[Aran] Trainer Battle: Sebastian Moriarty

Started by Throndir, February 01, 2015, 03:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteAran and whoever else Aran allows to be in the RP. Max 1 other trainer.

DM requested. I'll leave this open for a few days, if no one picks it up, I'll be DMing this myself. Remember there's DM rewards.

Fellow Rabbit

Sebastian Moriarty

Sebastian leaned silently against a tree, watching random passersby as they made their way to wherever it was they were going. Most of them seemed young, inexperienced, and therefore not even worth the time it would take to approach them, let alone give them battle. Many of them were bug catchers or little kids with intertubes on even though there wasn't water anywhere close to the area. One of them even had a rather wild afro that provoked Sebastian to raise an eyebrow. It was clear that the trainers here were all far below his level, and for a moment he wondered if he should pack up his secret base and move somewhere where he might have a decent challenge.

But then a particular trainer caught his eye. This one was much older and looked more dignified than the others the frequented the area. The way he walked was much more confident and fearless. Trainers like these had grown few and far between, but almost always worth the battle. Hard work and many Pok?mon fights with other trainers had readied him for the kind of challenge he expected this one to present. He was sure he would not be disappointed.

"You there!" he called out, hoping to grab the trainer's attention, "You're wandering awfully close to my secret base. I like to protect my property, but I also like to think I'm a fair man, so I'll offer you a deal. If you can defeat me in a Pok?mon battle, I'll let you get as close as you want. Might even give you something if you show me your worth it. But if you lose, I don't ever want to see you come back through here again." The kind of demeanor he was aiming for was something equally as taunting and provoking as it was intimidating. Usually, trainers thought they could take him only to have their teams wiped. He expected this trainer to be no different.

QuoteThis will be a Full Contact Battle. Roleplaying and NPC interaction are encouraged, the moment you 'Declare' your next action, battle will officially start.

Battle Log
[spoiler]Secret Base expert: Challenges Aran to battle.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Aran: 11
Secret Base Expert: 10[/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lance

"Ah, sorry what was that?" Aran asked, a slightly perplexed expression gracing his features. "I didn't hear you very well," he continued while stepping closer towards the one who addressed him.

[spoiler="If I recall correctly..."]
"WAS IT SOMETHING ABOUT A SECRET BASE!?" Aran shouted at the top of his lungs.
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Fellow Rabbit

Sebastian Moriarty

Sebastian shook his head in disappointment. This trainer whom he had challenged was confident, no doubt. Almost to the point of being arrogant. But he was also terribly undignified. The notion that he had been making an effort to hide his base, which he had visibly ensured wasn't really as "secret" as the name implied, was laughable. The opposing trainer was already trying to play mind games, attempting to make a fool of this Secret Base Expert. Sebastian would show him a thing or two about looking like a fool.

"Right, then. I take it that means you accept my challenge," he responded, pulling his hood back to reveal the rest of his head. "Wernstrom! I choose you!" He grabbed a ball from the belt around his waist and tossed it to the ground far in front of him. In a brilliant flash of red light, the ball revealed the Pok?mon Onix, in all his snake-like wonder, for all the world to see. It was the newest addition to his team, and perhaps the largest Pok?mon most of trainers who frequented this route had ever seen. Perfect for a specialized trainer like himself who would need an efficient way to dig out a new base ever so often. Also perfect for intimidating new challengers to throw them off their guard. Surely few believed they could take on such a massive Pok?mon with their own puny creatures.

He once again leaned against his tree as he awaited his new opponent's first move. Would he be so daft as to think he could take down this Onix or would he simply give up and submit to Sebastian's conditions for loss? He expected the former based on this man's demeanor. All the more fun for Sebastian.

QuoteBattle Log
[spoiler]Secret Base expert: Sends out Wernstrom the Onix.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Aran: 11
Secret Base Expert: 10[/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lance

"Oh, nonono," Aran hastily replied, while making a show of waving his hands back and forth as he slightly backed up. "There's no way I'd deliberately want to challenge someone so short and so very, very scrawny."

"It's too frightening," the young man said with a straight face.

"I'm scared." he continued with a blatantly false shiver.

"Additionally-"

"...Oh gods," Aran slowly murmured, appearing to have lost all composure. "Put it back on!" He suddenly yelled. "Put your hood back atop your face!"

"It's horrifying."

"Now I really am frightened."

"Gaia," Aran hurriedly called, as he threw a pokeball before such horror. The familiar red glow was released and swiftly dispersed, leaving in its place a sentient green shrub. The young man then let loose a maniacal laugh, as he pit that tiny shrub against a rock snake monster roughly seventeen times it's size.

"Protect your master!"

[spoiler=Actions]
Aran sends out Gaia.
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Fellow Rabbit

Sebastian Moriarty

The trainer's eye twitched a bit. Admittedly it was difficult to maintain his cool when this new challenger was openly insulting him and acting all smug and superior when there was no way to tell what Sebastian could throw at him.

Finally, the challenger's Pokémon was released. A Petilil. Interesting choice, to be sure, but despite its size Sebastian wasn't about to take the battle lightly. His Onix did have a double weakness to the opposing Pokémon's typing. The other trainer clearly knew that. Irony was what he loved, it seemed. Sebastian believed he had plenty of "ironic" surprises in store for this battle. He would be sure to make it a match this trainer would never forget.

"Alright, kid," he finally replied, addressing his opponent, "If you really want to have some fun, let's have some fun! This Petilil won't last long on my watch!"

[info]Battle Log
Secret Base Expert Sebastian Moriarty sends out Wernstrom the Onix
Trainer Aran Verse sends out Gaia the Petilil.

Initiative Order
Gaia the Petilil: 11
Wernstrom the Onix: 10

Aran / Gaia to move.[/info]