Pok?mon Wishlist: Petilil

Started by Throndir, January 13, 2015, 10:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

"Quick, after it, Miku!" Aran shouted, wasting no time in continuing the pursuit.

[spoiler=Actions]
Both Aran and Miku move as close to the Petilil as possible, if located.

Aran Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+6 : 6, 6, 4 + 6, total 22[/blockquote]
Miku Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 5d6+2 : 6, 2, 4, 1, 2 + 2, total 17[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

QuoteClarification to Aran, you want to use both your Shift and Standard action to "move as close to Petilil as possible"? I'll be going with this assumption, let me know otherwise.

Lance

Clarification to Throndir: Aran Verse and Miku Hatsune are only using their shift actions as movement. Their standard actions will proceed as before unless they are not in range, in which case they would also use their standard action to close the gap.

Linwelin

Daniel was rather ashamed to have lost sight of the pokemon, and worried since it seemed the stranger had not. He'd called out a Farfetch'd, it seemed, and naming-sense aside that was a problem. There was no way he and Bolt could keep this man from the Petilil. But he had to try. "Bolt, we're heading in after it!" Daniel shouted to his partner as he ditched all semblance of stealth to pursue harder.

[spoiler]Both Shift after the Petilil

[blockquote]Bolt's Perception:  3d6+1 : 5, 4, 3 + 1, total 13[/blockquote]
If Bolt sees, Tackles away from the Farfetch'd
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+19 : 2 + 19, total 21[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Dan's Perception:  3d6+4 : 4, 2, 3 + 4, total 13[/blockquote]
If Dan sees, and is in range, throw pokeball.
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Capture Check:  1d100 : 14, total 14[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Initiative Order
Bolt: 13
Miku: 11
Kyuubi: 10
Daniel/Aran: 9
Excalibur: 7
Garm: 3
Petilil 1/Petilil 2/Petilil 3

This time around the Petilil wasn't as lucky. It blundered through the bushes, already upset was it from its predators. When it took its first few steps into the bushes, it literally tripped and fell as it rolled a few times on the ground. It squeaked loudly this time, and the loud noises it made going through the shrubbery was more than enough for all those in the area to be able to get a clear idea of where it was. It didn't get as far as it did the last time.

The Petilil picked itself up clumsily, it knew it had made a mistake, and it turned around wailing in fear as Bolt suddenly tackled it down, attempting to further the distance from it and Farfetch'd above. The hit was solid, and it left a bruise on the Petilil's features. It tried to pick itself up again, but instead it closed its eyes. Her two friends were simply curious about the newcomer who helped destroy the loud machine. They thought they could have made a new friend - instead they were hunted.

Petilil shivered as it made movements that looked akin to sobbing.

Aran to declare actions. Then Daniel and Aran to roll 1d20, to decide Initiative order due to tie. Both trainers and Pokemon are within a single Shift movement away from Petilil.

Linwelin

Quote[blockquote]Initiative:  1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Lance

"Great job, not-so-shady-guy!" Aran applauded, after bearing witness to that latest scene. For it wasn't every day, one is able to see a Petilil stumble, fall, then get hit so hard that it flies 10 meters away. Given that, he shot the not-so-shady-man a thumbs up. "I knew you had it in you," he quickly articulated, before he once again charged towards the scrumptious green thing.

And though that baked potato was downed, sobbing, and even robbed of its will to fight back... Aran was her opponent. Even with the conditions as favorable as this, was he the type to take chances? Nope!

Thus, he spoke rather cheerily towards the skies above. "Miku, your opponent has been downed. Keep her that way!"

Then, amidst the flurry of activity that occurred once his command reached the Farfetchd's ears, Aran leisurely closed the remaining distance between himself and his delectable morsel, a pokeball at the ready. "Now come," he said in as amiable a manner as possible.

"Your friends are waiting."

