PVP Battle: Fayleen vs. Daniel

Started by Throndir, January 31, 2016, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Throndir

[spoiler=Open/Close for music]http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6kBS9W0yUw&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The field was already prepared well for them - workers regularly maintain and repair the various battle arenas they had at the school, and the two combatants found themselves at the opposite ends of the grassy arena. It was outdoors, the sun slightly after high noon as the two prepared. On one side was Fayleen, a student, and on the other facing off against her was Daniel Rask.

Fayleen stood apprehensively at the Academy's battle arena as she chewed on her piece of food. She was nervous! Well of course she was - Mr. Rask was one of the survivors of St. Jude along with a few other students, and he certainly seemed to hold himself well. Not only was he a teacher at their academy, he was a ranger. It was a profession Fayleen too had seriously considered when she was younger, and truth be told as she stood nervously on the field, she was excited to test her Pokemon against him. Being a ranger might still be something for the future after all, and she wanted to see if she could learn anything new from him.

"Two Pokemon only! Double battle will test your skills with both Pokemon simultaneously. No recalls or switching. First competitor to knock out both of their opponents Pokemon will be declared the winner." An announcer said as he raised a hand.

"Start!" With that he blew into a whistle, and in that moment the two competitors sent out each of their Pokemon.

QuoteInitiative order
[spoiler]Fayleen
Dan[/spoiler]

League battle rules. Dan to state actions.

Linwelin

Daniel wore a serious face as he prepared for battle. He knew the two he would choose without question, or more he didn't have a choice. Thistle would've been great, were she not so against him as her companion, and Crusty wasn't trained well enough. The choice was easy.

"Bolt! Rue! How about some friendly competition!?" Dan shouted as he released his two friends. The Shinx and Petilil both came out with a look of surprise. "We've been challenged to a match, you two. You'll both be fighting together. Rue, you stick to the backlines and let Bolt set up. Let's show the lady what you've got! For now, both of you move out, I'll let you know what to do. And Bolt."" Dan paused, looking at his partner with a smile, Bolt looked up expectantly. "It's a grassland." Daniel grinned and Bolt crouched low, knowing the intention.

"Remember, you two, stay together for support. Let's go!"

[info]Bolt and Rue are called out.
Bolt moves 5 toward Fayleen, with Rue right behind him.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Fayleen Ains

Deftly juggling the two balls in her hand, after a full cycle, she grabbed each one and tossed them high into the air. As the two balls were still in midair, she pointed towards Dan, and at the top of her voice called out to him from across the arena.

"Don't go easy on me just because I'm a student!" Fayleen proclaimed. It was this moment that the balls were on their downward spiral, and soon enough they hit the ground just a single meter away from where Fayleen stood. The balls opened, as from them two of her Pokemon materialized.

"Alright, you can do this!" She said, both to herself and her Pokemon. Nervous, but excited at the same time, she gave her commands.

"Get ready for them! Sparkle stay in front of Truffles." She grinned as she mirrored Dan's words just moments before.

"Let's go!"

[info]Sparkle will shift 2 meters in front of Truffles. See roll20.net grid map, tab: Fayleen vs Dan

Sparkle uses Harden
Truffles stands by.[/info]

QuoteRound 1 ends.

Initiative order
[spoiler]Bolt
Fayleen
Dan
Rue
Truffles
Sparkle[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Shroomish and Ferroseed, huh? Good choices...that's going to be rough. In this case, I'll have to focus down each individually. I can't let that Ferroseed remain too long, or I'll lose in the long haul. Though with their speed...I guess I can count out my first idea.

Daniel called out, "Great choices, Fayleen! Now let's see if they're able enough." Normally, Dan wouldn't rush through a fight, but with how defensively she was playing the battle, his gut told him he needed to go full offense.

"Both of you, approach cautiously! Don't get in range of them just yet. Bolt, use Charge, and Rue, use Growth!"

[info]Both Pokemon move 3 toward Sparkle.

Bolt uses Charge, +1 SpDef Combat stage, double dice if electric attack is used next turn.
Rue uses Growth, +1 SpAtk Combat stage, +1 Atk Combat stage.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Fayleen Ains

"They are!" Fayleen replied as she began to read the situation. With how fast Bolt was moving towards them, and the show of electricity that seemed to build up, she decided to pull back further.

"Sparkle come closer, and use Harden again!"

[info]Sparkle retreats 2 meters, and uses harden.

Round 2 ends[/info]

Linwelin

Daniel grimaces at Fayleen's call to retreat. In the short term, that decision would give her the advantage, so Daniel needed to play this carefully. Now what's most advantageous for me...there!

"Both of you, circle around to the right! Not full speed, though! Bide your time, look for that opening!" Dan had to take advantage of the fact that he was faster, and this was his chance.

[info]Bolt moves 1 up and 1 to the left. Rue moves 2 up and 1 to the left. No other actions taken[/info]

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Fayleen Ains

Dan's Pokemon slowed their charge, and Fayleen had already begun deciding on what to do next. When his two Pokemon stood at a distance, Fayleen realized this was the perfect time to strike.

"Okay you got this! Truffles use Stun Spore! And Sparkle, cover him as you harden again!"

[info]Truffles moves 1 up, and 1 right, to be in range for Stun Spore on Bolt:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Sparkle moves up right in front of Truffles, NE twice, distance of 3, and uses Harden.[/info]

Linwelin

Dan grimaced at the positioning of the Ferroseed. With its continuous harden use, the Pokemon soon wouldn't be able to take damage from Bolt. But physically attacking a Ferroseed was dangerous. The best I can do is simply bide my time. Luckily Bolt is fast enough to get around it, and Fayleen wasted a move with that stun spore. First, some preparation.

"Bolt, move forward and use Charge again! Rue, follow and use Growth!"

[info]Bolt and Rue move left 1 space and use their buff moves.

Bolt has +2 Sp Def total. Rue has +2 Atk and SpAtk total[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_