Pokémon Wishlist: Torchic

Started by Throndir, January 25, 2015, 12:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

The final Torchic reeled from the psychic assault, but collected itself enough to make a last-ditch effort at escaping, running for its life. Vinny and Kimmel are unable to see where it has gone at this point, and Fayleen is too ashamed of Vinny's "style of combat" to bother, completely losing morale. Miera, however, can still make out Vesper running after their quarry. All hope is not lost just yet.

QuoteFayleen and Vinny lose sight of the remaining Torchic. Miera/Vesper to roll perception and continue combat if desired.

Left to move: All
Damage Taken:
Torchic 1: 22, Caught
Torchic 2: 22
Torchic 3: 27 Caught
Torchic 4: 9, Caught

Vesper: 42/55

Order (Not of posting, just actions)
Miera
Fayleen
Vinny/Torchic 2
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Miera Fieren

[spoiler]Miera's Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 4, 4, 4 + 2, total 14[/blockquote]
Vesper's Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 4d6 : 3, 4, 5, 4, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Miera Fieran

Both you and Vesper were able to keep eyes on the Torchic. It had made a last-ditch attempt to hide in the next layer of brush, but Vesper's confusion had caused its movement to be less precise. This, of course, made it easy for your trained eyes to pick out. You still had a chance to catch it if you move closer!
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Miera Fieren

Miera rushed forward, pulling out another empty Pok?ball as she did. "Vesper, block off its escape routes!" She ordered her Pok?mon as she moved in. Once she was close enough, she threw the ball at what she could see of the little bird.

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 44, total 44[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Ella

[spoiler=Miera's Command][blockquote]Rolled 3d6+1 : 3, 1, 6 + 1, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vesper's Combat to grapple (non-damaging) Torchic.][blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 2, 1, 6, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Miera Fieran

Right as you shouted your order, Vesper went into action, his eyes aglow with psychic energy. He recognized that he couldn't use anything around him to block off the Torchic, and immediately went for the next best option so he didn't fail your command. That option was direct suppression of the fleeing pokemon. You saw the Torchic surrounded by a coat of psychic energy as it froze in place; from there the struggle began as it tried to brute force its way out of the hold while Vesper telekinetically forced it down to the ground. Their strength was evenly matched, and you could see both were strained, but at last Vesper prevailed and the Torchic was pinned to the ground. It attempted to break free from this hold once more, but failed.

Your pokeball, however, still went wide, landing about 2 meters from your target. This one, also, did not break and is retrievable.

[okay]Vesper successfully grapples Torchic 2. Torchic 2 is now Trapped and Stuck.[/okay]
[error]Miera's Pokeball misses its target, but does not break.[/error]

[spoiler]Left to move: All. Any who wish to pursue, other than Miera, make a perception check. Otherwise feel free to RP. Not posting stats, as they haven't changed much :P (Yes, lazy).[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Fellow Rabbit

Vinny Drechsler

In all the surreal joy he felt from the success of his capture, Vinny managed to completely lose sight of the world around him for a moment. All vision, feeling, and even sounds had been muted to him, and thus he managed to not hear what the nice lady beside him had to say. He could only imagine she wished to congratulate him, and she would be right to do so. He had done it. Without a doubt, this would be the most important, defining factor in his adventures as a Pok?mon trainer. Even he knew that seeing ? let alone capturing ? a shiny Pok?mon was something few trainers could ever hope to accomplish. Even outrageously skilled trainers would kill for that fleeting glimpse of these rare and beautiful "defects". Some might even die if they could only say that they had owned one. Vinny didn't have to make either of these sacrifices. He had caught a shiny Magikarp, and all he had to pay was a single basic Pok? Ball. Was he really the luckiest man on earth? He didn't know, but he had to be close.

Soon enough, Vinny finally came back to his senses, very nearly exploding in joyous cheers and epic dance moves before he discovered that the one shiny Magikarp which hadn't yet been caught was now missing. And so was the mean trainer that ignored his moment of glory instead of celebrating with him. This could only mean one thing: the third trainer was after the final Pok?mon. He had no time to cheer; if she had not yet managed to capture it, Vinny would settle for nothing less than to claim it as his own. All he needed was to decide where in the world the wild Magikarp had run off to.

That was the problem, perhaps. His second prize was nowhere to be seen. He could only assume it had run in the opposite direction of the cliffs, seeing as climbing down would undoubtedly be quite tedious to the Pok?mon and would slow it down considerably. But even after narrowing it down that much, spotting it through all the trees and foliage that blocked his vision would prove to be extremely difficult. If only there was some way he could improve his chances...

Then, in a moment of sheer brilliance, Vinny hatched a plan that would do just that. The shiny Magikarp had run off on its amazing un-species-like legs, yes, but if the mean trainer had given it chase, then the only conclusion would be that she knew where it had run off to and was now near the Pok?mon! All he needed to do was find her and his prize would be claimed! Brilliant! He grabbed the ball containing his newly-captured Pok?mon off the ground, scooped up Kimmel in his other arm, and ran away from the cliffs and into the thicket ahead. He may have his second prize after all!

