[IC] In Defense of the Guild: Vault

Started by Throndir, June 22, 2016, 07:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The attempted trip failed, and though you reached out with your weapon's backside to trip her, she managed to keep her ground as she stumbled slightly back, though still with the artifact in hand.

QuoteRoll20 Grid: https://app.roll20.net/join/2018883/_ZacJg

Log
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Winged Man attacks and hits Arelia. Arelia disappears.
Ryine full round attacks Winged Man but misses both.
Kin moves 10 ft. NE, avoiding AoO, then uses Leaping Dragon to move 35 ft. east. Then invokes Total Defense.
Jorn skipped.
Ana 5 ft. steps closer to artifact, pulls it out as a move action, standard action on casting a spell aimed at Kin. Kin uses Counter and succeeds. Invisibility wears off.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins.
Winged Man charges at Kin, provokes AoO from Ryine, but Ryine misses. Deals 16 damage to Kin.
Ryine charges and deals 29 damage to Winged Man.
Kin 5-ft. steps east. Attempts to disarm, and is successful.
Jorn skipped. (2nd)
Ana attempts to pick up Sword of Galasnor. Provokes AoO from Kin. Kin's AoO misses. Ana has Standard action left.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Winged Man
Ryine
Kin
Jorn
Anastasia?[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Winged Man: 29, Defending the Pride (+4 AC, 1 round), [include u=2]Riven Hourglass Stance (+4 AC, encounter),Bless (+1 atk/dmg, encounter), Bulls Strength (+2 atk/dmg, encounter)
[/include]
Ryine:
Kin: 16, Formless Dance (see invisibility and blur)
Jorn:
Anastasia?: 0, Defending the Pride (+4 AC, 1 round on Winged Man's turn), [include u=2]Mage Armor (+4 AC, encounter), Energy Retort (encounter), Shield (+4 AC, encounter), Bulls Strength (+2 atk/dmg, encounter)
[/include][/spoiler]

Fallacia

QuoteMy mistake here, jumped the gun with Xantaeus' action. Fallacia had done a move action to pick up the item which triggered an AoO, she'll proceed with her standard action. (Long span of inactivity made me forget what was happening lol)

Once she had successfully prevented from being tripped, Fallacia had grabbed the sword, and started to move towards the winged man just 5-feet away from her.

"Xantaeus! We're escaping. We have the sword." A moment after that, she traced some runes in the air as Xantaeus rushed to her as well. A purple glow came from her fingertips, and shortly after that the two vanished. The primary light source, which had been the Sword of Galas'nor had vanished with the two invaders as well. It dark, save for the last remaining traces of energy still coursing through the crystals that made up the caverns. Yet, even that began to dwindle fast, as the light slowly began to fade and become more and more dimmer. Soon enough you knew it would become dark.

Linwelin

Those are not words I want to hear...! Kin thinks to himself in alarm, his expression only becoming more solemn as he rushes toward them to attempt another disarm. Seeing the runes that 'Ana' begins to cast, panic rises within him. In desperation, Kin dives toward the duo, his hand moments from the guild's sword. He begins to grasp his fingers in a grab.

Just as the spell completes, a purple glow flashing and leaving no trace of the intruders.

"NO!" He shouted has his hand whiffed through now-empty air.

Kin skids across the ground, not quite catching himself and landing on his hands and knees, his greatsword clattering onto the ground beside him. Everything is still; the room has become quiet and dark. And darker still are the emotions that have boiled over within the halfling swordsman's mind. He clenches his fists against the ground and grits his teeth before pounding down a fist.

The sword is gone...Arelia was hit by that weird spell and is gone...And if my eyes weren't mistaken, so is Ana. But there was no emotional link, so it couldn't have been her...Could it? She even had the same Galas'nor hair tie as Ana, so it was hard to say they aren't the same person...Everything is wrong. It's all wrong. Wrong. WRONG! She wouldn't betray me. She couldn't. She-

A few memories suddenly flow together. A certain man assaulting her with skeletons the day she was found in the troll cave, warning that she was a dangerous entity. The trace of cold, chilling energy when she and Kin were first mentally linked. The warnings from the medical teams that she was mentally unstable in a strange manner from her powers. It's unknown where Ana's psychic powers originated, but an option could be that it was an external influence, like oracles or warlocks. Or not.

Kin's mind was in turmoil, straining him past his limits. There was a single phrase, repeating over and over again in his mind, growing stronger and breaking through his mental suppression.

I failed.

Though always impulsive and carefree for the most part, Kin had never completely failed to accomplish or protect something important. Not since the death of his close friend in his scouting days. No, since he had devoted himself to the sword and become disciplined, he'd never failed in this way. Never this hard.

After finally being unable to contain these despairing emotions, Kin did the only thing his body and mind would allow him. His body tensed even more as he lifted his head toward the ceiling of the vault.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHhhh!"

Kin roared. It was a guttural, soulful roar, yet bordering on being a wail. The pain in his voice was apparent as it trailed off, echoing throughout the dark, empty chamber. When the burden was heaviest, when he needed to succeed most, he could not rise to the challenge.

He had failed.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]