[Dan] Pokemon Wishlist: Mantine

Started by Oath, February 08, 2016, 01:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[info]Dan Only![/info]

Wandering through the jungle, you stumble out of the brush into a more open area, a river leading to a body of water. You see a Mantine leaping out and soaring above the surface, majestically.

Linwelin

Dan's eyes light up at the sight. Seeing a leaping Mantine was certainly a rare sight. And for one to have come inland from the river delta was even rarer. They were known for being durable, however, so he wasn't too surprised. Then the thought occurred to him. Why not capture it...!

"Bolt, come on out! Do a shocking tackle into that Mantine!" The Shinx bounded forward from its Pokeball, charging up a leaping into the still-soaring Mantine. Dan didn't have much time, since he couldn't fight it in the water well. He grasped a Pokeball in his hands and threw it when the moment presented itself.

[info]Bolt uses an Electric-type Struggle.

Dan throws a Pokeball.

Rolls in following post.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Bolt:
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+20 : 1 + 20, total 21[/blockquote]

Dan's Pokeball (I THINK this comes after Mantine, depends on speed):
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Capture Check:  1d100 : 23, total 23[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

QuoteTRIPLE POST :D

Karma reroll on Pokeball accuracy, Will resolve myself.
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Bolt dives at the Mantine, landing its tackle but seeming to do some damage. The Mantine responds with a stream of bubbles, sending Bolt crashing to the ground in pain. After, Dan's throw struck true. the Mantine disappeared into the Pokeball, and it rocked shut on the ground.

[info] Both Pokemon take 33 damage and two injuries, Mantine is captured, no point in doing all the upkeep of stuff! moved to sheet and exp is resolved.[/info]

Linwelin

"Oh my- BOLT!" Dan rushed over to his partner, immediately kneeing down beside him. The ranger immediately broke out his first aid kit. "That was one heck of a blow. You alright, buddy?" The Shinx groaned in a manner that said yes, putting up as brave a face as possible, but it was obvious the blow had gotten him good. Dan took his time caring for his friend, but it was obvious that his injuries wouldn't heal as easily. "unless you don't mind resting a while, we'd best bring you to a Pokemon Center to get those looked at." The bubble barrage had impacted along his abdomen, as well as a focused strike on one of his back legs. Dan was glad the battle was fast; he wouldn't want his good friend fighting in this condition.

Once he'd wrapped Bolt as well as he could, it was time to retrieve his new Pokemon. It was unfortunate that the capture happened over a river, but luckily it had bounced back to the shoreline, settling into the muddy riverbed. Dan took a moment to wipe off the ball before releasing his catch, while Bolt hobbled over next to him. Dan reached over and petted the Shinx, "Ready to meet our new companion?" Bolt nodded excitedly. It was a quick, but rough fight, so Bolt had respect for the large ray Pokemon.

Dan held the ball out in front of himself, releasing the Mantine into the shallows. "Come on out, Mantine!" The ray Pokemon appeared in a flash into the water, peeking up to observe the slight change of surroundings. When she saw the Shinx that had attacked her, she became defensive, ready to attack again. Dan and Bolt quickly 'raised the white flag'. "No no no no no! Mantine, stop! We're not going to hurt you! I'm sorry for the surprise attack earlier, but you were moving fast and I needed to act. I'd like to treat your wounds. Can I?"

Dan motions to the way he'd patched up Bolt, and points to the decent bruise that Bolt had caused in the exchange.

The Mantine hesitated in the shallows, watching the duo carefully. She had not expected to see anyone in this area, but then again, she didn't wander up streams very often. Still, this person showed at least some prowess, and was not malevolent. And that little cat beside him endured an attack from her. They were strong, and the Mantine didn't wish to upset them. Still viewing them as a threat, the Mantine inched closer, until she was within Dan's reach.

Dan worked carefully, never aggravating the wound as he patched her up. After around 15 minutes, the Mantine felt much better, visibly so. However, both her and Bolts injuries remained, so it was still a bit difficult to move.

"For a Mantine such as yourself to wander into a river from the usual open waters you enjoy...you're quite the adventurous one, aren't you?" Dan smiled, half teasingly, at the now rather sheepish Mantine. The Pokemon seemed conflicted about whether or not this person was good. He'd interrupted her enjoyable swimming and jumping in the river, hurting and capturing her in the process. But then instantly brought her back out to treat her wounds. The immediate impression was that he was selfish and forceful, but now she was second-guessing herself. It was then that he spoke up.

"I know I acted rashly before, but I really would like if you would travel with us. If you really are the adventurous type, you'll get to see many more types of waters and places by staying with us." He was offering that she join them? So that was his goal...

"Ah! Right." Dan said suddenly, pulling out a bar from his bag. "A peace offering. Something to eat. Go on, it's good." Dan held out a bunch of pellets, which she saw the cat instantly salivating over once they came in view. Obviously the man wasn't lying. So she cautiously ate, with his smile growing gently. "For now, go ahead and swim around here, I didn't really intend to interrupt you. We'll just relax on the bank."

And so the Mantine roamed in the waters for a good, long while. Slowly becoming more at ease, with the new addition of cheers from the banks of the river whenever she made an impressive jump. Those cheers were no longer just Dan and the cat, but a plant Pokemon and a mole Pokemon as well. They all had various temperaments, with the mole obviously at odds with the man. But he seemed genuinely happy to be gathered with them, simply watching. Shyness aside, it was...nice, in a way. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all. 
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_