[IC] A Blatant Challenge: Round 1

Started by Lance, November 20, 2012, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

Amidst the cheers of the crowd, Faus roared across the battlefield, as if bull rushing young girls was the most glorious thing ever invented, only to be quickly foiled in his attempt. The armored man's eyes then narrowed at the young girl who stood only 5 ft across from him.

"What...?"
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Oath

I decide to keep moving in the direction I was, as it is the fastest way for me to close the gap. Hopefully Branwen does not die before I get there.

[spoiler] I move 3 square north-west again. [/spoiler]

Eireleen

The figure in Faus's eyes seemed to stand still as he made his wild charge, a desperate attack brought on by fear. But his blade fell right through it, as though it were a ghost. The form remained unmoving, disregarding the attack completely.

You strike only at shadows.

The dread intensified, the ringing of his ears becoming louder and louder. It was then that he realized that it was not ringing, but screaming. The screaming of a thousand, a million sealed horrors, the sound emanating directly from the inside of his ears.

The pit began to fill with blood and flesh, raining down from above. The smell was incomparable to that of rotting meat. It was a bloody miasma that choked his soul. And as Faus looked up, he saw the source of the blood - it was the tears of the innumerable, demonic eyes that now took the place of the stars in the night sky.

I will break your mind.

Piece,

by piece,

by piece.

The mouths of jagged teeth in the sky were the source of the screaming in his ears. It grew louder and louder, as the eyes seemed to grow larger. They screamed for his mind, his body, and his soul. And they aimed to devour all three.

Shadowy, clawed hands reached down from the sky, taking hold of Faus's waist, arms, legs, and neck. Then, they dragged him through the bloody air, up to the waiting horrors above. The jagged mouth opened expectantly, ready to consume his soul.

He was eaten. The horrid fangs rent his body, taking off his limbs and crushing his head. But he did not die. He would never die. There were yet more eyes within the dark mouth, twitching with glee, as they knew that his suffering would be eternal. For all of time, this mouth was his cage. He was doomed to be torn apart, dying over and over and over again, for all eternity, in unending torment.

[spoiler]Branwen takes a 5 foot step back and casts Cause Fear again.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Lance

Arena Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

QuoteRound 3
Status
Branwen

HP: 9/9
Faus
HP: 13/13
Ryine

Will save: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 11 + 1, total 12[/blockquote]

Oath

Seeing Faus become feared by Branwen's magic, I decide that it will be best to stay at range for a while. I draw my short bow and approach Faus slowly.

[spoiler] I move 20 feet north [/spoiler]

Lance

Involuntarily, the armored man started to took a few steps back...

"..."

...and started running as far as he could from this living nightmare.

Dimly, he recognized a light ahead and redoubled his efforts.

[spoiler]Smack!

Running 60 ft North (touching far wall)[/spoiler]

Arena Map:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Eireleen

The night was silent, but only as silent as night ever was. The crowd was hushed, and the air was filled with the screeching of cicadas, and of the sobs of a broken man.

Branwen stood with the same expression she had when she entered. The spectacle lay bare for all the guild to see - Her opponent lie cowering in fear in the fetal position, against a wall at the far side of the arena.

"Preposterous." She spoke coldly, knowing that he was too wrapped up in his own hallucinations to even hear her. Of course, he was the only one that saw the horrors. To all onlookers, it seemed merely as though he were seized by a sudden fright of the girl, and ran. "You flood the Guild with your idiotic posters, dragging anyone who will watch down to this sorry excuse for an event. And this is the outcome. I have not even drawn my sword, and you have already turned tail and fled." Her words dug into him deeper than any blade. "The name Faus Kaldon shall be remembered indeed. It is the name of a spineless imbecile, who made reckless challenges to combat, only to not succeed in making a single blow, and soil his pants like an infant upon the mere sight of his enemy."

She turned and walked away. Her voice and her steps contained not a single trace of pity or remorse. Even if she yet had the capacity to feel such things, she could give none of it to a man such as this. "I wash my hands of this foolishness." She declares, making her way to the gate from which she entered. "Do not waste my time with your egotistical dribble ever again."

[spoiler]Branwen double moves south, leaving the arena[/spoiler]

Lance

QuoteRound 4
Status
Branwen

HP: 9/9
Faus
Feared (1 round remaining)
Ryine

Arena Map:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]Faus' turn will be spent sitting there "huddled on the wall" ;p
Grab those free attacks while you can xD[/spoiler]

Oath

I approach and fire my shortbow in hopes of landing a hit.

[spoiler] I move 2 squares diagonally north-west, and 1 square north before firing.

{Attack roll} [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote]

If hit: [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote] [/spoiler]

Lance

The arrow bounces off Faus' armor, seeming to only help him recover his senses.

Arena Map:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

QuoteRound 5
Status
Faus
Ryine

The armored man quickly looked around, then merely shrugged.

[spoiler]Drawing Javelins and attacking
Attack:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 12 + 3, total 15[/blockquote]
Damage:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+3 : 2 + 3, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

I approach Faus, drawing my Longsword on the way and ready a strike.

[spoiler] I end 1 square south of Faus
{Attack roll} [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]

If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Lance

[spoiler]Faus' maneuvers should've reset last turn, so I'll add those in +1 from this turn

• Crusader's Strike
  • Crusader's Strike
  • Crusader's Strike
  • Stone Bones
  • Charging Minotaur
[blockquote]Rolled 1d5 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Lance

Maneuvers Granted
[spoiler]Crusader's Strike x 2
Stone Bones
Charging Minotaur
[/spoiler]

Once again, the hit glance off, and once again, Faus countered, drawing his own long sword. Only this time, the man readied his blade perpendicular to his body, focusing his energy into the attack.

[spoiler]Strike: Stone Bones
Attack:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote]
Damage:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d3+3 : 3 + 3, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

I swiftly dodge the attack and strike again, hoping to find a weakpoint in Faus' armored body.

[spoiler]{Attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]

If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 3 + 3, total 6[/blockquote]

Lance

Round 7
Status
Faus:

13/13
Ryine:
13/13

Map

Maneuver Granted:
[spoiler]Crusader's Strike[/spoiler]

Gripping his blade firmly in hand, Faus struck again.

Attack:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 10 + 4, total 14[/blockquote]

Damage:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote]