[Kin] Challenge Ladder

Started by Throndir, May 28, 2016, 05:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

[info]Fortitude save success![/info]

This time, the halfling was prepared for the stench and he just barely managed to stop a sudden wave of nausea.
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Linwelin

The attacks and constriction from the creature caught Kin by surprise. He groans in pain, realizing he can only live by doing one thing. "I have to retreat." The muttered statement echoed in his dull mind for a moment. How long had it been since Kin had to run backward to recover in a fight? It didn't sit well with him, but his pride wasn't so great that he didn't understand the worth of retreat in battle.

Kin could only hope that his small stature could help him in escaping this nauseating creature's grasp.

[info]Kin to use Escape Artist to flee. Not sure if it's a full-round or standard action. Either way, Kin plans to defer his action until after the creature this round.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Escape Artist:  1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Kin intended to wait out the creature's attack, use Altered Penumbra to counter, and full round recover maneuvers while retreating back 30 ft (does not provoke AoO)

[blockquote]Altered Penumbra (Stealth v Creature's Perception):  1d20+17 : 2 + 17, total 19[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Karma reroll:  1d20+17 : 7 + 17, total 24[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

[info]Escape Artist is a standard action, which means Kin still has a move action if he's willing to take it (doing so will provoke an AoO as normal)[/info]

"And our contestant's make-out session comes to a swift, abrupt end! However..."

"I'm starting to feel a little deja-vu here."

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Kin uses Total Defense! Defense has increased!
Creature moves forward 5 ft. Distance to target: 105 ft. (It's large-sized). It's not very effective...
Round 2 begins
Kin moves forward (Distance to target: 75 ft.) and uses Total Defense! Defense has increased!
Creature moves forward 10 ft. Distance to target 65 ft.
Round 3 begins
Kin moves forward (Distance to target: 35 ft) and uses Total Defense! Defense has increased!
Creature used charge attack! It missed! Distance to target: 5 ft.
Round 4 begins
Kin used Full Attack, dealing 32 damage! It's super effective!
Creature attacks, hits and deals 14 damage. It successfully grapples and deals 19 constrict damage.
Round 5 begins
Kin used escape artist! It's super effective!
Creature attacks and-
Kin used Altered Penumbra! It succeeds. Distance to target: 15 ft. (assuming you used the teleportation effect to get further away)
Round 6 begins
Kin uses Stalker Recovery! Counters recovered. Distance to target: 45 ft.
Creature resumes staring, only creeping forward a tiny margin. Distance to target: 40 ft.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Player: Indifferent[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 42, Formless Dance, Total Defense
Enemy: 32, Still STARING[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used
[spoiler]Player: [/spoiler]

Refreshes Remaining: 6

Player to move

Linwelin

Kin stares down the creature in expectation, then digs in his pack to retrieve a potion of red liquid. Quickly, he quaffs the brew, exhaling in satisfaction and dropping the bottle on the ground. He felt a bit of energy returning to him, and any bleeding he had halted. He was as renewed as he needed to be now. "Better. Now then, come at me, beast." Kin takes an offensive step forward, ready for round two.

[info]Kin quaffs a potion of cure light wounds, then shifts 5 ft toward the creature.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Cure light wounds:
[blockquote]Healing:  1d8+1 : 8 + 1, total 9[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

The creature appears to accept Kin's invitation, and once more doubles its pace.

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Creature moves forward 5 ft. Distance to target: 105 ft. (It's large-sized). It's not very effective...
Round 2 begins
Kin moves forward (Distance to target: 75 ft.) and uses Total Defense! Defense has increased!
Round 3 begins
Kin moves forward (Distance to target: 35 ft) and uses Total Defense! Defense has increased!
Round 4 begins
Creature attacks, hits and deals 14 damage. It successfully grapples and deals 19 constrict damage.
Round 5 begins
Creature attacks and-
Kin used Altered Penumbra! It succeeds. Distance to target: 15 ft. (assuming you used the teleportation effect to get further away)
Round 6 begins
Creature resumes staring, only creeping forward a tiny margin. Distance to target: 40 ft.
Round 7 begins
Kin moves closer and uses potion of cure light wounds, recovering 9 hitpoints. Distance to target: 35 ft.
Creature moves closer. Distance to target: 25 ft.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 33, Formless Dance, Total Defense
Enemy: 32, Still STARING[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used

Player to move

Linwelin

Kin grins at the creature's approach. "Perfect." It was within range now, within range of a surprise attack. Though Kin did not enjoy hit-and-run strategies, it was all he could do. "I'm well aware that I can't take another hit like that."

Kin dives in full force with a leaping strike, practically soaring through the air, arcing his blade overhead and into the creature's rotting figure. He follows up with two more strikes, hoping with all he had that this would down the strange beast.

[info]Leaping Dragon into Full Attack. Will roll Fort save. Preparing Altered Penumbra in case attack does not fell this thing.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Fort Save:  1d20+7 : 8 + 7, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Leaping Dragon:  1d20+27 : 11 + 27, total 38[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1:  1d20+12 : 13 + 12, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1:  3d6+5 : 3, 5, 2 + 5, total 15[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 2:  1d20+12 : 14 + 12, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 2:  3d6+5 : 2, 2, 3 + 5, total 12[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 3:  1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 3:  3d6+5 : 2, 1, 3 + 5, total 11[/blockquote]

If this does not kill it:
[blockquote]Altered Penumbra (Stealth v Perception):  1d20+17 : 7 + 17, total 24[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

"It seems the slime is finally on it's last legs!"

"...It has no legs."

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Round 2 begins
Round 3 begins
Round 4 begins
Round 5 begins
Creature attacks and-
Round 6 begins
Round 7 begins
Kin moves closer and uses potion of cure light wounds, recovering 9 hitpoints. Distance to target: 35 ft.
Creature moves closer. Distance to target: 25 ft.
Round 8 begins
Kin jumps the remaining distance and full-attacks, dealing 24 damage.
Creature attacks but is countered. Distance to target 15 ft.
Round 9 begins
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 33, Formless Dance, Total Defense
Enemy: 56, Still STARING[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used

Player to move

Linwelin

Kin can see that the oozing creature becoming unstable, he knew that the creature was close to falling, just as the announcers (and Roomie) had said. With a confident swing, Kin begins another series of strikes, hoping to finally be done with this atrocity. Plus, it smelled horrible, worse than the trolls caves he's experienced. And that was saying a lot.

[info]Full attack, hopefully the final one![/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Fort Save:  1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1:  1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1:  3d6+5 : 2, 6, 3 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 2:  1d20+12 : 20 + 12, total 32[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 2:  3d6+5 : 2, 1, 1 + 5, total 9[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 3:  1d20+12 : 19 + 12, total 31[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 3:  3d6+5 : 5, 4, 2 + 5, total 16[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

With a gloriously large explosion (of light), the slime finally leaves the arena.

[info]I'll let my bro handle the gold/exp/items. Feel free to go on a shopping spree! There's even an innocuous merchant wearing full armor nearby, who is busy pushing a cart full of healing potions (10% increased cost, but no limit on amount of potions bought!). Otherwise, the shops are always open, particular this one. When you're ready to head to next round, just roll perform and initiative.[/info]