[Amelia] Chapter 5: Father, Shrine Maiden, and a Heroic Kitten

Started by Throndir, September 26, 2018, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

As Akari opened the window and took a step back Amelia walked forward and grabbed the window sill and screamed out
"NYX I NEED YOUR HELP!"

using the full strength of her lung capacity at that moment she stepped back with a smile and her hands on her hips. "that should get his attention." she said to herself oblivious to the reaction of the other people in the room or her neighbors that she may have disturbed. With a whip of her hair she moved with a purpose to the bedroom that had been indicated and opened the door.

Standing in the doorway, "I'm sorry for waking you, your sister asked me to take a look at you and see if I can do anything. My name is Liam Atwell." She said taking in space before cursing the fact that they did not have electricity. "Do you mind if I come in?" she did not wait for a response as she walked in with a purpose before realizing that she could use her phone for extra light along with any lamps she found in the room. Digging into her bag for her phone and her keys she pulled her jacket up above her mouth just as a precaution as she turned on her light app. To get a better look. Lighting any lamps that she could see as she went to his bedside and bent down on her knees, "May I ask what your name is?"

While talking she is going to use her phone as a doctor's light to check his eyes and listen for any kind of wet cough etc

Throndir

QuoteHeal check requested.

The boy coughs, but he speaks still.

"Kaneda... Takeru-" He has another fit of coughing. "You... shouldn't be in here... They said its contagious." The kid himself looked to be some years younger than Akari. If you were to guess perhaps 12 or even 14 at most.

Mysticsage

[info]heal check
Using phone and high school health class
But don't know if this effect things so just

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 15 + 1, total 16[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Heal: 16
From his coughing, you could tell that there was a lot of phlegm in his lungs. From his breathing you can tell that he was wheezing as well. His complexion was pale, and he was also sweating, judging from the dampness of his hair and forehead.[/info]

Mysticsage

Amelia remembered the first time she got bronchitis it was like an elephant sitting on her chest, not that they would know what an elephant was. At least the alternative to bronchitis or strep throat was not worth considering at the moment considering the consequences. But regardless of what the actual illness was, she knew that it would at least in her world require one thing, antibiotics. Here there may be some magical means and her plans with Nyx might be able to fix things completely if not solve the symptoms.

But what if his powers did not work on illness?

There were too many unanswered questions to not assume that it would fail. So without antibiotics and just enough knowledge about chemistry to know that attempting to replicate drugs would not only be insanely expensive and very unwise even for her. So that left herbal and home remedies for the symptoms if not the source of the problem being able to help him sleep at a minimum and controlling the fever would be key.

"You just try to get some rest Takeru, we're going to better before you know it." She smiled before standing, "I might be in and out of your room just a few more times tonight, but I'll try not to wake you. Don't worry I promise we'll get you better. " she turned off the phone and blew out the flame of the lantern to not light an accidental fire. closing the door she went back to the table.

"Well, I won't tell you things you already know Akari. Your brother is sick, and possibly still contagious, but I think I have a few things that can help with the symptoms that can help with his recovery until we can think of another plan in case my partner and I cannot seem to make him feel better the fast way." she glanced out the window hoping that somehow he heard her call and would choose to make his appearance soon. But putting it aside she had a responsibility to do. As a queen, she would have to responsible for everyone in the country, and this would be the least of her responsibilities. She had to do this right. So she got out a pencil and a piece of paper and had Akari write things down that she could remember about caring for such an illness.

Things like spicy food, gurgling salt water that had been purified through boiling, and inhaling steam to help break up the flem. Without ice, it would be difficult to deal with the fever but spoke about what she could remember about other ways to break the heat and make it easier to sleep.

[info]I might be overstepping since the dc on treating illnesses varies, but I figured the 16 heal check carries through and long-term care is a 15 and she has seen and experienced such illnesses so she would at least be as passingly familiar with how to clear lungs and stop fevers as I am. Which is the bare minimum lol.[/info]

Throndir

QuoteThat heal check before was for this specific use:
While talking she is going to use her phone as a doctor's light to check his eyes and listen for any kind of wet cough etc

If you're attempting to start Long-Term care, then you'll have to roll again, keep in mind this locks your character for 8 hours, or the rest of the night, but if you're going by just knowledge, that 16 will work fine on just giving Akari advice.

