[Leela] Chapter 3.2: On the Way to the Roshandan/Human Lands Border

Started by Ella, December 30, 2018, 07:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ella

Leela Steading

"I suppose that is an inherent ability as well? Is there a similar thing to it that I could learn? How much mana do you need to use for it?" Scales increasing her natural defense sounded cool just by itself, but to also give resistance to fire made it something Leela definitely wanted.

Leela moved to sit in one of the seats and waited for Zavan to join her so that he could begin teaching her how to use the alternate claw ability, and hopefully something similar to the scales ability as well.

"I am ready to learn."

Throndir

"Unfortunately, that would take longer than what we have until we reach the border... But, I take it your world did not teach you the ethereal plane? It is more than that... There is a physical body, and then there is the ethereal body. Though you are able to eventually make permanent changes to your physical body by modifying the 'blueprint' in the ethereal body... The transformation magicka I will be teaching will temporarily disrupts that form... Which then allows you to grow scales, or have sharp claws..."

"But first... The basics..."

QuoteRoll a Training Check for Ethereal Knowledge, which will go into Sensory Magicka Knowledge, and finally into the specific spells.

Ella

Leela Steading

"My world believes that magic is a figment of imagination No one can use real magic there." Leela informed Zavan. Realizing after she said it that she was not sure if she wanted them to know how little she knew about magic. But, one could not learn unless the teacher knew how much their student already knew. "But a lot of the games I played and shows I watched theorized what using magic would be like. Like Dungeons & Dragons theorized about different types of magic."

"Would you say the ethereal body could be considered the spirit or soul?" She asked, trying to get a better idea of what exactly the ethereal body was.

[info] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Using Spellcraft for Training Check

Rolled 1d20+21 : 3 + 21, total 24
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+21 : 15 + 21, total 36[/info]

Throndir

"The spirit and the soul are actually two different things, though they are similar. There is a third type of body, called the astral body, which houses your soul. Your spirit on the other hand is related with the ethereal body. You can think of the ethereal body as a blueprint for your physical form."

During the next 4 hours, Zavan begins teaching you about Ethereal Knowledge.

QuoteTraining
Knowledge (ethereal): 2/8