[Jean] Chapter 17: Back to Mt. Velothia

Started by pringerbeam, August 09, 2019, 02:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Mt. Velothia Peaks - The Elder's Nest
Day 10 (Jean), Day 12 (Rosalie) - Time: Morning

You heard her voice then, though her mouth didn't move at all.

Because of last night... We too are connected... However... If it would be fine with you, I'd like to pretend we didn't go so far as to have made a contract... Being the last remaining elder of my race, I'm required to take the sort of responsibilities that wouldn't allow me to form.... bonds... with others so easily. The elder smiled back at you, though there was a slight somberness to them.

Alyona is still much too young to understand the importance of a knight is to a dragon such as us, and how special contracts are...

Her next words she spoke aloud as she gently brushed Alyona's hair before the young dragon could hop off the bed and join you.

"Young Alyona, perhaps if ever the two of you need more lessons, I can always be accommodating." The elder said as Alyona blinked her eyes in confusion but eventually hopped off.

"Okay mom..." Alyona mumbled. The younger dragon eventually made her way to you though, and then clutched to the side of your shirt.

"Take care then, you two."

pringerbeam

Jean felt the elder's thoughts and the emotional tinge to them.  Maybe that should change too...  He thought back to her.  Or maybe there can be an exception for heroes?  I've already somehow managed to accumulate a small harem of wives and concubines.  Your beauty would be welcome among princesses and priestesses.  He thought with a bit of humor.  For now though we both have roles to play...  I'll keep Alona safe.  He finished as Alyona attached herself to the hem of his robe.

After exiting the bedroom and making it to the cave entrance Jena looked down to Alyona.  "So...  I guess we need to get back to the camp.  Ready for our first flight?"

Throndir

You felt a warm pleasant laughter feeling from the elder.

[info]Roll diplomacy for Make Request, you can roll normally, I'll apply any modifiers due to relationship/situation separately.[/info]

Alyona was visibly excited as the morning rays greeted everyone.

"Umm.... Y-yes...!" Alyona eventually said, transforming herself into a dragon. Next, she looked towards you.

Ummmm... Hi...? Does this work? Helloooooooo! You heard Alyona's voice in your head, much like how it was for the elder earlier. Alyona lowered herself for you to easily hop on her back.

pringerbeam

[info]Diplomacy[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 13 + 10, total 23[/blockquote][/info]

I...  think so? Can you hear me too?  Jean responded, trying to project his thoughts back to Alyona as he stepped onto her haunch to help fling himself onto her back at the base of her neck.   Let's see...  First stop: the wind temple!  We need to get everyone else.

Throndir

Well then... Alright. The elder agreed. I suppose it wouldn't affect much my duties... If the world is saved, then be sure to include my among your princesses. Vasillisa teased.

Mt. Velothia Peaks - Towards the Wind Temple

Oh I can hear you, this is really cool! Alyona said. You also felt a giddiness through that link coming from her. Just from that, you could tell that she was excited.

The two of you lifted off. The first thing you noticed was that it was a pleasant ride. When before where you would hook on to Alyona's claws. Being seated on her back seemed to prevent wind from hitting you. In fact, it was similar to getting a ride in a covered vehicle even though you were certain there should have been some sort of wind pressure.

Throughout that, Alyona kept up her excited feelings, she had even attempted various loops in the air and twirls, but for whatever reason, whatever protection you had while seated on her back seemed to still apply, and though you noted the movements, you stayed on fairly easily. You felt as if you could even completely let go, and would still be on her back.

Oh , and I think... we can share our skills too...? Umm... I don't know how it works though.

Mt. Velothia Peaks - Wind Temple - Dalina's Home

When you entered the space of the Wind Temple, a couple of other priest riders came to greet you, but seeing your robes, and realizing who you were, they simply parted ways. Soon enough, you made your way towards Dalina's home. Anja was already up, already preparing some food with their outdoor kitchenette. Your sharp eyes picked up Gust, who seemed to be sitting in a basket-bed that Anja carried around. You noticed that Lili or Dalina wasn't among them however.

pringerbeam

Hmmm...  That would be useful...  Maybe we could share some of our dexterity?  It is useful if we get in a fight to be able to avoid an enemy's attack.

