Pok?mon Wishlist: Petilil

Started by Throndir, January 13, 2015, 10:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteAran only.

Examining the device you managed to turned off the generator. The whirring died down, and three little Petilil came to examine what had happened. They looked cautiously from behind some bushes, but you could easily tell that they were there.

Throndir

Aran commands sends out Kyuubi, and commands it to attempt to hold down one of the Petilil. He'll then throw a Pok? Ball at it.

Aran
Accuracy
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 53, total 53[/blockquote]

Kyuubi
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
Command:
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 1, 4, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Linwelin

Daniel had seen a rather shady looking young man dodge off the route trail, which normally he'd only note and move on; but something made him uncomfortable about the figure's movements, and his intuition told him to follow. He motioned to Bolt, and the both of them quickly moved in to trail him. Upon approaching where the man had stopped, Daniel watched him turn off a rather old generator that had no reason to continue running. It seemed there had been no reason to feel uptight, the man had done something rather helpful for the local pokemon, as that device was bound to be a disturbance. However, just as he was about to turn to leave, a few small, onion-like pokemon came creeping out, and the man gave off a rather unsettling presence at the sight of them. This isn't over...I better wait to make sure the pokemon are alright.

Daniel motioned to Bolt beside him to wait until a signal, letting him know they might rush in. For now, they'd sit back until the figure made any odd moves.

[spoiler]Stealth roll to remain undetected.
[blockquote]Stealth:  2d6+2 : 2, 2 + 2, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

"Yes, that's right," the shady-looking-man said, as three onions approached him. It was a salad. A feast. A veritable incarnation of good harvest.

And it was mine.

[spoiler="Just hurry up and..."]http://www.youtube.com/v/2Jmty_NiaXc&autoplay=1
"GET IN MY BALLS!!"

[/spoiler]

Aran then readied his battle stance, after firing off a relatively warm welcome. For food had to be heated of course, but Aran did not want to risk burning such a sumptuous meal. Thus, he eyed his three new dishes with great consternation. "Preparing such a meal out of these three will be a long and arduous task that will no doubt consume much of my pokemon's energy..." he murmured in dismay.

"...But I will gladly make that sacrifice."

He then motioned towards the not-so-shady-man scheming silently in the shadows with eyes aglow. "If you want a bite, you're more than welcome."

"There's plenty to go around!"
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

The Petilil shrieked as they realized they were being attacked. Kyuubi attempted to grapple one of them, and though it managed to connect with the first nearest Petilil, the Pok?mon managed to get away.

A moment later however, a Pok? Ball came and captured it.

QuoteTo move: Daniel Action, Daniel's Command

Initiative
[spoiler]
Bolt: 13
Kyuubi: 10
Daniel/Aran: 9
Excalibur: 7
Garm: 3
Petilil 1/Petilil 2/Petilil 3[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Daniel looked down to Bolt and motioned with his hands to position a tackle to push one of the Petilil against the machine, whispering "Pin him good, buddy." before stepping out himself. "Let me get this straight. You want to EAT these Petilil? Not just harvest their herbs?...Are you mad!?" Daniel was actually enraged about this, but the main point of the speech was to distract as Bolt tackled a Petilil behind him. As soon as he heard the attack being made, Daniel swung around and prepared to toss a prepared pokeball. If possible, he'd at least make sure one of them was safe from this madman's clutches. I made the right choice to follow this one...he's dangerous.

[spoiler][blockquote]Commanding Bolt:  2d6+1 : 4, 4 + 1, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Accuracy - Tackle:  1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+19 : 7 + 19, total 26[/blockquote]
Tackle also pushes two meters. Bolt will either push the Petilil in range of my throw, or against the machine. (hoping for added environmental damage, or some sort of grapple bonus. Your call on if it does anything.)

[blockquote]Accuracy - Pokeball:  1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Capture Check:  1d100 : 63, total 63[/blockquote]

Note that, being in a forest, I benefit from my mastered terrain, so I have no hindrance from rough terrain for accuracy or movement.
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Bolt appeared from out of nowehere, and it immediately tackled the next Petilil. Bolt hit solidly, the Shinx aimed its attack at an angle that slammed the Petilil into the generator. A moment after that one of Daniel's Pok? Balls came shooting towards it, capturing the weakened Pok?mon with ease.

The final Petilil, seeing it's friends suddenly disappear, started to run, beads of tears in its eyes as it made a squeaking wailing sound.

QuotePetilil uses both Shift action and Standard action to 6 meters, then attempts to hide away.

People to roll Perception.

Lance

"Aye," Aran replied to the not-so-shady-man while continuing the pursuit. "Though now that I've looked closely, they vaguely remind me of potatoes.."

