[IC] Trouble in the Sewers

Started by Oath, November 18, 2013, 12:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Gil has led you across town to the sewer entry point. As you climb down the ladder you can hear Gil yelling to you.

"We put a torch down there to help out a bit.. At least you can see where you are stepping as you go down the ladder. We hope to see you come back alive, of course payment will be received upon your safe return. Best of luck, adventurers!"

Looking to the ground as you descend there is a small amount of water across the ground, it may not impede movement but it definitely gives the feeling of a sewer. A putrid smell wafts through the air as you begin to get your bearings. Definitely a sewer. construction seems to be that of some simple stone, nothing too intricate but functionality is more important in this type of structure. The ceiling, if that is what you want to call it stretches at least 25 feet the same distance that the party has just descended.

A torch sits in the middle of the north wall, near the ladder that seems to be the only way out of this situation.

The room appears to be 25 feet long, and 15 feet wide, enough for three to comfortably walk abreast across the length if it is desired. Two passage ways cut into the stone. One on the west, and one to the east. They are narrow, each being 5 feet wide. The distance they cover is unknown, as the torchlight does not yet reach inside. The wall cuts 15 feet down, to create a height of just 10 feet for the passageways. It seems clear that this is some sort of tunnel system to navigate the sewers.

After all three have made it to the bottom of the ladder, you find yourselves standing together pondering what course of action to take.

[spoiler]
Thron, let me know if you still want to be leveled down to one, with just three of you here.

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Kryas, Annia

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:

Party HP
Vladimir: 15/15,
Kryas: 7/7,
Annia 26/26,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map (sorry, grid didn't stick, i'll figure it out by the next post!)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas could not help but thank his woven heritage when he stepped into the muck below. While he could not see in complete darkness. He could find his way around such barely lit places better then most humans. They would need something to light the way however if they were to get anywhere fast. preferably something that would leave them with both hands free. Then he got hit with an interesting idea. Chuckling to himself while he mumbled the incantation he cast a Light spell on  the upper portion of Annia's body armor.

Oath

As Kryas chants his incantations, the Paladin's armor begins to glow in a manner fitting for a warrior of light. The light does not do too much for this room, as there is already a torch, but now the torch remains for any allies who are latecomers to the party. They will surely appreciate being able to see where they are placing their feet as they descend into the sewers.

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Annia

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Party HP
Annia 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 100 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The sewers were dank, and the smell was even worse to bear. She felt her stomach go queasy. Thankfully Annia was currently fasting, so there wasn't anything to vomit out. Though, as Annia's leggings were starting to get dirtied from brown bits of who knows what, Annia did her best to hold her disgust.

A soft chuckling pervaded her thoughts. It was Jin, the spirit who lived in her sword.

I can very well tell you don't want to be here. Annia stood her ground, she wanted to say something, but she knew Jin could probably feel what she was already thinking. Alright, I take that back. You would prefer if the sewers wasn't so dark and smelly.

Suddenly, her splintmail armor started glowing.

Well look on the bright side. Now it's bright and smelly! Annia ignored the ensuing laughter as she pulled out her sword and ventured forward.

"Thanks for the light Kryas." Annia said, not quite sure how to react. Though she did admit, it was kinda cool.

[spoiler]Annia will draw greatsword, and make her way south 20 ft., searching, spotting, and listening. She'll stop the moment she notices something.

[blockquote]Search 1d20+1 : 4 + 1, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Spot 1d20+3 : 19 + 3, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Listen 1d20+3 : 11 + 3, total 14[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir was in his element, for the dark is his ally. He could see everything without any trouble in the room when he reached the bottom of the ladder. The only problem was that he wished he couldn't. The smell definitely matched the look of the sewers; he did not want to be here longer than possible. He was already heading for the nearest hallway to look down the hall before Kryas cast a light spell.

"I'll scout the hallways, I can see in the dark fairly well." Vlad said, continuing to walk toward the east passage and look down it.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Search:  1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

TheBigJon

Rordan passes Gil while he approaches the entrance to the sewer. He flashed a wink at the knight and entered, a vile smell already sneaking towards him. A torch was left for him, and he might as well use it so as to not waste a spell. An insignificant cough came out of his mouth to alert the others that he was with them.

Huh. They're both scouting. Might as well follow.

His shortspear switched to his right hand and he walked next to the bard.

"After you, halfblood," Rordan had a slight sense of sarcasm, obviously because he, too, was a half-elf. He gestured in front of him, prepared to bring up the rear.

Oath

Vladimir and Annia make their way into the passage to the east. You notice the sewer water is a bit deeper in this passageway, a few inches high compared to just a small coating in the entryway. While it does not impede movement it is going to be leaving your boots smelling quite awful.