[info]Attempt to share Acrobatics skill between Jean and Alyona[/info]

As they let down by the fire Jean summoned up some tentacles to help Anja move around again.  "Hey Anja! Meet our newest party member: Alyona.  She's a dragon and I think she's close to your age in some ways so be sure to be a good big sister to her okay?  Where's Dalina and Lili?"

Throndir

[info]How it works, is when you attempt a skill check, or if Alyona attempts a skill check, either one of you can use the total modifier of the contracted companion. For example, if Alyona has a +14 to Fly, you can make use of that on Jean, likewise, if Jean as +14 to Diplomacy, Alyona would be able to use that. It can be flavored whichever way, eg channeling the other person, or perhaps it's being guided by the other person through the link shared.

Since you're a mid-level hero now, most of the time it's Alyona who would be benefiting, but there could be some things Alyona is better at.[/info]

"Umm.... umm... yes! I saw you for a bit when you were fighting the demons with Rosalie. Mom told me before that there are others who can form bonds like this too, not just us dragons... Like she said the birds the Wind Priests have work similarly. I think there are others too...?"

[info]Color change for some characters.[/info]
"Jean! W-whoa!" Anja exclaimed as teh tentacles appeared from under her. At this she let out a grin, and like before started to whirl around. "I missed this... I wish it was permanent."

When the dragon landed, Anja focused her attention back on the two of you. "And... a dragon..." Anja said, blinking as the dragon with you descended. Alyona quickly transformed back into her human form.

"Umm.... hi..." Alyona said awkwardly, waving one of her arms in a gesture of greeting.

"Hello. Aren't you a bit young to be a dragon?" Anja asked bluntly.

"Nooooo. Umm... I'm probably older than you."

Anja was about to respond back but thought better of it. Instead she turned towards you.

"Jean, I want to see lady Renen... Renenenut... Ren!" She stated. "These tentacles remind me of her... I want to see the dwarven kingdom too. Lili was telling us all about it last night. It's hard to understand her sometimes, but it sounds really amazing." She paused as she noticed she was getting just a bit too excited. "Lili said they might be able to make... a... umm... I forget what she called it. But it's a thing where it helps me move? Since you and Dalina left for the village to the north, the other priests here avoid it, but... I get the feeling they're trying to avoid telling me I can no longer walk. Marina has been stopping by too... More so than usual. It's weird, since the Keeper of the Temple used to not really interact with much of anyone else."

"Yo hero! With that snazzy robe." A familiar voice spoke out from somewhere behind you. It was Marina who seemed to appear out of no where, the grin on her face seemingly in good spirits. Alyona had nearly jumped, though Anja simply gave her a flat stare.

"I thought you're keeping that a secret." Anja said in a monotone voice. Marina simply shrugged as she turned her attention to Alyona.

Marina bent down slightly to better face Alyona and ruffled her hair a bit, which seemed to annoy the young dragon. "It looks like Jean has his hands on another one. I'm Marina, the Keeper of this temple."

The dungeon core turned towards you. "Anyways Jean. Dalina and Lili took Viridio with them. They were headed down to the dragonknight camp earlier. You just missed them."

"It figures you could hear everything too..." Anja said in an almost accusing tone. Marina didn't press the issue, though her eyes did sparkle some-what.

"I need to talk to you soon, too, Jean. But you can stop by whenever, and just call my name whenever you're on the island." Marina said quietly.

pringerbeam

"They didn't take Gust?  Is he still too injured to fly?  That might put a wrinkle in my plans...  I don't know how many people Viridio can carry."  Asked Jean as he noticed the bird in Anja's basket. 

"Oh yeah Marina, maybe we're can talk later?  For now I need to talk to some people so they can make preparations to set off.  I'll drop back for a chat when we need to come back and get Anja's stuff."

Throndir

"Gust is still injured, so sis didn't want to open any of his wounds." Anja explained.

"No worries!" Marina replied to you. "The two girls have mostly everything packed already, but I can be here when you come back again."