[spoiler=Hoping his broadened search might improve his chances of finding the Tor- I mean Shiny Magikarp. Miera is yelling, so I imagine he might be able to hear that unless she's run several hundred meters by this point.][blockquote]Perception: 2d6-2 : 4, 3 - 2, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Linwelin

Vinny Drechsler

Your elation and moment of ingenuity over searching for Miera in hopes of finding the second shiny Magickarp slowly faded as you realize that neither the trainer, nor her pokemon were anywhere in sight either. You COULD hear her yelling commands, but the trees made it difficult to tell from which direction the sounds came from. Thus, though you wandered a little ways into the woods, it was not in the entirely right direction.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Ella

Miera Fieren

"..." This was getting very frustrating. She was a freaking ninja. How could a ninja, who is trained to throw daggers and throwing stars at enemies and hit consistently, miss hitting the mark with a mere ball so often?! Was it the shape? Was there something wrong with the way she held round objects after practicing with daggers for so long? Whatever it was that was causing her to miss so much lately, she would figure it out and train it out of her system later. For now, she was on a mission.

She had two more balls on her person and two lying on the ground because of her failures. This was good, at least the balls were undamaged and could still be of use. That was one good thing about missing so much, she guessed. Surely, one of these four remaining balls would actually hit and successfully contain the Pok?mon before it was too late. Pulling one out, she threw it once again at the Torchic.

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 87, total 87[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Miera Fieran

Your frustration over your pokeball handling skills had nearly caused you to lose a grip on the ball you were currently throwing. This led to you throwing your pokeball ever-so-slightly off course. But as the Torchic could not move thanks to Vesper's telekinetic prowess, the difference between aiming for the head or body and aiming for the wing was negligible. The Torchic was brought into the ball, and Vesper was able to release its focus to relax. For its final move, it telekinetically grabbed your other ball and floated it over to you while you both waited for the wobbling ball to settle. Vesper flopped backward on the ground to rest a moment when the ball ceased its movement and the Torchic was caught.

[okay]Vesper retrieves one of your pokeballs.[/okay]
[info]Torchic 2 was caught. All Torchic are now caught![/info]

[spoiler]Added Torchic 2 to your sheet, and exp to Vesper. Feel free to do final RP :)

Also, Vesper gained a level, so take a look at that and place your stat point ^_^[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Fellow Rabbit

Vinny Drechsler

It had been over an hour since he had last seen one of the shiny Magikarps. He had been continuously walking in that same direction ever since, sure that he was still hot on the trail of the elusive Pok?mon and the trainer that also sought to capture it. Kimmel was still firmly held under his right arm, though by this time he had already pocketed the captured shiny Magikarp so he wouldn't waste time doing so later when he finally did manage to find that last one. Yes, "when". There was no "if" here. He would find it at any cost. He even had sustenance in the form of berries to ensure his prolonged search.

"Do you see it, Kimmel?" he asked his Pok?mon, not daring for a second to take his eyes off the path ahead of him, lest he miss that tiny glimpse that would renew all the hope that had been lost over the course of his quest.

The Magikarp must have also been focusing as deeply as it possibly could on the same task. So much so, in fact that Vinny received no response to his query. Not that the trainer thought he needed it anyway. He and Kimmel were in-tune with each other like another Pok?mon trainer that was also in-tune with their Pok?mon. This, Vinny knew, was the most important part of his journey to become the ultimate Magikarp master.

But alas, his tuniness seemed not advanced enough this early in his journey, for his efforts to find the final Pok?mon from his encounter had so far been fruitless. He hated to admit, and he almost certainly wouldn't admit it to Kimmel or any other trainer he might meet in the future, but he was starting to think he had lost the wild Pok?mon for good. He might have to settle for just the one shiny Magikarp he got. This, of course, was nothing to complain about. He was lucky enough to get just one of these mega-rare Pok?mon, but he had to admit that the prospect of being offered more only to have most of it pulled away was kind of disheartening.

Perhaps even worse than his loss, however, was what he came to realize not long after. He was lost. He literally hadn't the slightest clue where he was. He had walked so long without stopping to make sure he could find his way back that he wasn't even sure he was still in the same region anymore. He could be in Kalos or Kanto for all he knew (even though it was highly unlikely, seeing as Hoenn was kind of an island and he hadn't crossed any water yet to get out of Hoenn). He really should have made sure he knew his way around before venturing so deep in search of Pok?mon. Thankfully, he had collected quite a supply of berries to keep him from dying and stuff, not to mention the forest was full berry-bearing bushes, so there was no need to worry about going hungry. Undoubtedly he would be able to find water somewhere around as well.

So that was it, then. Through it all, his Pok?mon adventure had all come down to finding himself lost somewhere in the Pok?mon world. With all the time he had spent searching for that shiny Magikarp, there was no doubt he would spend a very long time trying to find his way home. It wasn't exactly desirable, and any other trainer would probably be pretty darn frantic right about now, but not Vinny! He had unlocked the secret to finding the bright side in any situation, and the bright side in this situation was that this was an opportunity to keep on searching for that shiny Magikarp. Suddenly it wasn't all so bad after all.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Ella

Miera Fieren

Finally! And even that shot was an awful one, she just barely got it. Miera would definitely be training her accuracy at throwing balls. This was simply ridiculous. Picking up the ball and tucking it away, the girl moved to pick up her exhausted Pok?mon. She would carry him while she went about retrieving whatever items that were hers but were now on the ground. She now had more Pok?mon to assess and train. If training did not improve them, then she would trade them or sell them off. The girl was still debating between which Shroomish was better. Maybe she would keep both. So far, each seemed good in its own way.