The two notice nothing out of the ordinary, the ceiling has dropped considerably to just 10 feet high. It also seems that the passage is T shaped, but what is on the other side of the bend remains a mystery. In the dimly lit end what appears to be a giant metal grate covered in wood for an unknown reason. from this distance that is about all that can be said of it, but perhaps upon closer inspection that may change.

As the party moves forward, Rordan can be heard descending into the sewers, both via the sound of footsteps on the metal ladder, and the cough he let out to alert the group to his presence. ending up right next to Kryas.

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia: Search 5, Spot 22, Listen 14.
Vladimir: Search 9, Spot 18.
[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 has ended, round 2 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Annia, Kryas, Rordan

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Party HP
Annia 10/10,
Rordan 6/6,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 99 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Ludar held his nose, tightly. The smell was dank, putrid and foul. He had other words that describe it, but thought those highly appropriate. He closed his eyes for a moment allowing his vision to adjust to the dark, The torch that Gil carried wasn't helping much as shadows danced on the walls, of course him being last in the sewer wasn't helping matters either. Ludar never though of himself as fast, but neither did he think of himself as slow and ponderous. (following Rordan)

Linwelin

Vladimir sighed, "Well, best take a look. I'll go first, and will let you know when the coast is clear." Cautiously, he crept down the hall, trying his best to not make a sound. As he spent the majority of his life doing this, it wasn't too hard. The difficulty was the (smelly) water at his feet. Gods, this is rank. Granted it's a great place to hide, no one will ever look if you don't cause trouble...you chose your spot well, whatever you are. To bad about the trouble part...

Vladimir finally made it to the end of the corridor, hugging the wall with his back and peering down both of the T-shaped directions.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Hide:  1d20+8 : 13 + 8, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Move Silently:  1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9[/blockquote]
At the end of the passage:
[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Search:  1d20+3 : 2 + 3, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

As the others behind her made their way forward. Annia stood by the side keeping her eye on the rogue. With a group as large as theirs, she didn't think that there would be any trouble. Then again, the guards that had come before ran into something. She took Vladimir's suggestion on this however, but she was prepared to rush in, in case the methuselan missed something.

[spoiler]Readied action to charge, if something attacks Vladimir. [/spoiler]

TheBigJon

Rordan walks with them, alongside the other latecomer and the bard. He makes an attempt to be stealthy, just in case.

[spoiler]Move silently: [1d20+3(dex)] 15 = 15 + 3 = 18 [/spoiler]

Oath

The party waits as the rogue steps forward, Annia moving slightly as she prepares to defend Vladimir in-case something goes awry.

As Vladimir inches his way down the passage, at the junction he finds another passage leading to a metal grate surprisingly similar to the one that has already been seen. Upon closer inspection of the grate it looks like it is made of iron, and is decently old. The wood that has been attached to it on the other hand, seems to be quite a bit newer. Looking down, you notice a groove in the stone that is full of water but appears to be a track for the grate to slide across. How much noise it would make while sliding open is another question entirely, but at least it looks like this particular passageway is not a dead end. 

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia:
Vladimir: Hide 21, Move Silently 9, Search 9, Spot 18.
Kryas:
Rordan: Move Silently 18
Ludar:
[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 has ended, round 2 in progress - Still to move: Kryas,
Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Kryas: Light

Party HP
Annia 10/10,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 99 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas follows Annia keeping his current distance still chuckling slightly at his visual pun. "A lady of faith with a godly aura." he laughed quietly eyes sparkling.

"Could not have been more fitting for her if I tried" he said under his breath amused greatly. He meant it as a compliment of course Annia was a very kind person from Kryas' experience and the shinning light showed her convictions if not a little flamboyantly. Though he did find it curious how she seemed preoccupied every now and again out of the blue. He even caught her glancing at her blade every now and again in a manner that he could not quite place. Perhaps this riddle would help keep his mind focused and away from the smell and gushing dirty water that circled at their feet.

Throndir

"Anything out there?" Annia called out, trying to hush her voice, but at the same time hoping Vladimir could hear. She turned back towards the others behind her, and beckoned them forward.

[spoiler]Annia will wait for Vlad's response. If it looks clear, she'll move 20 ft. east.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir made note of the condition of the grate for later, I'll be coming back for this, I can tell. But for now, I need to make sure the other passage is clear, just in case.[/b] With that plan confirmed, Vlad backtracked as silently as he could to the junction.

Quote"Anything out there?"

"Nothing yet." He responded, matching her tone, making sure it didn't echo down the new passage. He then showed them a hold signal, venturing a look down the corridor.

[spoiler]
Moves back to the junction, looking down it for the 60ft he can see, making sure nothing was close by.
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Hide:  1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28
Move Silently:  1d20+8 : 11 + 8, total 19
Spot:  1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_