"You ate yet, Jean?" Anja asked as she finished cooking the hashed tubers she was cooking. Alyona, who had been fairly quiet for most of the time, had been staring at the food hungrily, which was fairly evident to Anja.

"And..." Anja paused trying to remember the dragon's name.

"Alyona."

"Yes... Alyona, you can have some, too." Anja said, setting aside one of the plates, and putting some of the food on it. Although it was a simple dish, it did look pretty good.

pringerbeam

"Oh....  No I haven't."  Said Jean as he looked at the breakfast.  His stomach growled its suggestion that he eat so he sat down next to the fire and began helping himself to the meal.  "Come on Alyona, we have a busy day ahead so we should take the opportunity to eat."  He said as he started to help himself to the food.  "Anja is a pretty good cook.  Oh and she's my apprentice so technically that makes her your senior."  He said through a mouth half full of food.  "You two are kinda the same age though if you adjust for your lifespans...  at least I think so anyways."  Continued Jean as he finished his plate off. "So you should get along with each other.  You're going to be spending a lot of time together, especially if you don't want to sit through all the meetings and stuff. It seems like more and more of my job as a hero winds up being less adventuring every day.  I know I wouldn't have wanted to spend my days sitting around like that when I was your age."

Jean stood up, finished with his meal.  "Okay, time to get rolling.  We need to find Dalina and Lili, talk to Karn, and talk to the Idoran Mage around here.  Hopefully we can get going back to Drugan soon.  I don't want to get caught out by the storms in the dark"

Throndir

"Oh... my senior..." Alyona said staring hard at Anja.

"Y-yes... a senior. You have to call me lady Anja then, okay?" Anja said, a slight smug-look on her face. It took a moment, but Alyona eventually responded as she began to eat the food that was offered to her.

"Umm... Okay lady Anja."

The look of victory was plainly apparent on Anja as the three of you quickly finished the food. Marina, having no reason to really eat, eventually disappeared. And once the last morsel was eaten up, Alyona transformed into a dragon.

"Okay umm... hop on?" Alyona said, turning towards you. Alyona then glanced at Anja and the tentacle chair she was riding in. "Maybe I can... Carry the tentacles?"

The moment Alyona had mentioned that, the tentacles, by themselves without any input from you, began form up into almost like a secure seat, with a covered canopy on top. The tentacles had that metallic sheen to them as well, so even though it did indeed look quite fleshy, you knew it was tough. The tentacles wrapped themselves around Anja's waist tightly as well.  The young priest looked surprised, but eventually just accepted it, thinking perhaps you were the one who initiated it.

"It's like a one-seater carriage? This is pretty neat Jean."

[info]Feel free to state destination, or simply write-out where you're going to next.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Okay, lets see here..."  Said Jean as they took off.  "Lets stop at Karn's first.  I told him before that I wasn't taking him back with us so he probably isn't ready to leave."

Moments later they landed in front of Karn's house and Jean burst through the door.  "Hey Karn?  Know how I said you would need to wait to go visit the dwarves?  Well things changed and we need you there earlier than expected."  He shouted through the doorway.  "Gather up what you think you're going to need to bring with you.  We'll pick you up when we're ready to go.  Gotta go, lots to do, need to leave before nightfall!"  He shouted again before turning to hop back on Alyona.  "Okay, lets find Dalina and Lili."  He said as he hopped back on Alyona.

After gathering up the rest of his companions Jean followed Alyona's directions to go find the Idoran Mage that Vasilissa had talked about.

Throndir

Mt. Velothia - Refugee Camp - Karn's Home

When you made it to Karn's makeshift home, you immediately noticed Viridio, who was in her large fiery form perched on the roof of Karn's home. You had also noticed that Karn's home seems to have quadrupled in size. Before it was a single room, but now, it looked like an actual home. You noted that a section of it was completely enclosed in metal. That was likely where Karn's new vault was. With Viridio's presence here, more than likely Dalina and Lili were here as well.

The door was open to the home, but beside the door, leaned against the wall, was one of the other heroes companions. It was Alyona's elder sister, Valeriya. From what you knew, it seemed like the dragons considered themselves as one big family, though Alyona seemed to have had a stronger bond with this particular one than the rest.

