[Fred] Chapter 3: Escape

Started by Throndir, August 19, 2018, 10:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

"I've got her! By the way, the leader's name is Meng Jian! I don't know him, but you might have an idea what he can do." Fred said carefully as he prepared to run. "Don't fight to win, fight to run." He noted as a reminder.

[info][blockquote]Perception:  1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Acrobatics:  1d20+13 : 13 + 13, total 26[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"I'll fight to kill." Lai Fen said dangerously. With that, she stopped her dash forward, and grabbing her blade, she immediately swung it around. Her movements were almost unnatural, she had been going at fullspeed ahead, only to quickly change her momentum around. The one named Su Chun《Blade User》 was completely unprepared, and Lai Fen had her blade through the man's gut.

The man was still able to pull himself off however, bringing up his own blade, and jumping back to gain some distance.

At that same moment, two others who were hidden had appeared. Bai Xinyue《The Graceful》and Deng Zhi《Powerhouse》, one from each side, had closed in on Lai Fen. Bai Xinyue wielding a dagger, while Deng Zhi seemed to favor gauntlets. Lai Fen managed to quickly bring up her blade to defend against Bai Xinyue's attack, but that caused her flank to be open from Deng Zhi's as she took a fist to her back.

"Lai Fen! Come back safely..." You noticed Lai Ju's eyes worry as she bit her lip, but a moment later she called you forward as she herself continued to rush onwards, trusting in Lai Fen's decision.

"It's not much longer hero Fred. We can continue through the rooftops, or we could perhaps try to lose them in one of the buildings, or even the crowds on the street level."

QuoteContinuing on rooftops:
Perception, Acrobatics

Lose in buildings:
Perception, Acrobatics, Stealth

Lose in crowds:
Perception, Acrobatics, Stealth

QuoteInitiative Order: Lai Ju, Fred, Lai Fen, 5 remaining Red Hand Sect members
Rough Status
Su Chun《Blade User》: Badly Wounded
Fred: Injured
Lai Fen: Injured
[include u=2]MP Fred: -10
Fred: -9[/include]

Linwelin

As soon as Fred notices that one of them is technically wearing their weapon, he shoots out his hand in their direction. "Worst case, he's naked and easier to damage.

"Destroy!"

After that, Fred spins around to follow Lai Ju. "I'd still say rooftops. Buildings could work against us, and crowds could have enemies hiding in them. Plus, these don't seem like the kind of people to avoid hurting innocents." With that, he quickly makes his way back to the roof.

[info]
Destroy on Deng Zhi.
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Acrobatics:  1d20+13 : 4 + 13, total 17[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]《Destroy》
When you triggered the keyword, both the man's clothing, and the gauntlets he wore was blown off. For each use of Destroy, you felt your body get heavier and heavier.[/info]The now naked naked yelped, and Lai Fen used this opportunity to roll from the man's attack, then using that momentum, reversed her direction jumping towards the man who had just punched her. She held her blade aloft, and attempted to attack, but Deng Zhi had enough sense about him to move his body to avoid Lai Fen's blade.

At that moment, Deng Zhi《Powerhouse》, naked and without weapons began to retreat. And at the same time, Su Chun《Blade User》and Bai Xinyue《The Graceful》 both attacked at once. Lai Fen attempted to parry Su Chun, but she fell for the feint, as both Su Chun's and Bai Xinyue's attacks went through.

You and Lai Ju kept up the pace. You realized there were still 2 chasing after you, though, Lai Ju herself wasn't able to see them.

QuoteIf you keep going forward, roll Acrobatics and Perception

Rough Status
Su Chun《Blade User》: Badly Wounded
Deng Zhi《Powerhouse》: Injured
Fred: Injured
Lai Fen: Badly Wounded
[include u=2]MP Fred: -13

Linwelin

Haha! It worked! Fred exclaimed mentally, witnessing Deng Zhi become butt naked in a flurry of cloth scraps.

His excitement turned cold fairly quickly once he saw Lai Fen unable to fend for herself, even with the other getting disarmed. With the other two on them now, there was no way to get to her in time. Not to mention there was a kid on his shoulders. The one Lai Fen was ready to kill, but now wanted to save. Why are we still carrying this kid anyways? Fred noted to himself. Fred wasn't one to contest the loss of life, so he wouldn't argue, but at the cost of ones own life. It was then that Fred had an idea, his eyes widening with the new thought.

"Lai Ju, at the next building's edge, use a smoke bomb. We're going to drop down and into a building, hide the kid, and circle back around. We're being chased, but Lai Fen will be killed at this rate. And if we play this right, we can catch these two off-guard. Sound good?"

[info]Different action, but I'll need those two checks regardless haha.

