CH 1 - An Invitation

Started by pringerbeam, February 12, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

The man looks deeply into your eyes for an excrutiatingly long second before sheathing his blade.  "Unfortunately for you you've done fouled up.  If your intentions are so pure, then you will come with me.  My job is to keep his lordship safe, not pretty.  The rest of you can get back to work."  The tension of the air relaxes greately and the servants get back to work, making sure to give the two of you a wide berth.  He reaches out and gets a very firm grip on your shoulder and steers you towards the door to the aft of the ship.

[info]The man initiates a partial grapple on you.  If you wish to escape, you may initiate combat with surprise.[/info]

Mysticsage

Jace had sold the lie regardless of the intended affect now was the time to put on the pressure if he was going to get thrown off the boat. Before leaving he did a quick scan to make sure that the kitchen had portable burners a key for almost any ship needing to economize space as a glimmer of a plan took form. Parties like this always needed entertainment and he would be more then happy to put on a show if need be. It was going to be a gamble but then when was not fighting for survival not a gamble?

For the moment he didn't struggle and allowed himself to be slightly pinned. He tried his best to read his new helper's body language to see if he was getting ready to throw him overboard or to his master like a cat with a mouse. "Where are we going?" He asked attempting to keep his voice calm. He would start screaming and drawing attention if he thought he was being shafted but if he was going to be presented then all the better for his plan. He had a bet to place with the Lord Darby.

[info]
Using Empathy to try and read the guard and see if I can get more info about what he's planning to do with me before hand to set up my next few steps of the plan.
Empathy presence adding +2 die for common skill get +2 black die
[blockquote]Rolled 4d6 : 3, 2, 6, 3, total 14[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]exploding 6s
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Extra d6
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

incase of explosion
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Black pool
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 2, 4, 3, 2, 2, total 13[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info]From what you can tell, the man doesn't seem intent on harming you in any way.  Nor does he seem intent on discharging you from the boat.  He does seem intent on keeping you detained.  His trust in you seems to be minimal.[/info]

Mysticsage

For now Jace will wait and see what happens not looking to press his luck until the proper moment. He made sure to keep his eyes open and watching for anything odd including the general layout of the ship. "What's your name sir?" He asked just trying his best to break the ice.
[info]
Wits Perception
check just to see what I can see and learn
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 4, 6, 2, 4, 1, total 17[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Exploding 6s
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

"I am Lord Darby's bodyguard and that is all you need to know."  The man took you out onto the aft deck, the dark city lit by sparse lamplight in the background.  Here, there were no partygoers, only servants and the boat's sailor compliment taking a break fromtheir duties.  The man points ot one of the sailors leaning on the rails, watching the paddle wheel turn.  "You, I need to come with me."  The sailor shrugs and follows the two of you as you round a corner into a corridor which leads to the front of the ship.  The bodyguard opens up a slatted door revealing the storage for the steamboat's life preservers.  "You are going to stay in here for the duration of the party and if you manage that, we can talk about seeing if you can be hired onto his lordship's staff."  He turns to the sailor.  "You, keep an eye on him.  I'll be back when you need to prepare for mooring."  With that the bodyguard turns down the hallway to where the sounds of the party continue.

Mysticsage

Jason sighed now staring in the dark of a closet. "Well I can't say this was not totally unexpected." He needed to start rethinking his plan his lie was still a worthwhile usage.  But he had to gather himself first. Locating Holt would be a good step foward in terms of the first thing and he was worried that his wounds might have opened up. He took a moment closing his eyes and shutting out the sounds of the party limiting himself to the smell.

[info]Perception wits smell looking for Holt and fresh blood
+2 for smell and +2/Black dice for common check
[blockquote]Rolled 9d6 : 5, 5, 3, 4, 3, 4, 6, 3, 3, total 36[/blockquote]
[/info]
---
"Nobleman am I right," he called out to the sailor at the other end of the door. "Who the hell throws someone in a closet? Now we've both got to sit here for who knows how long sorry about this man. I simply wanted to work in the kitchen I'm good too." he said loud enough for the sailor to hear. "Name's Carol what's yours?"

[info]Charm to get to the sailor chatting.
+2/black Dice for common skill
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 3, 3, 3, 5, 3, 4, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
Exploding 6 smell
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Black Dice
Smell Check
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 1, 4, 4, 1, 2, total 12[/blockquote]

Charm Check
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

There must be something you're allergic to in the musty mouldy dark because you sneeze with your deep inhalation.  Your eyes begin to water slightly as your sinuses suddenly feel clogged.  The sailor pays little mind and merely leans back onto the door obscuring anything you might have been able to see between the slats with his buttocks.  He fishes a pouch of of his pocket but then hesitates and puts it back, grumbling under his breath.

[info]Foul Failures
You are denied your keen smell bonus for the remainder of the scene.
The sailor sounds upset and hostile.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
Perception to figure out what was in the pouch.
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 2, 4, 5, 1, 4, total 16[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

Straining in the dim light you can barely make out two letters Ch-.  However, before you are able to get a better look the sailor stands up and you hear him speak.  "'Ey, yer not supposed to be back hea-urk!"  The sailor is slammed against the door.  He struggles a little and you hear a soft gurgling sound.  The sailor slumps, once again obscuring your view.