[IC] Trouble in the Sewers

Started by Oath, November 18, 2013, 12:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Let me know if it gets any worse though, we have some clerics in the guild, but I'd rather heal the wound now if it becomes an issue later on. Something took the guards in here... it's best if we're in our best condition."

[spoiler]She'll make sure to be 10 ft behind Vlad/Kryas, whoever is in the lead now.

Also, level Annia to 2, she'll have 17 hitpoints.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

"But if we happen to come upon some sort of monster, I'm sure the radiance of my armor would give them pause." She grinned at Kryas, as she continued her way deeper into the sewers.

[spoiler]Max movement keeping to the right, going south if that's an opening.[/spoiler]

Oath

Entering the hall, it is wider and taller than the smaller passages that Annia had seen in the other areas of the sewer. Rancid waste on either side and bits and pieces litter the path as well. At the end you see a large metal grate, again with a board over it. This one however, is larger than the ones you had seen previously.

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia:
Vladimir:
Kryas:
Rordan:
Ludar:

[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 5has ended, round 6 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Kryas, Rordan, Ludar,

Missed Turns:
Rordan: 1
Ludar: .5

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Kryas: Light

Party HP
Vladimir: 12/15,
Kryas: 12/18,
Annia 7/17,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 95 rounds remaining
Bless, +1 on attack rolls and saves vs. fear - 9 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The grate was larger than the one before, if it was like the previous one, this one should be liftable as well. Annia started to carefully inspect the contraption however, to see if there were any oddities about it.

[spoiler]Search specifically on the grate on how its opened, and if there looks to be any simple traps.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 10 + 1, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir walked up next to Annia, inspecting the grate himself. "Do you think this one should be easy enough to move? It seems pretty similar." He said plainly. While he search around the grate, he also peered through it as best as he could, seeing if there might be anything waiting on the other side.

I hope we find this thing son, whatever it is, this place's stench is starting to work its way into my armor. That'll take forever to get out. Vladimir thinks to himself.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Search:  1d20+3 : 13 + 3, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15[/blockquote]
Note: Vladimir has darkvision within 60ft, and thus can spot things within 12 squares in line-of-sight[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"There's one way to find out... At the same time?" Annia asked as she proceeded to ready her hands to slide open the contraption.

[spoiler]She'll slide the grate open if there's no visible simple traps, and thatVladimir doesn't report anything odd in the distance.

Strength check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

Working his way around the boards, any opening found by Vladimir is blocked by a board on the other side of the grate. It seems that at some point this was the makeshift base for a group of brigands or something, not the best place to hang out, but at least it's free. The grate moves easily, perhaps too much so and Annia slams it home, seemingly by accident. A smell that is not quite sewer, but just as foul reaches the two as the grate finds its way to rest inside the wall. Webs cover much of the room, with various humanoid sized cocoons hanging from the ceiling, or laying on the ground. A few were not so fortunate, and are laying on the web covered ground, dead and decaying. However, between the two, Annia and Vladimir are unable to locate the origin of the web.

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia:
Vladimir:
Kryas:
Rordan:
Ludar:

[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 6 has ended, round 7 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Annia, Kryas, Rordan, Ludar,

Missed Turns:
Rordan: 1.5
Ludar: 1
Kryas: .5

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Kryas: Light

Party HP
Vladimir: 12/15,
Kryas: 12/18,
Annia 7/17,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 94 rounds remaining
Bless, +1 on attack rolls and saves vs. fear - 7 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The sight was troubling. There was a revulsion in Annia as she saw the cocoons which would have contained one thing; bodies. Not to mention the few that were simply rotting on the web-covered ground. She tried to resist the urge, but something about the bodies wrapped in the silken material seemed to draw Annia towards them.

[spoiler]Curious flaw check, with a DC of 11. Will save:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

The knight shook her head, as she steeled herself against the urge. The bodies were likely dead, and though they were indeed out of the ordinary, there were more dangers about. There would be no honor in simply prodding dead bodies around, and Annia was ashamed that she had even entertained the thought.

"Goddess, prithee that shall mend thine servant's wounds." As Annia spoke the words she moved her hands to where her wounds were, and on cue a light warm glow spread from her outstretch palm, healing her wounds.

[spoiler]Cure Light Wounds on self
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 4 + 1, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas moved down the hall directly behind the other, seeing the cocoons questions filled his head all making him extremely curious about the kind of spider that could have done so intricate weaving. Readying his bow in case something attempted to strike at one of them he tried to resist his own curisty and satisfy it by racking his mind for information.

[spoiler]curious save
Dc 11
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 18 + 5, total 23[/blockquote]

Dungeoneering check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 12 + 3, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir cringed at the sight. "Well, I believe we may have found the missing guards...some sort of arachnid must have done this." Immediately he begins looking around the room, peering into the darkness, especially along the walls and ceiling. "Careful not to pull at any web, if possible. Whatever did this can probably feel vibrations in the web, and it may alert it to our presence." His blades were silently drawn as he spoke, continuing to stay vigilant.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Listen:  1d20+2 : 19 + 2, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Search:  1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Mentally blocking the corpses around her, she continued to heal her wounds, the soft glow of light from her hands spreading to the wounds.

[spoiler]Annia will continue casting Cure Minor Wounds (heals 1 HP) on self, until something new happens.[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Better that we are on the side of caution." Annia looked over the various cocoons on the ground. Moving up to one but keeping her eyes alert, she began looking at it. Perhaps someone was still alive.

[spoiler]Take 20 on searching all the cocoons, to see if there is anyone still alive, or if the cocoons look like something inside is moving.
Search: 21[/spoiler]