[Sigon] Pokemon Wishlist: Meditite

Started by Linwelin, January 18, 2016, 02:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Following the rumors, you head just outside town to a small gully. There, you see two Meditite having a mock battle; they are not inflicting damage, but simply going through motions. Once in the general vicinity, the duo are immediately aware of you, going on their guard.

[info]You've encountered two Meditite. They're just barely outside what you would consider a normal melee range for a Pokemon (Overland speed of 4).[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

'This is the spot they mentioned, right?' Sigon continued through the ravine, trying to remember exactly what the two guys told him. There were some Pokémon out in this area - some Sigon hadn't added to his Pokédex yet - that much they made clear, but what Pokémon they were and how to find them once you got to the area was apparently less obvious.

But then, after making his way over a small hill, Sigon finally saw them. They were two bluish and whitish creatures who seemed to be play-fighting, but their movements were so fluid that it was like watching a pair of monks defend a monastery. Instead of approaching them immediately, Sigon took cover behind a nearby rock large enough to conceal ten of him. There, he released Parfait and Sting, putting a finger over his mouth in a gesture to keep them quiet.

"Okay, guys," he began to whisper to them in a hushed tone, "I think I might have found you some new friends, but we have to earn their trust first. You guys follow behind me, but don't do anything else unless I say so. Do you understand?"

Togepi nodded happily and without a sound. Honedge simply continued his gaze without really moving otherwise. If Sigon could tell what was going on in that sword's mind, it would be a godsend. He took Sting's silence as a cryptic affirmation.

"Thanks, guys," he said. He reached into his bag and grabbed one of the empty Poké Balls. If all went well, he wouldn't have to throw it. He clenched it in his hand and closed his eyes as if saying a short prayer before doing what had to be done if he was going to grow his team. "Let's do this."

After a taking a deep breath to calm himself and help maintain his cool, he stepped out from behind the rock. Both of the wild Pokémon appeared to have already known he was there by this time. They had been watching the rock Sigon was hiding behind, which was only a little unnerving to the trainer.

With his arms up as if to calm them down, he slowly crept closer. "Hey, little guys." One step closer. Two steps closer. "I don't want to hurt you. I just wanna know what you're up to." Three steps closer.

Sigon wasn't exactly a professional in this type of situation, this being his first encounter with wild Pokémon with the intent of capturing them and all, but he felt that he was handling it well. He only hoped the Pokémon would agree instead of fleeing before he could get within a comfortable range of them.

"Would it be okay if we joined you?"

[info]Rolling for Charm. Sigon wants these little fellas to like him he does anything else. [blockquote]Rolled 4d6+2 : 3, 5, 4, 2 + 2, total 16[/blockquote][/info]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Linwelin

The Meditite continued to stare at the newcomers, their guard increasing with each of your steps. They seemed to motion that you stop approaching, but didn't demand you leave. Were that the case, you would probably have been attacked by now. If anything, they were surprised someone had found them. They did not seem adverse to your presence, though.

The two Meditite continued their spar as long as you remained at your current distance or greater, with one of them always keeping their eyes on you at any given time. They seemed to consider this exercise important. You were just outside the range of throwing a Pokeball, so if you planned to make a move to capture, it was sure to turn them hostile in some form.

[info]You are currently 7 meters from the two.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

Sigon was thankful the Pokémon didn't high tail it out of the area at the first sign of an intruder. Either they were accustomed to seeing trainers often or this site was of some kind of importance to them. It didn't look like it had any landmarks or other features that a Pokémon would have attachments to. It was, however, wide, flat area, which he could see being useful for a one-on-one spar like these two Meditite seemed to be doing.

Could he interrupt them? Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. He had ostensibly gained their trust enough for them to continue even with a trainer and his two Pokémon standing so close nearby. That was a trust he didn't want to lose so quickly. He would have to work carefully if he wanted everything to go in his favor. He looked at the Poké Ball in his hand for a moment. Anything he could do with it between now and whenever these wild Pokémon had finished their battle would only make things worse. He didn't want for that to happen, but he had an idea.