Let me know if you plan to have any other actions, or if you just want to wait for Nyx to potentially show up.

Takeru smiled weakly and bitterly, his eyes were sullen, as if he'd already given up on getting better. Akari only bit her lip watching her brother's state, both physically and mentally.

Akari began writing down each of your suggestions, some of them she had nodded as things she had tried before, from suggestions from various of their doctors, but some of the ideas too were unique to her, and she readily agreed to try them all out.

Kurt eventually spoke up.

"Shall I send for our court healer? They were the ones who aided y- the hero when they were summoned. But... if you plan to stay here for the night Liam, then at least let either my sister or I, or some guards to stay... Even if its in a nearby inn."

Mysticsage

Amelia shook her head at Kurt's suggestion, "I would but without the proper anti-biotics-" she paused, " I mean, medicine from my homeworld or magic, there isn't much anyone can do until he gets better. I have had illnesses like this before and the key is just making sure he can keep his fever down and his airways clear. And I don't wish to draw any unneeded attention to the pair of you more than is needed at the moment." she said looking at Akari remembering that the king had taken special care to keep his children in the dark about her circumstance with the alliance.

she paused for a minute while looking out the window, "If my familiar shows up I might be able to help him more directly even if it's only in the short term. But without his help to block out the world so I can try and focus on him and my powers, I cannot actually do much for him at the moment. I would wait an hour for him to appear, I know we need to return home soon, but regardless in the morning, I can talk with the king in the morning about the next move."

"I have a good feeling about these two- and besides Kurt, I would not be a hero that you or your kingdom could respect in the future if I turned my back on people's suffering right in front of me. I wouldn't be able to look at my own reflection let alone ask for your respect or your trust! Even if its just you Kurt I want to prove that coming here wasn't just some kind of accident. After all, you have every right to judge me after appearing out of nowhere and claimed the position I did I'm not so dumb to assume that everything will just go smoothly earning trust takes a lifetime. "

"If I cannot help with one little boy's cough right now, how can I ever in good faith allow myself be responsible for something or someone who's been sick for much longer?" She looked at Kurt pointedly thinking about his mother, " I have my own code and it demands that I at least try to help. even if it's pointless that's who I am." She left out the part that the more she made for a name for herself the less likely he was to be betrayed.
[info]
Rolling Diplomacy to calm Kurt and at least make it sound like she is not just doing this on a whim but because it is the right thing to do. Also to prove that this goes towards proving that she was also brought here for his own family issues, and maybe even guilt him into action etc. If this goes extremely well maybe even remind him of how his mother would respond to a problem like this. And trying to start ingraining that image of her as a hero that they need to have around even when the devil comes to collect what is due

if anything doesn't make sense let me know

Dip
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 16 + 5, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]I also forgot to say that Amelia will wait for a short period of time an hour max for Nyx to appear. All the while attempting to will his appearance before promising to fix this and going home to the caste.

Amelia has got shit to do lol [/info]

Throndir

Kurt was taken aback with your words, a smile appeared on his features.

"You are... kind Amelia." Determination then appeared in his eyes as well. "To be so driven for the people, that is the quality of a leader." Kurt saluted.

Akari too was smiling wide at hearing your proclamation.

"Hope indeed I have hearing your words." She proceeded to step closer to you, aiming to hug you.

QuoteAvoid if you wish!

"Many thanks I have for you..."

As you continued to give Akari advice, and check up on Takeru, about 30 minutes in, you spot something small and dark appear from the window. It had yellow eyes, black fur, and stood on four legs. It was Nyx.

Akari immediately noticed, her eyes wide in alarm.

"What is that!" You see her rushing to a sheathed weapon she kept nearby, propped up on the wall.

Mysticsage

Amelia was to distracted with Kurt to notice Akari moving in to hug her before it was too late. Akari's arms were wrapped around her. "There's really no need to thank me." she said taken aback by the sudden show of affection, "I'm just doing what anyone should do if they are in the position to help." she put one arm around the back of the other girl in an attempt to comfort her.

When Nyx entered through the window she didn't even notice Akari's reaction as she ran to the window to greet him. "Nyx!" she called happily.