[spoiler="Thus"]
"I'll take that potato chip..."

http://www.youtube.com/v/kaoy1QKxGQs&autoplay=1
"...and EAT it!"
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Perception Rolls]
Aran: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+6 : 4, 1, 1 + 6, total 12[/blockquote]
Kyuubi: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 1, 5 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Daniel quickly grabs the caught Petilil and dodges into the brush motioning for Bolt to go stealth as well. If anything he'd love to help the pokemon escape. But the trainer behind him was probably the type to burn down the forest to find it, possibly knocking it out in the process, so that possibly wasn't an option. Luckily, the forest was Daniel's home, so navigation wasn't a problem, nor sight. He'd keep it in his view as long as he could help it. And if he could catch it, even better. He'd already gotten a much-desired Petilil now, so he didn't want to force any others into such a situation, but for protection, sure. He'd even offer the poor thing freedom after all this, if it desired it. So long as it wasn't harmed.

Once he'd gotten close enough to the Petilil, Daniel plucks a piece of grass, using it to whistle a relaxing melody, attempting to put it to sleep.

[spoiler]Mastered terrain leaves movement and accuracy unhindered, as well as giving +2 to perception and stealth.
[blockquote]Perception:  3d6+4 : 3, 1, 1 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Stealth:  2d6+4 : 5, 5 + 4, total 14[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Bolt Perception:  2d6+1 : 6, 5 + 1, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Bolt Stealth:  3d6+1 : 6, 6, 2 + 1, total 15[/blockquote]

Daniel gets in range and uses Grasswhistle, attempting to put it to sleep. -1 AP
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The Petilil ran for its dear life! Surprisingly it was able to elude Daniel's searching, however, the fact that Bolt had run up closer, it was able to continually keep its gaze on it even through the thick forest bushes and shrubbery, though Bolt too had trouble locating it at first. Aran managed to keep its eye on it as well, but like Bolt, had at times found keeping track of it difficult. Kyuubi on the other hand had no idea where the the Petilil was.

[error]Daniel's Grasswhistle failed, could not locate a target.[/error]

QuoteDaniel and Kyuubi failed Perception.
Aran and Bolt succeed.

If you haven't use a full turn, please do so. I am assuming Bolt used the first Shift action to keep in line with Daniel. Bolt can still use a Standard action. Both Aran and Kyuubi have a Shift and Standard action left.

Linwelin

Bolt can see the Petilil before it, but can tell Daniel had lost it. The Shinx knew Daniel had everyone's best interest involved, and thus did what he could to stall the pokemon's progress.

[spoiler]Gonna have Bolt attempt a grapple. Though as I didn't order him to, it's your call what he actually does haha.
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Combat:  2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

"Kyuubi, return," Aran spoke, as he withdrew his pokemon into its tiny container. Seeing how it seemed lost and confused during the chase, the Vulpix had apparently lost sight of its target and was relying purely on instinct alone to follow the trail. And while Aran lauded its tenacity, he could not afford to take chances.

"We must not let the food get away," he said through gritted teeth. However, that glorious potato chip was at home in this environment and it was all Aran could manage in just keeping that delectable morsel in sight.

"In that case..."

Perhaps an aerial view of the land would change things.

[spoiler="Go,"]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Actions]
Aran uses his shift action to switch Kyuubi with Miku Hatsune.
Miku Hatsune uses Struggle (Grapple), if applicable
Aran uses his standard action to throw a pokeball
[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteAran's Rolls
Capture
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 78, total 78[/blockquote]

Miku's Rolls
Perception
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6+2 : 4, 4, 2, 4, 3 + 2, total 19[/blockquote]
Combat
[blockquote]Rolled 4d6 : 6, 6, 5, 2, total 19[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteMiku's Struggle Combat Manuever
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-3 : 5 - 3, total 2[/blockquote]

Throndir

Bolt spotted the Petilil attempting to hide away, and though its attack connected, attempting to hold it down was another story however. It shrieked and struggled from the grasp, but Bolt's wild chase was too clumsy, and Petilil managed to avoid the Shinx's pin. At that same moment, the Farfetch'd from above swooped in, but it missed completely, and Petilil was able to dodge out of the way just in the nick of time.

Aran had threw a Pok? Ball as well, and even though the strike was literally perfect, the Petilil was resilient, and it escaped the capture. Its resolve growing, the Petilil once again dashed into the thick bushes attempting to lose its pursuers. It had made squeaking anxious sounds, but it was determined to flee.

QuotePetilil moves another 6 meters away.

Characters to roll Perception, and movement.