Chapter 01 - The Call for Heroes

Started by pringerbeam, April 15, 2020, 08:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

4:00 Breachill Guard House

You all meet up at the guard house to find an impromptu office set up in front.  Piles of smoke tinged documents and ledgers are piled up and being sorted through by a few clerks while Greta sits at an improvised desk made out of overturned crates.  She waves you over to her and sets down the set of spectacles she was using to aid her reading.  "Ah, that wasn't too long. Here..."  She reached behind the crates and pulled out a pair of vials which she offers to you.  "For helping with the fire. If you hadn't helped us, even more people would have died.  Also, on that same topic, Calmont was spotted leaving the town by the guards at the east gate heading northeast from there.  There is only one thing in that direction: Hellknight Hill.  I don't know what he was thinking summoning that creature or why he's headed for Citadel Altarerein but he needs to be brought to justice.  If you are willing, we would offer you ten gold pieces to bring him in.  We also would like a guard to go with you to help with his capture."  She said before shouting back down the entrance of the guard house.  "Vondur!  They're here!"

[info]Party gains 2 Minor Healing Potions

Vondur Bloodrider arrives[/info]

Kerrick

Vondur snaps the last claps for his armor "here we go with this now " he walks down the hall and into the office "alright I'm here shall we"

Kerrick

Vondur looks up "oh right I'm Vondur looks like I'll be assisting you on this venture up to hellknight hill."

Mysticsage

"A pleasure to meet you, Vondour, I'm Riven."  the half-orc said with a smile glad to have some support from the town on this. "What can you tell us about the citadel?" He asked looking between the pair.

"I gathered some rumors about the place, how it was mostly looted, but the deed is still missing? Are all the traps gone from the various adventurers and from the bumblebashers or do we still need to be careful? And what exactly is this hellknight order anyway?"

Kerrick

Vondur shrugs "I know the way that much is for sure but as for what will be there I do not know" [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

[info]Society Check: 19
     See previous entry for results of 16[/info]

pringerbeam

The council president looked up from the papers she was sifting through and shrugged.  "It's been years since anyone went up there and there haven't been any actual Hellknights around since I was still a small child. I never heard of any traps or defenses other than it being a fortress full of knights that took law and order very seriously.  They say the only way to become a Hellknight is to kill a devil in one on one combat.  Not really the kinds of folk that need traps to scare off intruders.  As for the deed I'm not even sure if the rumor about it is even true.  No one ever found it or much of anything really.  The Order of the Nail probably took anything worth any real coin with them when they left.  I think the rumor about the deed was just started by wishful thinkers disappointed by an abandoned keep. If anyone actually knows anything about the keep it would probably be the Bumblebrashers. They live there after all and as far as I know are the only ones that have been in the keep for the better part of a decade."

Asta

"I would assume if we have any further questions about the layout of the fort or traps contained within, our goblin patrons would be able to elucidate. We should get a move on, before we lose the sun." Spira said, fanning her sweating face with a hand.

pringerbeam

"Yes it would seem that way.  Good luck to you all.  I hope you are able to help the Bumblebrashers with their problem.  Do be patient with them please.  While they have never made any problems for anyone from town they are still goblins after all so they might be a bit... eccentric."  She then bids you farewell and as you take your leave returns her spectacles to her face and resumes her work going through the papers.

[info]Continue on in Chapter 02 - Into the Keep[/info]