Boldly, he took the ball in his hand and set it on the ground in front of him. Parfait was hugging his left ankle while Sting hovered nonchalantly to his right. Both had been obedient thus far. He would be sure to remember to reward them for making things that much easier for him once this encounter was over. But for now, he had something else in mind...

"You guys like to battle, right?" he spoke to the two Meditite before him. "Would you like to spar with my friends here?" With any luck, they would see it either as an invitation to train with him or a challenge to prove their skill. Sigon was sure both reactions would come out in his favor.

He almost went on to also offer a deal to them in the event they accepted his invitation to battle, but he decided against it at first seeing both his Pokémon had a clear advantage over them merely by their typing. Sigon probably would still beat them even if his Pokémon held back. But that was to be seen. These Meditite could be full of surprises.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Linwelin

The duo look at each other for a moment in surprise at the offer, and after turning back to you and sizing you up, they both take fighting stances. It seems they were rearing to go.

[spoiler]Actions:
Battle Start

Damage/Status:
Parfait: 46/46
Sting 49/49
Meditite 1: 0
Meditite 2: 0

Turn Order:
Meditite 2
Kathos
Meditite 1
Sting
Parfait[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

Whether because of confidence or not understanding their type disadvantage, the two Meditite accepted his challenge. Sigon felt kind of bad about it now, but it was too late to change his mind. He was going to commit and he was going to win, and hopefully the Meditite would be good sports about it.

"Well, Sting. Parfait. You guys know what to do!" He made his way out of the battle area while his Pokémon assumed their own battle stances. Parfait tended to have more of a support role and thus did his stuff from the back. Sting was the main attacker, and he wasn't afraid to take a hit. He assumed his position much nearer to his opponents.

Whether or not he would have had the chance to attack first anyway, Sigon felt it fitting to allow the Meditite the honors of the first move.

Linwelin

The Meditite recognize that you are allowing them the first move. They both are hesitant at first, wondering if this shuold be taken as courteous or insulting and belittling. After a moment, they seem to decide that such mind games are not worth thinking about and take you up on your offer. They both approach slowly, and their eyes suddenly glow with a blue glow. The power evenly encompasses their bodies, with both of them focusing their attacks on Sting.

[error]Meditite 1 and 2 use Confusion of Sting, dealing 14 damage.[/error]
Both of them are surprised at how little damage they managed to inflict, going on guard and recognizing that the fight would be a tough one.

[spoiler]Actions
Meditite 1 and 2 use Confusion for 14 damage on Sting

Status
Sting: 36/50
Parfait: 47/47
Meditite 1: 0
Meditite 2: 0

Turn Order
Meditite 1
Meditite 2
Sting
Parfait

Sigon to declare moves
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

Sting took their attacks well. Even though he was defending against two opponents, his type advantage meant he may as well have been fighting one of them. Having a partner to help fend them off was just icing on the cake. Sigon honestly felt a little bad for doing this to the poor Meditite, but he had given them the choice and they accepted. That was the only way he could justify what was going to happen.

"Parfait!" Sigon called out. What he was going to have the Togepi do was far beyond what was needed in a battle like this, but there was always that chance one of them would get lucky with one of their attacks. He opted to take precautions just in case. "They look like they could use a Charm!" He would have liked to use Growl instead and get them both at once, but having Parfait run out to get them in range would defeat the purpose of keeping out of harm's way.

"Now Sting! Get 'em with a Fury Cutter!" Overkill? He hoped not. But he did want to give the two Meditite a taste of the power they could have if they allowed him to train them. Swords Dance would have been a better opening move, but the attack that followed would definitely be overkill.

QuoteParfait uses Charm on Meditite 1.[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]Sting uses Fury Cutter on Meditite 2.[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d8+21 : 6 + 21, total 27[/blockquote]
Sting's No Guard means Evasion is not applied for attacks sent or received.
Sting's King's Rock means he crits on rolls of 19 or 20