[spoiler=Actions]
Miku uses Struggle (Grapple)
Aran throws a pokeball
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Daniel can't help but feel bitterly disgusted at this man's "praise", and cried out in frustration and sadness when he saw the Petilil getting pinned and caught. He could practically see the "trainer's" mouth watering as he brought forth his pokeball and made his commands. I failed...How am I supposed to explain this to the one I caught? I only managed to save it alone, and the method I used probably doesn't have it trusting me...this has been a disaster. Daniel clenched his fists helplessly, only able to was events unfold. All he could hope was that the man made a mistake.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

QuoteArans rolls:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 65, total 65[/blockquote]

Throndir

Before Daniel could react, Aran's Pok? Ball came crashing right into the injured Petilil, causing it to tumble forward again. It would have fallen again if not for the fact the ball activated then as a red beam of light came bursting forth from it. Petilil was too tired to resist, to shocked at the sudden turn of events that the little Pok?mon simply let the end come. Within moments the Pok?mon was engulfed in a red glow, and soon enough it was captured.

Linwelin

Daniel stood silently for a moment, staring at the pokeball in disapproval. He knew those Petilil would not have an easy life from now on, it was obvious from how this man commanded his own pokemon. After finally snapping out of his disbelief, Daniel gave this trainer a furious glare. "If you keep treating your pokemon like that, not only will they work against you, but the people around you will as well. I'd ask for those pokemon in some way, but I know it won't get me anywhere. And honestly, I don't want to deal with you any longer. All I wish is for them to not be abused..." With one final glare, not waiting for a response, Daniel sprinted off into the brush, Bolt tailing behind him, worried and also upset. Though Daniel had not seen it, Bolt had given what was almost a look of pity to the Farfetch'd, who gave back a labored, fatigued gaze in return, with no particular response. In a word, unreadable.

Daniel's sprint was only as fast as he was due to his rage. He'd once again only partially accomplished his task as a ranger, which to him was still a failure. But despite that thought, he recognized he still had a job to do; he had to set the record straight with the one he had caught. He was forced to be rough in order to keep her from worse harm, but that didn't make it right, just necessary. The poor thing had to be beside itself, and at the very least, he would calm and assure her. Thus, upon reaching a glade deeper in the woods, Daniel took a seat, waiting for Bolt to come up beside him. Daniel smiled a little bitterly, "Ready to help me out with our new friend?" He said while petting the Shinx. Bolt had certainly grown, not even taking a single scratch in the chaos, and never losing his mark. It brought Daniel a lot of pride.

Bolt nuzzled against Daniel's palm before sitting and facing forward with a short purr. "Alright, here goes..." Daniel stated, pulling out the newly-filled pokeball. "Come on out." He said gently as the ball opened and flashed, setting the Petilil before him. Daniel immediately noticed the bruise on its side from Bolt and winced. I trained his tackle a lot...that can't feel good. The Petilil before him took a moment gathering her surroundings before flinching and shuddering when she saw the two familiar figures before her. She began to tear up in fear immediately, but couldn't get herself to move. To be honest, Daniel hadn't expected that fearful of a reaction, and it caught him off guard.

"Hello there, little one." He said in a soft tone, tinged with a little regret. "Before I start explaining anything-" Daniel bowed, Bolt noticing and bowing his own head as well. "-I'm so sorry for what happened. I treated you roughly out of nowhere, and practically took your life into my own hands, injuring you." If the Petilil had been confused and unsure of recent events before, she was certainly worse off now. "Why is this frightening man and cat bowing? What do they want?" It was all over its face and posture, which was still shuddering.

Daniel sat back up and continued, "I needed to act fast in order to keep things from being worse, and had no chance to make my intentions clear. Though the man from before did a good thing turning off the generator, he was not a good man. I'm sure you could see that from what he did." Daniel paused, to make sure he had her attention before continuing. "I'm also sure you think of myself and Bolt here-" He patted his partner's back, "-the same way. That's why I wanted to talk with you. I wanted to tell you what happened after you were caught." The Petilil seemed to stop shuddering as much, but was still very much on-guard, avoiding eye contact on occasion. "First, I guarantee you I will not hurt you. You are safe, and that had been my goal. I wanted to protect all three of you from the abuse that man was about to commit. Unfortunately, I was only able to save you. That is where the bulk of my regret and apologies lie. Your friends are with him. I'm so, so sorry." Daniel bowed once more, quickly this time.