[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Acrobatics:  1d20+13 : 9 + 13, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Requested Stealth roll
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+13 : 13 + 13, total 26[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Got it hero Fred." Lai Ju said. A moment later when the two of you neared the next building's edge, she dropped down the smoke bomb. Immediately a thick cloud of smoke appeared 10 ft. radius, and 20 ft. altogether engulfed the area. You felt Lai Ju's hand grab yours then and quickly let go.

"Stay close hero Fred." With that you heard her jump down, following after with grace you made your way down as well. Once you began to drop the little girl down, she whimpered.

"Shhh, young one." Lai Ju whispered.

At that moment, you began circling your way back, leaving the child behind.

QuoteSince we're still doing combat rounds:
Round 1: Move to edge, drop down
Round 2: Drop child, stealth
Round 3: Quickened Stealth
Round 4: Quickened Stealth

Lai Fen smirked when she realized both Lai Ju and Fred had disappeared and she grinned even more when the man who had attacked her was naked. When both Su Chun《Blade User》and Bai Xinyue《The Graceful》 attacked her with their weapons though, both drawing blood, Lai Fen's features wasn't one of pain. In fact, it almost looked like she reveled in it.

"Getting sloppy, leader of the Dark Ravens?" One of them asked, in passing comment noticing her wounds. But Lai Fen ignored him.

Instead she smiled.

She started laughing then as she held up her blade, stepping forward and began attacking with abandon, putting pressure on both Su Chun and Bai Xinyue. Her slashes were fierce, yet without much control or precision.

"The Red Hand Sect. So-called assassins of the Iron Moon. Pretending to work on your own, instead you align yourself with whoever is in power." Her eyes were wild.

Both men were being pushed back, but still, they managed to get a few hits in and continually injure the girl.

"They said you were skilled, but you're leaving too many openings!" The assassins said as Lai Fen continued to smile. Blood continued to pour from her wounds. They were getting grievous, cuts and slashes were starting to cover her arms and torso.

"Wounds, sorrow, regret, misery. You know what they are? They're pain. And there's one thing my mentor taught me..." She continued her step work, as her attacks became heavier, faster, and more focused.

"Pain makes you feel alive."

"Ki Release." Her fighting spirit released then, both combatants could literally see Lai Fen's killing intent. It was faint to see, but a dark purple glow surrounded Lai Fen.

"I-its... dark?" Su Chun《Blade User》 asked, confusion in his tone. The moment the words left his lips, Lai Fen seemed to disappear, appearing in front of him, driving her blade into the man's body. Su Chun, still had enough wits about him to jump back however, though the man himself was bleeding profusely.

Up ahead, you see Lai Fen, along with the others. You noticed that there was only two of the pursuers left here. The two that were chasing you and Lai Ju were no where in sight, though looking back, you see them up ahead where you had lost them. It looks like they haven't caught the fact that you escaped.

As for Lai Fen herself, you noticed that she was covered in wounds, her clothing was thoroughly soaked with blood. You noticed as well, a purple-like aura surrounding her, looking at her felt cold.

"Red Hand Sect assassin. Tell me..." She said as she stared coldly at the man before her who was clutching at his mortal wound.

"Do you feel alive?"

Rough Status
Su Chun《Blade User》: Near Death
Bai Xinyue《The Graceful》: Uninjured
Deng Zhi《Powerhouse》: Injured, not in vicinity
Meng Jian《Red Hand Squad Captain》: Looking for Fred
Tian Shui《Thrown Stars Adept》: Uninjured, not in vicinity
Wen Wei《Silent Shadow》: Looking for Fred
Fred: Injured, Tired
Lai Fen: Near Death
[include u=2]MP Fred: -13

Linwelin

Seeing that Lai Fen has somehow managed to turn the battle a bit in desperation, Fred was relieved. Unnerved by the condition she was in, coupled with her smiling expression. Not to mention the aura around her. And I thought she seemed crazy and murderous before. That was all he could think to himself. Still, there was one last member left unharmed, and they had a job to do.

"Lai Ju, you're going to be on the offensive. Attack the uninjured guy while he's not paying attention. Just before you do, I'll use my power to catch him off-guard." Fred whispered, pointing at the man, before heading to a hiding spot.

Fred was intent on avoiding getting involved with Lai Fen until she calmed down, though.

[info]Going to use destroy once Lai Ju has gotten close enough to disarm and distract. I want both of us to remain unseen until the last moment.
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+13 : 14 + 13, total 27[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

At that moment, Lai Ju had circled around, neither of the other two combatants noticed her, you had seen her creep up, and the moment she was in place, you triggered your ability. Bai Xinyue's clothing flown off, but before he could react, Lai Ju had dashed forward, with her blade leading the way. Her attack was successful, and Bai had a new gash on his back.

