Red-Colored Masks

Started by Throndir, September 14, 2016, 11:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Open to anyone. Max 2 players. 200 exp for joining.[/info]

"HALT passerby!" A man in the distance with a large brimmed hat, holding what looked to be a rapier in his hand, wearing a red-colored mask spoke out. This was the road heading towards Ternadan, just an hour away from the large and bustling city. It was common to see other travelers, but none who were usually as strangely dressed as the one just about 60 ft. away from you.

"We have fallen on hard times! Yes! Your protectors!" He declared as he pointed his rapier straight at you. With his other free hand he snapped his fingers, and soon enough 4 others appeared, each wearing a red-colored mask. Two from the left and two from the right.

"The blood we've shed, and the effort we've put into protecting our dear city Ternadan." He continued as he moved his hand to his face for dramatic effect and flare.

"It has left us dry, wounded, and without money to spare... And so dear traveler!"

Each of the four others had smirks on their faces.

"We, the Guild of Galas'nor, has decided to tax these roads. 50 gold coins shall do the trick." He winked as he drew forth his cape showing the emblem etched into it.

It looked very much like your guild's emblem.

Linwelin

Kin watched with disinterest as the flamboyant 'vigilante' stepped forward. To be honest, he was expecting an act from a theater troupe. It wasn't until the declaration that they were from the Guild of Galas'nor and were attempting to tax the road that Kin's interest was sparked.

"Hoooo~? Guild of Galas'nor you say? Not a theater troupe? So you're telling me that you 'guild members'-" He says this dryly and with a disbelieving emphasis as he steps forward, "-are going to tax a fellow member? Doesn't that seem a bit counter productive?" Kin is sure to show his own emblem to the bunch.

"Might I ask what you lot have done to protect this city?"

[info]Rolling Sense Motive and Intimidate[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Intimidate:  1d20+4 : 19 + 4, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Sense Motive:  1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Wolfrin Fenris

Kynnstitia watched the events unfolding from tree cover nearby. These fools had stopped one too many passerby, and one of them had gone straight to the guild to question what gave them the right to tax a road. She had been sent out to see what exactly was happening and put a stop to it. She'd been waiting in hiding here for hours while passerby came and went without a probem. Finally a lone traveler had appeared, and apparently this bunch had decided he was easy pickings.

Kynnstitia couldn't help but laugh out loud, hiding or no.

She was ready to jump out and assist at a moments notice but she decided to let this play out. Afterall, she'd never battled alongside the fellow, but she recognized one of the more notorious members of the guild. This ought to be good!

[spoiler]Let me know if i need a stealth check[/spoiler]
BEEP

Throndir

[info]Go ahead and roll stealth.[/info]

Wolfrin Fenris

[spoiler]Hahaha, damn. This should be good. Stealth roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-7 : 20 - 7, total 13[/blockquote][/spoiler]
[spoiler]When, not if, I fail that, please have me fail it in a spectacularly hilarious fashion  ;)[/spoiler]
BEEP

Throndir

[info]Opposed Perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 3 + 6, total 9[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[include u=333,2]Kin
You noticed some rustling in the bushes to the side as well, and you managed to catch sight of something scaly but armored. You weren't sure who the particular character was, or if they were aligned with the individuals before you now.

You couldn't recognize any of the supposed guild members. For all the years you've been with the guild, this group in particular wasn't one you recognized. Nor have you heard of any guild member donning any sort of red-colored mask. At the very least you found it hard to discern whether or not the man was trying to deceive you. Aside from that, you weren't aware of any sort 'taxation' that the guild of Galas'nor imposed on the city. It was much the other way around in fact. More often than not, the guild would owe the city money.

Your declaration as a guild member, even showing the masked individuals your guild emblem seemed to have taken them aback. However the first one did continue.
[/include]

[include u=356,2]Wolfrin
In the distance you see another set of travelers coming your way. It would still be at least a couple of minutes until they arrived, and it looked like it was some sort of caravan. You see Kin show off his emblem as he made a threatening move forward. The men seemed to not have expected it, and though you weren't as dexterous or skilled with hiding as some other peers, the individuals weren't able to detect you.
[/include]

"A-ah well, you see..." The man stammered, but he tried to regain his composure. You notice him glance towards his companions, and a short moment after that faced you again. He was still shaky, but he managed a bow.

"My mistake then!" He said as he stepped once to the side as he gestured the way forward his free hand. You can tell he was sweating.

"Keep up the good work! We'll keep these roads clear."

Linwelin

Kin smirked knowingly, "I don't know what you all are trying to pull, but you obviously aren't familiar with me if you think running will help! Also..." The halfling crouched into a lunging pose. "BREAKING GUILD RULES AS A MEMBER!? JUST TRY ESCAPING FROM ME!" The Guild of Galas'nor certainly would appreciate more funds, but taxation for protection was out of the question. Every member was there for some form of adventure or living. The pocket change of these citizens would never quench that thirst for riches and adventure.

"WE'RE NOT SOME SORT OF MAFIA OR BANDITS!"

Kin cased the group of running individuals, then leapt forward, pouncing onto the most likely to hold leadership.

"Wait a minute..."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Acrobatics for Leaping Dragon:  1d20+27 : 14 + 27, total 41[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CMB for grapple/takedown:  1d20+8 : 13 + 8, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Wisdom check for recognizing that this was bandit behavior:  1d20+2 : 9 + 2, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Knowledge (local) check for recognizing these guys as bandits or something:  1d20+5 : 3 + 5, total 8[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[include u=333,2]Kin
Although not quite the normal bandit behavior you would see of 'attack first ask questions later', this was indeed highway robbery in every sense of the word. However, you don't recognize these particular bandits. Nor does red-masks ring any bells.
[/include]

Kin suddenly leapt forward. The act was too quick to follow, but to the rapier-wielding, red-mask wearing, supposed guild member's credit, he managed to attempt a lunge forward with his weapon. Though, as expected, it missed awkwardly. You managed to tackle him down, grappling him down, as he struggled.

[info]Surprise round over. Roll initiative. Kynnstitia as well.[/info]
"Get him off me!" The man said as both of the man and Kin struggled on the ground. The other four red-masked individuals stared at each other for a moment, but eventually began closing in.

Linwelin

Kin begins laughing, grinning in his usual overexcited manner as he sees the other members turning to confront him. "You really DON'T know me! If you think numbers mean anything when fighting me, you better be prepared for disappointment."

The halfling was happy that he seemed to choose the right person as the leader, quickly making sure he leveraged the little weight he had, around 60 pounds with all his gear, and held the man below him on the ground effectively. Once secure, he shook him, forcing his face into the dirt. Once that was secure, Kin took one final gambit.

Sucking in as much air as he could, Kin belted out an echoing yell. "THESE RED MASK GUYS AREN'T GALAS'NOR! THEY'RE HIGHWAYMEN! GALAS'NOR WOULD NEVER TAX THEIR CHARGES! GET THESE LOSERS!"

He sighed, then turned his eyes back to the group, shaking the one below him once more. "Your move, chumps. Sacrifice your leader, or sacrifice your lives."

[info][blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+7 : 5 + 7, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Intimidate:  1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Wolfrin Fenris

[spoiler]Kynnstitia's initiative roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]
BEEP