PVP Battle: Lynne and Collette vs Dan and Garret

Started by Throndir, February 02, 2016, 01:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[spoiler=Open/Close for music]http://www.youtube.com/v/exl5W4PLcew&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

A small crowd had gathered at the grassy battle arena reserved for pokebattles. There was slightly more than normal, though nothing completely out of the ordinary. Sitting on the bleachers or even the hillsides around the arena, some viewers simply ate some snacks waiting to enjoy the upcoming battle, and yet there were still some others who simply wanted to see how good the particular trainers were who were just about to battle. Lynne Lockley and Collete Thorne stood on one side, prepping themselves for the battle shortly to come. On the other stood the survivals teacher, Mr. Rask, as well as Garret Miles, another student of the academy.

A referee stood at the center, to the side of the arena, sitting on a chair until both sides were ready.

[info]Go ahead and post an introduction to your character! One post from each player, then I'll kick off round one!

Gridmap[/info]

Linwelin

Why do I keep getting dragged into Pokemon battles...am I really seen as that interesting of a trainer? Daniel mused to himself, looking across the battlefield at his students, one of which survived the shipwreck along with him. Beside him, another student and a fellow survivor of the St. Jude. How they all ended up in the same place was beyond him.

But here he was again, though it was more of a filler position. It seemed Lynne and Grey's competitive spirits were at it again. And he, along with the other girl beside Lynne (Collete, was it), had been dragged into their dispute.

"Grey, Lynne, why are we battling again?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lady Rune

Collette bounced nervously on the balls of her feet, glancing between Lynne and the pair across the arena from them. Butterflies swarmed in her stomach while shaky fingers fought to contain her bangs, anything to preoccupy her while they waited to start the fight.

Much like the teacher across the way, Collette was also curious about the motivations for the battle and pursed her lips in response to the question. The young trainer had agreed to this whole interaction without even asking why they were doing it. Perhaps more thought should have been placed into this than she had given. Collette glanced at Lynne, a bit expectantly, and finally piped up herself. "He has a good point... why are we doing this?
I am not responsible for the insanity that trickles out of my mouth.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

Lynne Lockley

[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/plCw_qsJ9Eo&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

"Well, if I recall, we're battling because SOMEONE doesn't know how to properly grade assignments! How does a single failed bow knot equate to failing the entire assignment?! I must battle for my honor! And my grade!" Lynne was upset. She had survived a shipwreck! How could she be getting a poor grade in a class about surviving?!

Linwelin

Daniel sighed, "Wait, you're challenging ME for your grade? I thought this was about something Grey did. Lynne, the assignment WAS knots. Why are you being so stubborn over this? What I'm even more confused about is you succeeded in tying the complicated ones that are for special situations. How do you manage a sheepshank knot, but not a square or bow? I would've passed you if you'd even managed the taut-line hitch, so I knew you could set up a tent and securely rappel and climb. But no, just the sheepshank." At this point, Daniel was starting to get flabbergasted. "Fine, we'll battle."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Grey was himself taken aback at having gotten pulled into the battle. Lynne had taken it personally that he managed to get a better grade and since she wanted to challenge the grade so she had pulled him along. Somehow before he realized what happened he had tried to calm her down and it was taken as him siding with the teacher. Now he was on the battling field doing a tag team battle against her. What's worse he had left Hiro to train in the weight room alone. But now that he was here he wouldn't back down.

"Lets all do our best."

Throndir

The referee had stood up, as he glanced at both sides of the arena to the trainers who would battle.

"One Pokemon at a time! Two Pokemon from each trainer altogether! The team able to defeat all four of their opponents Pokemon are the winners!"

QuoteFeel free to GM (keep track of statistics) yourselves as well, I'll also keep an eye out and GM if no one has responded.

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Dan
Lynne or Collete
Garret[/spoiler]

Lynne and Collete to roll d20 for Initiative face off.
Garret to declare his Pokemon/actions.

Oath

[spoiler=initiative][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Throndir

~ Round 1 ~

[info]Collete to roll d20 for initiative face off.
Since you're on the same team, Lynne and Collete to declare their Pokemon and their actions.[/info]

Throndir

[okay]+1 Trainer Exp to Lynne and Dan for their motivations on the battle[/okay]

Lady Rune

[spoiler=initiative][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote][/spoiler]
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Lady Rune

Collette calls out Ammy and stands at the ready.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

Lynne Lockley

"Alright, Let's do this Honeydew! You're the vanguard of Team Cuties! Collette, Honeydew will take point to make sure Ammy stays safe against that water type!" Lynne hurled her Pokeball forward, and the Oddish trotted forward a few meters before planting its feet firmly in the ground. 

Throndir

QuoteInitiative Order
[spoiler]Dan
Collete
Lynne
Garret[/spoiler]

Dan to choose pokemon and actions.