Su Chun《Blade User》did not response to Lai Fen. Instead, he glared at her. He stepped forward, still clutching at his wounds, but had his blade up to attack her. Lai Fen only smirked at the feeble attempt, and easily moved out of the way. She started laughing then, and a moment later, her weapon began to glow purple and red.

And when Lai Fen finally struck out with her blade, she continued to laugh.

And when Su Chun's head was separated from his body, all that could be heard was the leader of the Dark Raven's laughter.

Rough Status
Su Chun《Blade User》: Dead
Bai Xinyue《The Graceful》: Badly Wounded
Meng Jian《Red Hand Squad Captain》: Looking for Fred
Wen Wei《Silent Shadow》: Looking for Fred
Fred: Injured, Tired
[include u=2]MP Fred: -14

Notifications then appeared in a green translucent window in front of you.

[okay]You have leveled up!
You have leveled up!
You have leveled up!
You are now level 18.[/okay]

Linwelin

Yup, she's lost it. Fred said to himself mentally. After all he'd seen, it wasn't a surprise. But the real question was what that glowing energy around her was. It's ominous, to say the least. I can clearly sense the general killing intent. Fred knew one thing for sure, he didn't want to approach her while she had that energy about her. Heck, from past experience, he didn't really want to approach her period. But as one of the few people that didn't want him harmed or dead at the moment, there wasn't much choice. Who knows, maybe she's better when not fighting? All he could do was hope.

Well, that and help to finish off the other enemy before the two that'd been chasing him circled back. Raising the dao in his hand, Fred swiftly moved forward to flank the man that Lai Ju had just struck.

[info]Stealth check if I can, otherwise, just perception and attack. I'm not sure what my damage will be.

[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+13 : 20 + 13, total 33[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack (-4 untrained):  1d20+2 : 8 + 2, total 10[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Putting pressure on Bai Xinyue, Lai Ju followed up with two consecutive attacks. Bai Xinyue was hit with the first one, but he managed to deflect the second one. At the same time, you had sped forward and attacked Bai Xinyue as well. Though your handle on the weapon was poor, you had managed to sneak up on him and caught him unaware as his focus was on Lai Ju.

Lai Fen continued to laugh, but she turned her attention to Bai Xinyue shortly after, then just like Lai Ju, began pressuring him as well.

At that moment Bai stepped back.

"I yield!" He yelled, but he had his daggers still up. "I'll tell the others not to pursue!"

Rough Status
Su Chun《Blade User》: Dying
Bai Xinyue《The Graceful》: Badly Wounded
Meng Jian《Red Hand Squad Captain》: Looking for Fred (6 rounds)
Wen Wei《Silent Shadow》: Looking for Fred (6 rounds)
Fred: Badly Wounded, Tired
Fred: -17
Bai: -7[/include]

Linwelin

"Then drop your weapons!" Fred demanded. He would gladly take a yield over a kill. To continue fighting was too risky. Plus, who knows if the kid would be found. They needed to hurry. "Lai Ju, Lai Fen, kick away his blades when he drops them. If he doesn't drop them, then kill him."

[info]Fred plans to disarm him then continue running, grabbing the kid and getting to safety.
[blockquote]Intimidate:  1d20+2 : 15 + 2, total 17[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Quickened Stealth for the run
[blockquote]Quickened Stealth:  1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Requested perception +5
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+10 : 10 + 10, total 20[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The man proceeded to drop his weapons, held his hands up, and stepped back. The man himself was heavily injured. The attacks he received from the three of you covered the man with wounds, and blood freely flowed down his naked body. He didn't seem to have a lot of shame however.

"Spare me Dark Ravens... The city is in enough turmoil. We'll leave you alone."

At that same moment, you started making your way back towards where you had come from. You saw Lai Ju picking up the dropped daggers, while keeping an eye on the captive.

Lai Fen however stepped forward, her stance was strangely calm which contrasted the purple and red aura that lingered around her.

"You're a liar."

In a blink of an eye, she stepped forward.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lai Ju flinched, but didn't say anything. Notifications then appeared in a green translucent window in front of you.

[okay]You have leveled up!
You have leveled up!
You have gained a new title『The Quick Destroyer』
You have gained +2 DEX
You are now level 20. Spend your unallocated point.[/okay]

Soon enough you found the child. She was trying to hide away, but you managed to easily spot her. The moment she saw you however, she seemed to shy away. From the streaks on her cheeks, you could tell that she had been crying.

QuoteInitiative Order: Lai Ju, Fred, Lai Fen, Red Hand Sect
Rough Status
Su Chun《Blade User》: Dead
Bai Xinyue《The Graceful》: Dead

Meng Jian《Red Hand Squad Captain》: Looking for Fred (8 rounds)
Wen Wei《Silent Shadow》: Looking for Fred (8 rounds)
Fred: Badly Wounded, Tired
Fred: -17
Bai: -7[/include]