads to the bar to ask around for a guide.

"Excuse me barkeep. Do you happen to know of anyone in the area that could provide services as a guide for the local forest?"

pringerbeam

"Ah, you must be the Heroes that're the talk of the town." Said the barkeep in reply. She set both hands down on the bar. "I think I know of one. They came through town a few days ago. Halfling, didn't seem the typical ranger but they sure seemed to know how to survive. Said they were passing through on their way north from Cheliax. I think they were doing some hunting to trade for supplies. I'd try the general store: Quarters and Bits. They'll probably try to sell their pelts there."

Asta

"I see, thank you." Spira replied before turning to the rest of the group. "To the general store then? Maybe we can find this ranger before they are finished with their business there."

Throndir

Melody nodded towards Spira. It was always a treat getting to know other halflings such as herself, so after tearing her attention away from the shrine to Cayden Cailean, she began to head out the door.

"Let's goooo...!" The priestess of Sarenrae declared.

pringerbeam

You make your way to the mentioned general store. Goods and sundries of all kinds line the shelves but off in the back corner there appear to be weapons and armor and some more specialized tools of the adventuring trade. A halfling sitting betting the counter jumps up with an excited look at your party's entrance. "Ah! The talk of the town! Heroes of the call!" He says as he sweeps across the room towards you. "Up to some adventuring I bet! Well welcome to Quarters and Bits the best store in town for your every need. We have all kinds of supplies for any intrepid hero. From thunderstones to elixirs, we have a little of everything. Need a new sword? I have the best smithy in town." He points to the weapon and armor racks in the back corner. "Of course if you don't see anything to your fancy we can set you up with a custom job. My people are the best, like I said. So can I interest you in a bundle of sunrods? Best way to illuminate a dark dungeon. All at a discount for you of course."

Asta

"Ah."

Spira was caught somewhat off guard by the halfling's sales pitch, and took a second to re-collect her thoughts.

"Actually, we are looking for a ranger that has been coming here recently to sell pelts. We need their services as a guide.

pringerbeam

"A ranger? Hmmm..." The halfling pondered. "Well there was a haling that came through here yesterday about the same time as now. Asked if I would buy pelts and hides if they brought them in. Of course we do, and let me tell you if you find yourself anything in your adventures we're more than happy to take it off your hands here at Quarters and Bits. Anyways, he said he'd be back here today with something to sell. I'm sure he'll be around soon. In the meantime can I interest you in some vials of antiplague don't want a case of ghoul fever to ruin your adventures now do we?" At this moment the door behind you opens and a halfling enters.

frogman210

As Jo'Daven walks into the room he looks around and notices that the Quarters and Bits seem much busier than it was the previous day. Looking around slowly he makes his way cautiously to the counter. Looking the owner directly in their eyes he slaps down a few hides to the counter and asks "How much can you give me for these 3 hides?"

pringerbeam

The store's proprietor took a look at the hides. "Hmmm... Not bad, hardly any excess cuts or punctures... uncured though. I can give you a silver piece each." He looked at the others. "Ah right, these fine adventurers were looking for you. I believe they said they needed a guide? How's about you all get acquainted? Would you like a bottle of dwarven bubbling elixir to celebrate, share, and commemorate the occasion? Old Crink Twiddleton here loves to to help a party of intrepid heroes make the best memories of their greatest achievements and dare I say, this is a momentous occasion! The completion of the heroes of Breachill! The day you all joined forces! Maybe a souvenir of some kind for each of you? Matching belt buckles? Perhaps commissioning a tapestry for when you find that legendary deed to Citadel Altarein? You'll surely need something to let the whole world know your deeds!"

frogman210

Jo'Daven considers the offer for a moment before agreeing, "That price sounds reasonable." He then shifts his attention to the group of adventurers in the room. After looking them up and down for a few moments he says. "My name is Jo'Daven, was there something I can help you with?"

Roling perception to see what I notice about the party that is standing before me. Just want to see if I noticed anything of particular interest or not.
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+6 : 14 + 6, total 20

Throndir

"We're about to go on a grand adventure for the foreman!" Melody said, proceeding to smile brightly as she took a step towards the other halfling. "We're to head to a lodge and find out why no one's heard from them. We might even be able to save people! But the foreman told us we might get lost along the way, but luckily the goddess lead us to you! And I really, really, really think you're the right person for the job!"

Melody cupped her hands in front of her in an almost pleading gesture. Her face was feigning a frown, though her eyes shone brightly in excitement.

"Mister Daven, would you please guide us through the forest?" Melody asked pointedly, drawing herself closer to the other halfling. Her hazel eyes stared into Jo'Daven's with a hint of determination.

"We halflings have to stick together!"

[info]Make an Impression
[blockquote]Diplomacy 1d20+6 : 18 + 6, total 24[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

Jo'Daven

The store proprietor passed a trio of silver pieces across the counter as you looked over the party.

[info]Jo'Daven gains 3 sp[/info]
[info]Perception
     The party is composed of the halfling that spoke to you, a large and brawny half-orc, a human carrying a variety of vials, and another halfling hanging back behind the group. The party is somewhat peculiar. They appear only lightly armed, even the large half-orc clad in armor lacks any obvious weapons. The most armed of them appears to be the halfling in the rear who appears to have several weapons though none of them heavier than a sword by the looks of it. [/info]
[info] Diplomacy
     The halfling seems to be quite sincere with her words. You feel as if they are honest folk trying to do the right thing. You don't feel they are trying to you in any way. [/info]

frogman210

After looking over the group Jo'Daven asks "Are you well enough armed for such a venture? It seems that you are not properly geared for this kind of venture. I may not know much about your group, but I like the determination and confidence that you exude." As he points at Melody.

"If you believe that you are prepared then I see no reason why I couldn't offer you my assistance."

turning to the rest of the party he asks "When would you all like to head out?"

Throndir

The halfling priestess glanced behind her towards the other briefly but turned back towards Jo'Daven almost immediately.

"As soon as possible!"

frogman210

Jo'Daven takes a step closer to the halfling that appears to be in charge and says quietly "Do you have a map or could you show me the general location that you need to get to?"

He looks out the window and determines that it is... (What time?)

Note to DM Asking what time of day or evening it is?

Looking back to the halfling he asks "What are you called fair halfling?"  Reaching out to shake her hand he says "they call me Jo'Daven."

Note - Trying to mess with the formatting to make it look more similar to the other posts. I just tried the wrong quote tags.