[IC] Rivals (Group 2)

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2013, 08:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InhumanRonin

"Cursed Wolves i hope this ends soon this citizen looks to be in dire straights.  Notches another arrow and lets it fly [spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote]If it Hits [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Neko

For the first time since they started, a hint of concern played across the elves features.
But, she did not hesitate - Aria continued firing at the wolves.

[spoiler]
Attacking Wolf #1 with rapid shot.

Attack Roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote]
If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote]

Attack Roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 17 + 8, total 25[/blockquote]
If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote]

[/spoiler]

Throndir

Ryine swung his warhammer fluidly even though his first attack missed. He aimed it at the wolf's head, but the creature was able to just narrowly dodge the attack. Arrows flew behind him, and though the skeletal wolves were resistant to the attacks, the arrows were well-placed. This didn't deter the wolves however, as they continued to attack Ryine. With ease however, the fighter held his ground, using his shield, hammer, and sidestepping whenever he could.

[spoiler]Henon, since all skeletons are now engaged with Ryine, after this round, you'll be suffering -4 for shooting into melee. Except Aria who has that feat.
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Ryine attacks and misses.
Henon attacks and hits.
Henon deals 1 damage (5 absorbed).
Aria attacks and hits.
Aria deals 2 damage (5 absorbed).
Skeletal wolves attack Ryine. They all miss.
Round 4 ends.
Round 5 begins.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 4 in progress - Still to move: Ryine, Henon, Aria, Skeletal Wolf 1, Skeletal Wolf 2, Skeletal Wolf 3

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeletal Wolf 1: 8
Skeletal Wolf 2: 8
Skeletal Wolf 3: 10
Citizen: 9, dying, (less than 9 rounds until death)

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:

Party HP
Henon: 7/7,
Aria: 14/14,
Ryine: 19/26,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

After narrowly avoiding the maw of one of the skeletal wolves, Ryine attempts to bring his hammer down hard on the offender with all his might.

[spoiler]
Attacking the same one again
{attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]
if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

Growing concern starts to creep into my mind but I have to force that into the back of my mind. There is no way we are going to screw this up. I again draw an arrow and fire at the wolf closes to me. [spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote] if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

GG - Henon     

Neko

Finding her arrows weren't doing as much as she'd like, Aria decided to wield her falchion instead. She charged forward, her long legs carrying her quickly through the streets.

[spoiler]
Attacking wolf #1, using falchion.

Attack Roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]

If Hit [blockquote]Rolled 2d4 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

[/spoiler]

Throndir

Within moments, the tide started to turn. As Aria charged towards the wolf, Ryine managed to down the skeleton he was fighting. Aria too managed to land the finishing blow on the skeletal wolf that had already been whittled down from the arrows she and Henon shot at it. There was only one wolf left. Like any skeleton, it only had its one purpose on mind as it ignored the re-death of its companions and still only mindlessly attacked the warrior. Both of its attacks were easily blocked by the trained fighter however.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 4 ends.
Roung 5 begins.
Ryine attacks and hits.
Ryine deals 11 damage.
Skeletal wolf 3 dies.
Henon attacks and misses.
Aria charges and hits.
Aria deals 6 damage (5 absorbed).
Skeletal wolf 1 dies.
Skeletal wolf 2 attacks Ryine and misses.
Round 5 ends.
Roung 6 begins.
Skeletal wolf 2 attacks Ryine and misses.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 6 in progress - Still to move: Ryine, Henon, Aria

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeletal Wolf 1: 14, dead
Skeletal Wolf 3: 21, dead
Citizen: 9, dying, (less than 8 rounds until death)

Party HP

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

Seeing two of the skeleton wolves crumble into a mere pile of bones brought some amount of relief to Ryine. He knew that he could not rest however, as one of the mindless aberrations was still standing.

"Aria, can you do something to help out this wounded citizen? That may be a more valuable use of your time at this point with just one left standing!"

Ryine started to notice the more that he went places with various guild members, the more often he seemed to be in command of a situation. While it wasn't usually his thing, he was starting to like it. He could keep his composure and help calm down his allies while being in the thick of things. It was rare to have the trust of those you worked with before he came to the guild, and even those who are new seem to have faith in his veteran warrior status.

After calling out to Aria, and thinking for a moment, Ryine resumed his attack aiming a mighty swing at the ribs of the last remaining wolf.

"Let my hammer strike true and end the existence of this foul creature!"

[spoiler]{Attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]
If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 5 + 3, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

Whew that was starting to get hairy. How is everyone fairing down there? Notches up what I hope is the last shot [spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][/spoiler]

GG - Henon     

Throndir

Aiming for the ribs, Ryine had hoped to bring the last wolf down. But as the hammer came crashing in, the wolf leapt, just narrowly missing anywhere where it could have done damage. Henon's arrow hit true, though, it had only knocked the skeletal wolf, and did no real damage.

[spoiler]
Ryine attacks and misses.
Henon attacks and hits.
Henon deals 0 damage (5 absorbed). Attack ineffective.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 6 in progress - Still to move: Aria

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Citizen: 9, dying, (less than 8 rounds until death)

Party HP

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Neko

Aria quickly turned her attention to the wounded man as Ryine had suggested, keeping her falchion in one hand just in case. In a rush of long silvery hair, the elf was knelt beside him, her free hand at the man's neck wound. "It will be ok..." She said, although her voice was hardly audible. 

[spoiler]
Casting cure light wounds on the citizen.
[/spoiler]

Oath

[spoiler]Posting in advance since I may be a bit busy later tonight[/spoiler]

Recovering from his fumble, Ryine takes another swing at the skeletal wolf. This time hoping to strike true and gain a moment of rest.

[spoiler]{attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]
if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 3 + 3, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

The dark skinned man opened his eyes as the glow from Aria's spell spread throughout his wounds. Ryine on the other hand bashed the last remaining skeletal wolf. It too fell into a heap of bones.

"Thanks!" His eyes were wide. "There's a lot more in the square south east of here... I was just there! And they said Ternadan was a safe city."

[spoiler]
Aria casts Cure Light Wound
Round 6 ends.
Round 7 begins.
Ryine attacks and kills skeletal wolf.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 6 in progress - Still to move: Aria, Henon

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeletal Wolf 2: 14, dead
Citizen: stable

Aria
Cure Light Wounds

Party HP

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

How is everyone holding up down there. I shout down to the rest of the group. I am going to climb a little higher up to see if there is any thing else coming this way. I proceed to unfasten the grappling hook from the climb here and proceed to throw to the higher portion of the building. [spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 2 + 6, total 8[/blockquote] If successful then proceed to climb up [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote] [/spoiler]

GG - Henon     

Throndir

Attempting to climb the rope Henon threw up at the ledge, Henon slipped, making no progress going upwards.

"Oh gods, there's one now." The man looked crossly at Aria who had healed him and glanced at Ryine. "Someone help me up will you? I don't want to be here when that things arrives!" He contiued almost angrily.

[spoiler]Note that anyone can post btw.

Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Henon throws grappling hook.
Henon attempts to climb but fails.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 6 in progress - Still to move: Aria

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Citizen: stable, but still wounded