[Amelia] Chapter 12: Cave of Goblins

Started by Throndir, April 14, 2019, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[info]Amelia will switch back to the bow shift adjacent to the goblin and coup de gras the goblin
(will wait a round if needed)
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 5, 4 + 1, total 10[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Both Kurt and Thyra watched in silence as you strode over to the helpless goblin. Nyx had his eyes alert as well. Finally adjacent to the creature, you pulled back the arrow on the bow, then let go, letting the projectile shoot straight and fast into back of the goblin's head. There was a sickening smack as the arrow embedded itself deep, some bits of the goblin's blood and brain matter splattered out as well, getting some of it on your hands or clothes. But the deed was done. The goblin was dead.

"How was it?"

Mysticsage

"Unpleasant," Amelia says as she wipes the blood from her face. Her martial training kicking in to maintain her calm. "I don't enjoy killing things but I can defend myself without a problem."

Throndir

Kurt nodded.

"It may have bee a goblin, but they are as sentient as you and I. The first time I killed was when I was 12. Mine and Matilda's mentor took us out to the forests to hunt for wolves and goblins. We didn't find any wolves, but we did find some goblins attempting to attack some travelers who weren't going along the roads. I don't enjoy killing either, but this new world we're in, is probably much more harsh than what Erdesin was, or even your own world."

"Shall we proceed?"

Mysticsage

Amelia did her best to smile, "Yes, I want to see this through."

She didn't want to say that historically her homeworld did even more horrible things than hunting sentient life. She only hoped that she could avoid repeating the same mistakes here as the people of her own past.

Glancing down she saw the crystals all around and one cluster, in particular, seemed easy to grab. Reaching down she will try her best to collect a reasonable sample size.

Throndir

QuoteStrength check, or attack it with a weapon.

Mysticsage

[info]strength
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 20 + 2, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[okay]You have gained a new title『The Strong』
You gained +1 STR.[/okay]The piece of crystal snapped cleanly.

QuoteUpdate your Items sheet. The crystals in the cavern are colored: Purple, Blue, Green, and some Red.

Mysticsage

Amelia quickly threw her prize into her bag and then let Kurt continue to lead the way while keeping an eye out for traps and more monsters.

Throndir

The room was littered with sparkling crystals on the floor, walls, and ceiling. There were various crystal formations as well.

QuoteChoose which way to go! State it in exact tiles, etc.

Mysticsage

Amelia moves to 1 space north of Kurt making a perception check of traps "Nyx you are better at sensing enemies and keeping hidden take the lead and watch out for any kind of traps."

Throndir

You spend the next few minutes searching for traps. Nyx did too, but he didn't seem to find any either.

Mysticsage

Amelia has Nyx take point continuing down the hall followed by Kurt, herself, and thyra.

Throndir

QuoteState how careful you want to move. Searching a 5 ft. by 5 ft. square with Take 20 Perception takes 2 minutes each square. Are you simply searching a square of lines going deeper, or the entire room?

Mysticsage

[info]I'm being generally wary, not super thorough
I'm only searching the spaces heading deeper into the dungeon
and I would like to roll versus taking 20 with aid
[/info]