Pok?mon WIshlist: Nidoran

Started by Throndir, January 05, 2015, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteFayleen only.

GM needed.  Please generate specific Pok?mon, either Nidoran (f) or Nidoran (m). Keep encounters between 1-3 Pok?mon. User Pok?mon generator at here. Note, there's no saving feature for the generator, so copy and paste the page into Doc, or something if you plan to close it.

The ruins were confusing at first, and though you didn't understand the exact subtleties of the runes displayed on the wall, you believe it depicted some sort of map to a chasm deeper down the valley. Memorizing the instructions you follow it, and you find at the distance an ancient nest. You see some sort of Pok?mon in it.

Linwelin

Upon closer inspection you can make out two forms, one blue and one purple, Pulling out your Pokedex, it tells you that these are female and male Nidoran, the Poison Pin Pokemon. They seem to have taken refuge in the ruins, and wee quite surprised to see a human making their way into the room. The purple male immediately stepped forward defensively, while the female circled a little behind it, seeming to be thinking of something. It was obvious you'd stepped into their territory and they were ready to defend themselves.

[spoiler]Wild Pokemon Status:
Nidoran (m) lv 2: Perfect Health
Nidoran (f) lv 3: Perfect Health

Damage Taken:
Nidoran (m): 0
Nidoran (f): 0
Fayleen: 0[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Fayleen Ains

The ruins had been intriguing, though Fayleen wasn't very interested in old and ancient things, she knew her little sister Nena would definitely love to see this place herself. The directions that the ruins dictated were hard to understand, and many times did she venture into the wrong path, and at times she would run into dead ends. Eventually however, the markers pointed her to what looked like an ancient nest of some sort. Though, unlike any sort of magical beast, only two Nidoran made their home there.

Nidoran! A male and female one too. This is perfect! She thought as she sent out Star, her Ralts. She knew these Pok?mon were only trying to live their lives out, but if she wanted to be a respected trainer someday, she had to catch more.

"Come out Star!" Fayleen commanded as her Ralts appeared. "Confusion!"

[spoiler]Trainer Action
Shift: Send out Star!
Standard: Throw Pok?ball to capture Nidoran (f) (range 8) (if in range, otherwise shift to move closer).
Accuracy check roll vs AC6 + Target's evasion:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 7 + 2, total 9[/blockquote]

if hit damage roll (due to Curve Ball below):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+15 : 3 + 15, total 18[/blockquote]

if hit capture roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 53, total 53[/blockquote]

Command Action
Shift: to get in range to use Confusion (range 6)
Standard: Use Confusion on Nidoran (m)
Accuracy check roll vs AC2 + Target's evasion:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

if hit damage roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+25 : 4, 1 + 25, total 30[/blockquote]

Curve Ball
Static
Effect: Whenever you hit a target with a Pok? Ball, you
may deal damage as if you had hit them with a Struggle
Attack. This damage triggers before any of the Pok?
Ball?s functions (such as making a Capture Check,
releasing a Pok?mon, etc.).

Tools of the Trade
QuoteStatic
Effect: Add +2 to all Accuracy Rolls made with Pok?
Balls, Hand Nets, Lassos, Weighted Nets, and Glue
Cannons, and add +2 to Athletics Checks made when
reeling in a Pok?mon with a Fishing Rod.

Fayleen
HP: 60
DEF: 6
SDEF: 6
SPD: 15

Star
HP: 35
DEF: 3
SDEF: 4
SPD: 8
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Your throwing technique catches the female Nidoran by surprise as the pokeball slams hard into its left cheek. Without any chance to react, it's brought into the ball and begins struggling, the pokeball wobbling intermittently. But you've no time to watch as the ball struggles to contain it as Star begins combat with the male Nidoran. A bout of psychic energy washes over the Nidoran's mind, which you see it reeling from, leaving it unable to move. Or at least you think that's what's happened. Soon you realize that it wasn't simply knocked silly, but actually knocked out! The poor thing fainted, which you soon realize is because poison types are WEAK to psychic energy. The poor thing is left fainted in its nest, seemingly a little scratched up from falling over as well, but will recover in time.

The immediate danger gone, you look back to see the female Nidoran's ball has stopped rocking, meaning you've successfully captured your first pokemon!

[spoiler]Wild Pokemon Status:
Nidoran-F lv3: CAPTURED [Keep those names a' comin'!]
Nidoran-M lv2: FAINTED

Damage Taken:
Nidoran-F: 18
Nidoran-M: 60 (doubled from type advantage). 4 injuries sustained, not able to be caught/interacted with.

Encounter Complete!

With modifier of 1 for significance, EXP gained is 5. I'll go change your sheet, and add the new pokemon :D[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]