When he raised his head, he saw the Petilil was slightly bowing her own in sorrow, a couple "hic's" escaping occasionally in sobs. It certainly must be traumatizing...poor thing. Daniel thought, looking on with a straight, sympathetic expression. She must have been consumed by her thoughts in that moment, as she flinched once Daniel started talking again, "I'm not going to ask for your forgiveness for the situation I put you through, little one, but I do hope you can bring yourself to do so. From the beginning, I wished to befriend you all, and had no intention of hurting nor endangering you. It is your choice to make, and I will not force you to stay with me. But no matter what you choose, I would like to heal your wounds, as Bolt and I are the cause for them. It's the least I can do." The Petilil was apprehensive about the offer, but the sincerity in Daniel's and Bolt's demeanor led her to accept. Daniel could see her shudder slightly, never making eye contact, but she hopped forward a few paces in response. Daniel smiled warmly, "Thank you."

[spoiler=Healing]I spend whatever I need to of the remaining 4 AP I have to heal Petilil to full health. I don't know how many it will take, so I'll leave you to do them, if necessary.[/spoiler]

Daniel recovered his first aid kit from his bag and carefully went to work on the bruise. Petilil flinched from his hands at first, but over the course of the medical aid, she relaxed a little. He never caused her pain through the process, nor strained her in any way. It was obvious he meant well, and that meant a lot. Bolt sat beside him watching reassuringly. After explaining what had happened after her capture during this time, the rest treatment was done in complete silence. Finally, Daniel exhaled a relieved sigh. "I'm glad you weren't hurt too badly. I know what Bolt here is capable of doing with a good tackle." Daniel gave Bolt a side-long glance, and Bolt, recognizing the statement, looked back a little sheepishly.

A bit more silence followed, and then a surprise occurred. Bolt stepped up and began talking with the Petilil. The Petilil went rigid as he approached; if anything, he was the one she was scared of after doing damage. But Bolt was cautious and obviously concerned, sniffing and nudging where the wound was, and pacing around her to make sure nothing else was overlooked. He finally sat back near Daniel with a short purr and contentment in the Petilil's well being. Daniel blinked a couple times, then looked back to the Petilil to see it much calmer. Daniel had no idea what Bolt had said, but could tell it was reassurance Petilil desired.

"Alright, now that that's done-" The Petilil and Bolt both looked up to Daniel, "-you're now free to go if you wish. I would love if you joined us on our travels, but I don't want to force you. All I can say is that were you to come with us, though work would certainly be involved, all your needs would be met, and I would never abuse you." The Petilil seized in surprise at the statement. They're letting me go...? was all she seemed to think. After a short hesitation, and a few steps back to see their reaction, the Petilil began to retreat back into the woods, seeing only the smiles of both of them. Daniel slowly stood up, then spoke aloud to himself, "Well, I expected as much. But after that first impression, I thought it only fair." Bolt could tell Daniel was disappointed, and nuzzled his leg in concern. Daniel looked down, crouching and picking him up, "I'm alright, buddy. Just a little sad. I feel like we would've gotten along well if not for the situation." He sighed dejectedly, but then quickly brought up a smile, "She was pretty cute, huh?" Bolt was stone-faced for a moment in surprise before chirruping in a yes.

The Petilil was half way to the brush by then when it turned to see what they were talking about. She then saw the man picking up the cat in a friendly manner, laughing with it, before turning away. The scene made it think a moment. What am I going back to? I've lost my closest friends, and am not sure I can make more. Yes, these woods are my home, but it's not easy. What am I so excited to go back to? Why am I uneasy?

The Petilil watched the duo getting closer and closer to the other side of the glade, the cat now riding on the man's head. He made a mistake...but would it be so bad. The cat seemed happy... She stood still for a moment, watching on, unsure.

