[Diane] Chapter 3: The Road to New Binmoor

Started by Throndir, July 05, 2019, 06:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anima mea

Diane looks at her and shakes her head, "Perhaps we could gather as a group since I'm a bit better rested and discuss a change in destination.  Otherwise, I still need another chance to adjust our group dynamic a bit more to allow us to function as a group."

Looking down at the clotted cream in her hands she shakes her head, "I need to go deliver this to those children.  Perhaps when I get back, say in an hour or so, perhaps we can meet as a group and have a conversation. I would very much like to settle this disagreement before we set out.  For now, however, I have a promise to keep.  We shall talk later."

Walking away from Kayden and the knights, she continually adjusts her gait as she walks.  After ten minutes she falls into a gait that allows her to not get sore from the weapons banging against her hip and leg.  Moving into the village proper, she begins to look around for the children she had promises the sweets to.

Throndir

QuoteRoll Perception to look around for awhile, or Diplomacy to ask around.

Heading to the center of the village where the water well was and where you had seen the children withdraw from before, there were some people who were at the wall pulling up buckets of water, however, the children weren't there. The village wasn't particular big however, so you knew you would be able to find them soon enough.

Anima mea

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 11 + 3, total 14[/blockquote] perception

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 1 - 1, total 0[/blockquote] deplomacy

Anima mea

Looking around the well a bit longer she doesn't spot them right off.  She then begins to move around the village, taking her time to make sure she gets in as much ground covered as possible.  Having found that her people skills are, at best, pathetic at this point she decides to just keep looking for the children.

Throndir

Date: Day 1 - 6:45 AM

It took you a bit of time wandering around the village. But after about an hour, you had finally found them. The two children were playing hide-and-seek with a few other children, which perhaps explained why you couldn't find any sign of them the first time around. When the two children noticed you however, they paused.

The girl was wearing a simple blue dress, while the boy wore the same clothes you had seen him wear the first time around yesterday.

"H-hi hero...!" The little girl said. "You should say hi to Jowan."

"Hi!" Jowan said

Anima mea

Diane positively beams at the children as she finds them
  Walking over she kneels down in front of them, "I wanted to keep promise to bring you sweets when I saw you again if you behaved.  I am fairly certain this is the correct clotted cream, although, as I cannot read the labels, I may not have gotten the sweet clotted cream and may have mistakenly grabbed the regular.  I apologize if I grabbed the wrong one."

A rueful look crosses her face as she thinks about what if she grabbed the wrong one.  Shaking her head she grins, "If I grabbed the wrong one I will make it up to you another time.  I am leaving the village for a while and I wanted to keep my promise to you sooner, rather than later.  So I hope you enjoy it.  And maybe when I come back I will have something awesome to show you.   How does that sound. I mean that for all of you children,  I will show you all something awesome when I come back.  I just have to go do some training so I can be a hero that can take care of my people."

Standing up and winking down at Jowan, she grins as she reaches down and misses their hair, each in turn.  "Be good while I am gone ok?"

Throndir

Both their eyes lighted up when you brought them the jar.

"Oh... meemaw would love this!" The girl said.

"Not a lot is being made anymore..." Jowan replied as he took the jay and opened it. He stuck one of his fingers in and licked it, only to giggle as he  shared it with his friend.

"We'll be good Ms. Hero." Jowan replied. The girl nodded too, but couldn't speak as she was helping herself to some of the clotted cream.

"Are you... leaving?" The girl asked, a hint of sadness in her tone of voice.

Anima mea

Sighing softly she nods, "I need to go get stronger so that I can be a strong hero that can accomplish my goals, which are to defeat the demons and protect the people of this world.  That means I either am going to the front lines of the war or to raid dungeons. I wish I could stay and spend time with you guys, I really do."

Throndir

The little girl nodded, though you weren't sure if she actually understood or not. "You'll be back right?  Ummm...I know ma wanted to be able to see you... And... uhh... and there was supposed to be this big feast for the village too!"

