[OOC] Oglen the Ogre

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 06:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

There's enough interest me for to start it. I'll give it two more days for people to sign up, then we're off to find the ogre!

Throndir

3 people enough for it? I can start early if all three agree to try. Don't forget the death rules I have. Rules on Death.

Oath

If anyone else wants to start it, I'd be game but... it might be better to wait at least until tonight to see if others want to join in.

Emperor Wilbers

Throndir

I'll start this today. I'll let one late comer join, but just one. That is first come first server, so if any of you other RPers are reading this, feel free to sign up at the Mission Board thread.

Throndir

Because of the fact that the lights are limited (just 10 rounds), I'm going to pretend that combat rules are in effect, thus each post is equivalent to a player's turn. So I'll have to reduce the amount of steps you guys took to just your maximum movement rate. I'll count your posts as a move action + move action post.

Emperor Wilbers

Oath

Just gotta say when that ogre bashed me with the club, this song is pretty much the first thing that came to mind as boss battle music. XD

http://youtu.be/BUmrc4RadMI

Throndir

Doom doesn't have any dice rolls that you should do. The target just needs to roll a will save to see if it affects it.

Emperor Wilbers

Quote from: Throndir on November 22, 2012, 07:42:28 PM
Doom doesn't have any dice rolls that you should do. The target just needs to roll a will save to see if it affects it.

Oh. Okay. -_-

Linwelin

Just one more step and Oath and I get flanking >.<
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Officially ending the RP. All extra posts from this point on in the play thread will be considered as Freeform, and as a result I'll include Freeform exp. Regardless of this, I will still lock the play thread after a few days.

I've already awarded the party their exp and amount of coins earned at the death of Oglen. I want the participants, or the readers who kept up with the RP to do the questionnaire:

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=syl7vupo8jh5vws55637

Ignore the ad once you hit the "submit" button.

Need or greed roll these. It's just a regular 1d20. Since Ryine managed to deal the finishing blow to the chest, his rolls get a +5 modifier. There is an identification store in town, likewise you may choose to do use skills or spells to attempt to discern the properties of unidentified items.

Old Worn Down Chest
Longsword, masterwork (unidentified)
Amulet (unidentified)
Ring (unidentified)
200 coins
Boots (unidentified)

Oath

I'll roll Need on the sword, and also suggest that we just split the coins between us.

Need roll on Longsword, Masterwork (Unidentified) [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25[/blockquote]

Linwelin

Greed:
[blockquote]Coins:  1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

Need: (since I don't know what they are, I'll hand off the ones I can't use XD )
[blockquote]Amulet:  1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Ring:  1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Boots:  1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

Need Roll as well, and after identification will pass out to others if on no use to myself.

Amulet (unidentified)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
Ring (unidentified)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
Boots (unidentified)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]