Daniel was just reaching to part an overhanging branch when Bolt suddenly stirred from his head with a sort of light bark, his tail slapping Dan in the face as he leapt backwards. "Pff- What in the-!? Bolt, what's going on?" Daniel spun around to see what his partner was up to, only to find the little Petilil from before hopping toward them with light chirping sounds. Daniel hadn't picked them up, but Bolt must have, as he was sitting and waiting for the bulb pokemon to approach. Upon getting close, however, it froze under their gaze, like it didn't know what to do, once again avoiding eye contact. Daniel crouched to be more approachable, "What is it, little one?" He said softly with a smile, with hope. The Petilil fidgeted a moment before meeting eyes with Daniel finally, stepping forward once more with determination it had not shown before. "You'll come with us after all?" Daniel asked, getting a curt nod  and chirp in response, Daniel broke out in joyful laughter, "That's great! I'm so glad. Though I assume you'd rather not go in your pokeball just yet...hmm...well Bolt will want to keep sitting on my head...how about here?" Daniel opens one of his front pockets at his chest, pointing to it. At Petilil's gesture, he held out his hand for her to hop onto and slid the bulb into his chest pocket. "Welcome to the team, little one!" Daniel stated cheerfully, Bolt ran up Dan's other arm and echoed him with a purring bark. Thus the duo became a trio, and they carefully made their way back to the path. The Petilil was still unsure if this was the right decision, but that was something she'd have to see for herself.

A while down the road, Daniel realized he forgot one very important thing. "Wait a moment, we need a name to call you by! It won't feel right just calling you 'Petilil' all the time." The Petilil looked up at him curiously. "Well let's see...You're small, pure and cute, and are worrying and hesitant. But overall forgiving and positive." At this point, the Petilil was already looking back down and away, embarrassed by his 'astute' appraisal of her. Daniel couldn't help but smile a little, "Hmmm...Ah! I got it! Rue! I'll name you Rue. How does that sound? It's a flower known as the 'herb-of-grace' and is a symbol of purity. It also deals with regret, but in a way, I think that's also good." The Petilil looked back up surprised at how quickly the name was thought of, let alone one she liked. Daniel could see the approval on her face. "Rue it is." He said with a smile, Bolt purring on his head. Once more, the expression of a sudden thought appeared on Daniel's face. "Then let me repeat what I said before properly." Now both Rue and Bolt were confused. With a continuous warm smile, Daniel spoke sincerely:

"Welcome to the team, Rue."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

Not-so-shady-man was furious. It seemed one bite was not enough for the man; he wanted all three! Even now, not-so-shady-man was looking at Aran's latest pokeball in disdain, a look of clear disapproval plastered all across his face. Moments later, he then demanded ownership of Aran's pokemon in a manner most gentle, such that even Aran momentarily considered the possibility. The demand was simply that uplifting. The heavens themselves would cry. However, with one final glare, the man had immediately turned his back after saying his part, clearly disinterested in any reply.

To make thongs worse, not even Miku was spared a parting look. The Shinx, taking a page or two from its master's book, looked down its nose at the Farfetch'd... which was quite a feat given that its target was airborne. Despite the awkward pose, the Shinx seemed intent on mimicking the tone its master had just presented and continued tailing the man most remarkably despite the handicapped position.

As for Miku, she simply had no idea how to respond. This was her first time dealing with a ranger after all. Thus, she returned the look with a blank, exasperated gaze before turning to her trainer for aid.

"It was a pleasure meeting you!" Aran yelled at the retreating figures. So that's what rangers are like, Aran thought idly. He had always been curious about what kind of personalities they held since he did not put much stock in his fellow Rocket member's evaluation of them. "Masterminds," "Assassins," "Tree-Huggers:" they went by different titles depending on who you spoke with.

"Anyways, don't let em get you down, Miku," Aran spoke while giving the bird a gentle pat on its head.

[spoiler="For tonight..."]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]+1 Trainer Exp to Aran for planning to eat the Petilil.

+2 Trainer Exp to Dan for stopping him.[/info]