"You sure took your time huh?" said with a warm yet bitting tone as she ran her hand through his fur playfully and picked him up and hugged him close for a moment before letting him climb up her shoulder. It was like having her security blanket wrapped around her and the insanity was a little futher away.

Tuning around to finally take notice of Akari brandashing her weapon. "What are you doing? I told you I was waiting for someone. Amelia laughed, "Now that he's here I can see if we can't help Takeru at least feel better, Right?"

Throndir

She seemed to have blushed slightly the moment you wrapped an arm around her. Akari only hugged you tighter, though the genuine smile on her features was hard to miss. Kurt himself grinned at the moment that was shared, though he kept quiet.

Akari began sobbing quietly.

"Glad I am to have come to the city, and meet you Liam... No one wanted to help... And even when I went to the church here, indeed they told me that they couldn't have done anything."

Akari had the weapon already out, it looked like a katana from your own world. At the very least, it was designed differently than the more European-like weapons that the guards had used, and definitely different from the long thing swords that Kurt had shown you earlier that day.

Akari had a confused look on her face.

"Thought I did that you were waiting for a person... but... that is a critter of some sort?"

In response, Nyx eyed you intelligently, meowing long and obviously, as if to say:

"Alright Amelia, I haven't been around all day, but it seems you're friendly with this new human... Is it okay to talk at all?"

He purred in your arms and meowed again, his eyes continued to lock on to yours, as if to say:

"It's not like I like being picked up and cuddled, but since it's you... I'll allow it."

Mysticsage

"I don't see much of a difference he's as generally as well behaved as a person. As independent as one to for better or worse. Amelia laughed. "And  with the help of my partner here to focus the power we might be able to heal your brother in a way similar to when I was summoned here." She was glad that Akari gave her a reason to explain her plans again; if only for Nyx's sake. While she trusted everyone here she wanted to keep an ace up her sleeve, and Nyx being treated as just an animal might just help her if she got in a bind. She gave Nyx a warm squeeze and a look that said for him to keep playing along for the time being.

"Well, I guess there is no time like the present to see just how effective  if at all my plan is at all. At the very least the goal is to ease his discomfort." Holding her breath slightly she went into the other room.

[info]if you want I am fine with skipping to Amelia entering the room and attempting to "heal" TK[/info]

Throndir

Nyx's eyes seemed to light up from the explanation, and when you held him, he eagerly turned to face towards the room, picking out the coughing kid immediately.

"Focus your power? Indeed so that is your power as a hero? You can heal my brother?" Akari's voice grew excited, and you could tell she had anticipation in her voice.

Kaneda Takeru had another coughing fit the moment you entered the room. He knew by now of your presence, so he didn't bother taking a look. Nyx then started to meow multiple times in different ways by changing the tone of his voice each time.

"Meeeeow meeoooow maaaaouw muooo-restore-meoooowww!"

QuoteNyx is attempting a bluff, feel free to roll one too if you'd like. It will be opposed to Akari and Kurt's Sense Motive.

Mysticsage

"I mean, that is how I survived. But I don't know if it will cure illnesses, but I don't think that it's bad to try and find out. But it takes a lot of energy as Kurt can a test with my condition before. It takes my partner's help to make it work."

[info]bluff check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 20 + 2, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Even though Nyx had blatantly said the word 'restore', Akari didn't seem to notice at all. Kurt on the other hand, narrowed his eyes briefly, but decided to take your explanation.

Both of them stared wide eyed at what happened next. A soft white light began to spread on Takeru's body. The boy had been sweating, and looked pale, but as the white light spread, his skin tone began to take in more color, and any pain Takeru had was being eased. Eventually the ability finished, and Takeru visibly looked better. Unfortunately the boy still coughed a moment later. The kid did open his eyes though, he himself realizing that he felt different.

"The... pain in my throat is gone..." He coughed again however, but he had covered his mouth. "Thank you... Mr. Hero."

"That white light... it's similar to the healing spells those who can use light magic can do." Kurt said. "At least, from how it was described. I've never personally seen light magic before, or any kind of healing spell like that... This would explain how you managed to recover so quickly from those broken bones. That's amazing Am- Liam."