[Amelia] Chapter 12: Cave of Goblins

Started by Throndir, April 14, 2019, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The road from here to the guild-protected dungeon was a safe one that had many travellers moving back and forth. It looked like the road to the dungeon was part of the main road heading eastwards, however there was a considerable less amount taking the fork of the main road to the dungeon. This only made sense since apart from the dungeon and surrounding forests, there was little reason to use that particular road. You had passed by groups of travellers, people with wagons and their guards, farmers bringing in their goods to the market this morning, and adventurers coming back to the city. It was well-patrolled simply due to the fact of the traffic.

Soon enough you made your way to the dungeon. There were signs pointing the way, and soon enough Kurt pointed over to a hill with a small path leading towards it. He explained that this was the guild's beginner dungeon. It wasn't much of a dungeon, only providing three rooms, but it gave beginning adventurers a taste of what true dungeon delves were like. According to Kurt, this particular dungeon appeared shortly after Bursteig was transported to the new world. Adventurers had already reported that it was a rather small dungeon, so the guild decided to 'adopt' it as a staging one for beginners.

The entrance to the dungeon was about what you expected. There was a cavern entrance from the hill that seemed to go down further, along with a sign on there. It was written in the country's language, but the letters and words were automatically translated to you.

Cave of Goblins
Guild Protected
Do NOT destroy the Dungeon Core
Life Imprisonment

Mysticsage

"Well that wasn't too bad of a walk at all," Amelia smiled as she finished preparing. "Everyone ready?"

After everyone was prepared she continued, "Let's do some training!"

[info]I'll take your lead on how much to abstract this or play this out.[/info]

Throndir

As you entered the cave, you realized that the entrance to the cavern structure was dark and unlit. As you stepped further, it was getting darker and darker.

Mysticsage

"Why did I think is would be lit in here." Amelia asked knowing she forgot to bing any modern equipment with her. "Did either of you bring a lantern?"

If not she will find a few dead branches to make torches out of.

Throndir

QuoteMinor font change for readability

"I brought a torch." Kurt said, as he began to rummage through his pack, pulling out a long stick with bandages wrapped around it.

"Tis a beacon of light herein in the dark. Spirit can illuminate as surely, though ill-fortune for the illumination tis not as bright." Thyra explained. A moment later she spoke some words, her 'prayer' as she first described it.

"Spirits of mine ancestors, and souls of mine forebears be with me." With that a low glow started to appear around the valkyrie. "Mayhaps we can train thy usage of Spirit more later."

Quote20 ft. dimlight around Thyra, though, Kurt's torch will be much brighter at 20 ft. normal light, and 40 ft. dimlight.

Mysticsage

"Thank you, to both of you," Amelia smiled "Nyx will take point for us since he has an easier time in the dark, and i'll make sure to stick close between both of you."

The group enters the cavern ready for adventure.

Throndir

The group continued to go in further, Kurt lead the way as he had the torch. The walls of the dungeon were illuminated, and it was then that you realized that there were many crystals embedded into them. The deeper you went, the more crystals there were.

"There's something up ahead." Kurt said, his eyes narrowing.True enough, there were two goblins in the distance, their red eyes turned towards you.

QuoteInitiative requested

Mysticsage

[info] Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 16 + 1, total 17[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

"Two goblins." Kurt said as he readied his blade.

Kurt moved further into the room, illuminating the two goblins, though he only took a defensive stance.

QuoteAmelia to take their turn

Turn Order
Kurt: 21 -> Amelia: 17 -> Nyx: 16 -> Goblin 1 -> Thyra: 13 -> Goblin 2

Mysticsage

[info]Amelia steps back holding an action to fire an arrow in case Nyx gets in trouble. [/info]

Throndir

Nyx went ahead into the opening of the cavern room. He took a sharp turn right after and then disappeared from sight.

"They're coming." Kurt said calmly. Both goblins started to charge then, one of them attempted to attack Kurt, but Kurt easily deflected the attack.

Kurt focused on defending himself.

QuoteAmelia to take turn

Mysticsage

[info]going to try an arrow shot
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-3 : 9 - 3, total 6[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

You let fly an arrow, but it missed completely. Nyx then appeared from behind out of stealth and manages to land a hit with both his claws and a bite. The goblin yelled out in pain and toppled over.

[okay]You gained a level.
You are now level 14.[/okay]Both Kurt and Thyra continued to guard. Kurt parried another set of attacks from the goblin in front of him.

QuoteAmelia to take turn.

Mysticsage

"Nyx, drain the next one!" Amelia said, taking out the dagger from her belt with annoyance.

Throndir

Nyx drained the next goblin that was in combat with Kurt. A moment later, the goblin crumpled to the ground, still alive, but unconscious.

Kurt stepped aside, giving you a direct access to the goblin.

He only nodded, but didn't say anything.