"Oh sister..." Alyona began. But Valeriya simply waved her hand dismissively.

"Yo. Other hero. Figured you'd show up here eventually."

From within the house, you could hear Lili's voice, your sharp ears since becoming a hero easily able to pick up the conversation beyond. "Aye... This wid be th' best steid tae mak' th' tunnel entrance. Dae that magic o' yers, 'n' a tunnel shuid be easily made. " They seemed to be talking about the plans to dig the dwarves out. Something you had discussed with Captain Charles and Lili the day before around dinner time.

As for Valeriya, she seemed to stare at you, in a way that made you think she was sizing you up.

Mt. Velothia - Training Camp

You made your way towards the training area of the knights. There was a particular group casting spells, so it was there that you landed.

"Eh. Oh horrible. Absolutely horrible. From the top. Now." A girl wearing an obvious wizard's hat said, as some knights saluted and began chanting spells.

Your approached was easily noted by the rest of them, though the knights and the tutor didn't seem to pay much heed. Captain Charles and another armored knight were standing together, though, when they noticed you, they started to quickly make their way towards you.

"Hero Jean! I thought we were planning to meet yesterday night... But it seemed like you were proceeding with the dragon's oath contract and... uhh.. actual bonding then, so I figured it best not to intrude. You missed the arrival of one of my fellow dragonknight captains. This is captain Ash of the 13th Dragonknight Company."

The man next to Captain Charles was in a full set of armor, much more than what Captains Charles wore. He had long red hair, with narrow almost sparkling golden eyes. He carried himself regally, though he looked at you with keen eyes, examining every inch of your body.

"Ohoh. A fine young man."

"Captain Ash, this is the hero of the Wind Priests." Captain Charles continued.

"Oh? The hero... even more fine."

QuoteColor change for Captain Charles.

pringerbeam

"Oh, convienient."  Said Jean to himself as he heard Lili speaking.  He was about to head in to find his companions when he stopped to look at Alyona's sister.  "Hi...  Valeria right?  Where's your hero?  Oh actually, you can just use your bond right?  Can you let her know that you guys are going to have to hold the fort for a few weeks while I tend to stuff back in Drugan?  I'd invite you all to the wedding but I think at least one of us should stay up here in case the demons make some kind of surprise attack." 

Jean looked over the new dragon knight.  "Hi, uh...  other Captain.  Need something?"  He asked as his gaze distractedly drifted back to the mage in the background.

Throndir

Mt. Velothia - Refugee Camp - Karn's Home

"I'll let her know." Valeriya responded. "The dragonknights have been having us train and prepare for the potential conflict with the demon army."

"Anyways, more than that though..." Valeriya said as she glanced at Alyona, then towards you. "I didn't really say anything during the ceremony... After all, that was Alyona's special moment. But you better take good care of her. It caught everyone by surprise that there would be an out-of-schedule ceremony being held. Personally I would have preferred if this last ceremony held a few days ago would be the last one. But if the elder approved it, then I really don't have a say in the matter."

With that, Valeriya transformed into a red dragon, a form you had seen earlier when you had partnered up with Rosalie the first time.

Mt. Velothia - Training Camp

"Does one really need a reason to admire handsomeness where it is found? It is not so common a thing." The knight exclaimed. "Excited I was to hear that the Velothian dragons have summoned their own hero! But alas, when I had found out it was a woman, sadness indeed entered my heart..." He said dramatically as he waved his arms wide. "Imagine finding out shortly after, that the Wind Temple Priests have their own hero! A healthy boy, and a fine specimen too. Aye... good fortune smiled upon me this day, for mine eyes have landed upon your very own! Excited I was to get to meet you just the day before. But fortune had it not so, due to your own dragonknight ceremony."

"Oh, but do carry on." Captain Ash said quickly. "I see you have matters to take care of... However, indeed did good captain Charles mention something of interest... Dwarves? Reinforcements? I would like to ask that we, that is, the good captain and I, make haste to the dwarves as well. If only to extend our own greeting to them!"