Anima mea

"I am going to do my best to come back, but when it comes.down to it, I cant promise anything.  As for the feast, my feelings will not be hurt if you guys have it without me.  In fact anything that gives you guys something good I can be just as grateful for even if I am not here for it."  Looking around for a few minutes,  she smiles, "Alright, I have time to meet your mother before I have to head back and set off on my journey."

Throndir

QuoteOODM: Paraphrasing the meeting with the mother, unless you had specific plans. We can roleplay it out fully through a side thread if you wish though. Either way this is a +Rep with the villagers.

You decided to go meet with the girl's mother. The other two kids waved goodbye to their other friends they were playing hide-and-seek with, and together the three of you went towards her home. Both children took one hand each on both your sides, and soon enough they made it to the girl's home. Being a farming community, most adults were already up at the break of dawn, and this one was no exception. The mother was tending to some of their livestock, chicken specifically, when you arrived.

"Oh my, it's our hero! Oh goodness, I'm not even dressed or anything..." After a short conversation, the woman had eventually tried to get you some things to take with you on the trip. Unfortunately, they didn't have much, and with most of everything being covered by either the mayors or Kayden and her knights, the most she was able to offer was a pie that she was baking. With that done, and when you were ready to leave, they would wave and say their goodbyes to you as well.

Anima mea

Walking back towards the hero's home and the inevitable decision she had been chewing over for a little while now, Diane stops a few feet down the road from the children's home and sighs, "I think it may be time to take some advice from Kayden and train in some dungeons first before heading to the front.  At least that way I have better chance and coming back and making this world better other than  defeating the demons."

This decision made she lifts her chin a bit and begins a very purposeful walk back towards the group ready to head out.  Smiling as she is no longer conflicted about her destination.

As she approaches the house, she grins, the thought of setting off on an adventure filling her with joy.  Once she gets near Kayden she stops, looking her dead in the eyes, "We are bound for the nearest dungeon.  Wisdom says to listen to those better experienced in a subject or situation than yourself.   I can't stop demons if they kill me quickly can I?"

Throndir

Caught off guard from your proclamation, it took Kayden a second until she finally nodded. "Very well... There is a dungeon in some mountains that appeared from the Shifting, a day's travel north of here. The problem is that the dungeon is rated for Class-B adventurers, though the monsters that spawn on the higher levels can be taken on by Class-C or even Class-D adventurers. Likewise, there is another dungeon to our south-west, but is in the territory of the Bürsteig Kingdom. A country that is annexed by the Felencorp United Alliance, but for the time being they are allowed to maintain their royalty and some semblance of self-government. Lastly, is the one I would suggest... It would be the Silver Labyrinths of New Binmoor. That would be a 3 day journey to the northwest, where one of our trade capitals, New Binmoor, is located. It's a dungeon where each level progressively gets harder, in this way it is the best way to measure one's strength."

"As a point of reference... Most demons are Class-C and higher, whereas most of our soldiers are around Class-D and Class-E."

"New Binmoor as well is where we keep the remnants of artifacts of this part of Felothia. It is there that my own superiors plan to gift you one of their magical treasures passed down from our ancient past."

Throndir

Pulling out a map, she showed you each of the dungeons that were either in the Northern Felencorp United Allianece, or near the borders in other nations.

QuoteShe can tell you more about each one if you would like. The dungeons on the map above are:

The Silver Labyrinths of New Binmoor
Firestone Dungeon of Mt. Kaeldo
Golem Ruins of Bürsteig
Thelan Forest Stoneshaft Dungeon
Waterlogged Dungeon of Baolong Dynasty
Hallowed Forest Dungeon

Anima mea

Diane nods and goes quiet, her face thoughtful as her mind rolls all of the information going through her head.  Shaking her head, "I want to go to the dungeon that progressively gets harder.  I want to be able to grow without a bit of travel involved every time I get stronger.  The larger city also gives me access to scholars, libraries and various merchants and traders.  I can even work on prototypes for various steam engines, trains and maybe even motorized carriages. "

Shaking her head, That's putting the cart before the horse, the dungeon there will give me progressive challenges, knowledge Nd experiences."