New Friends

Started by Throndir, December 29, 2014, 12:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The Team Rocket grunt couldn't help but keep laughing. He had tears in his eyes as you hit one of his weaknesses; being ticklish. With the red-haired rocket grunt holding him down, and you tickling, he was at his wit's end.

"HAHA- ST- HAHAHA! STOP!" He continued to yell. It was at that moment when the first girl in the pitfall commanded Kippy to use ember once again, knocking out the first target. At the same time Dusty, too slow to react from the Rattata's next tackle, countered back and chomped on the little guy. Soon enough all three of the enemies' Rattatas were knocked out.

"Chinny!"
The female Team Rocket grunt said, cradling one of the fallen Rattata's in her arms.[/i]

QuoteEnding combat order, and battle grid.

Log
[spoiler=Click to show]
Team Rocket (green) grapples Sev and succeeds.
Team Rocket (red) grapples Team Rocket (green) and succeeds.
Sev grapples Team Rocket (green) and succeeds.
Nena commands Kippy to use Ember.
Kippy uses Ember on Rattata (green) and hits.
Rattata (green) takes 19 damage.
Rattata (red) uses Tackle on Dusty and hits.
Dusty takes 17 damage and 1 injury (-1 DEF).
Dusty attacks Rattata (red) and hits, target flinches.
Rattata (red) takes 30 damage, 3 injuries (-2 SPD, -1 ATK), and is unconscious.
[/spoiler]

Damage Taken
[spoiler=Click to show]
Sev Lagrange: 0
Mya: 2 injuries (-1 SPD, -1 ATK)
Nena Ains: 2 injuries (-1 SPD, -1 ATK)
Dusty: 36, 1 injury (-1 DEF)
Blaze: 0
Mage: 0
Kippy: 33, 1 injury (-1 SPD)
Team Rocket Grunt (red): 6
Team Rocket Grunt (brown): 0
Team Rocket Grunt (green): 0
Rattata (red): 30
Rattata (brown): 30, unconscious, 3 injuries (-2 SPD, -1 ATK)
Rattata (green): 40, unconscious, 3 injuries (-2 ATK, -1 SPD)
[/spoiler]

Lanelja

"Uh oh." Sev took a moment to look up from her tickling victim to see that the Rattata had all been knocked out. She looked back at him and grinned, still teasing his sides. "Looks like you guys are out of Pok?mon now. So how about we negotiate now?"

Both grunts--even the one holding the other one down--looked up, startled, and found their defeated Pok?mon around them. The red-haired grunt gave her a mutinous glare, but held his ally down long enough to let Sev get up safely.

She brushed herself off and looked between the three of them. "So, then. I'll ask nicely again. How about you guys let those girls out of this pit you dug, and we all go our separate ways?"

Throndir

QuoteSev's Charm
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+6 : 4, 1, 3 + 6, total 14[/blockquote]

Throndir

"Ugh. Boys! Now look what's happened..." The female grunt said as she tapped her feet, annoyed at her two companions. It was at this time that the red-haired grunt let go of his companion and shrugged.

He was about to speak, when the green-haired one interrupted.

"Hmph! We're never gonna give up!-" He started to say.

"I think we can easily tell when we're beat." The first one said dryly, this of course quieted their leader. Never to be the one to be quieted, he spoke again.

"Well, we are not going to help you dig your friends back out either." He said. But he motioned for the two to follow him. The brown-haired girl was about to say something, though chose better and started to follow the green-haired one.

The red-haired grunt lingered for a few moments more however.

Lanelja

Surprised that the red-haired grunt had paused, Sev locked eyes with him. There was harshness there, but also a little softness, and she felt compelled to apologize. "It wasn't personal," she offered, not finding it right to force a smile. "But we couldn't just stand by. I'm sorry-"

Throndir

"No. We should be the ones to apologize. You see... we're just trying to make a living out of all it. Team Rocket's not so bad once you get used to them..." He stammered.

"Umm..." You see him pull out a piece of paper as he scribbled something on it. He reached over to hand it to you. It was a number. "You can take it if you want, that's my Pal Pad number, calls me right up." He grinned sheepishly as he held up his Pok?dex.

"We really don't have rope though... and I don't think Garrick'll let me help you out, he's already a bit a angry." He turned around then, and noticed his companions waiting for him. The green-haired one, apparently named Garrick, was tapping his foot impatiently.

Lanelja

Surprised as she was, she accepted the Pal Pad number. "Don't worry, I'll figure something out. You should probably go, though," she said, gesturing toward the other grunts.

He looked back to see his leader's impatience and visibly cringed. He turned to her one more time to attempt a good-bye, but Sev was pulling something out of her jacket pocket and she held it out to him.

It was a photograph. In it, a giggly little girl was sitting on the back of a prancing Absol, fingers curled in its white fur. Close by the playful duo, waving at the photographer and smiling warmly, was a man of about thirty. He had a sharp face and a thick build, and the arm he wasn't waving seemed to be in a cast at his side.

He looked up from the photograph to see Sev's face had become more serious.

"Before you go, though," she said quietly, pointing to the guy in the photo, "have you seen this man?"

Throndir

Quote[blockquote]Sev's Intuition 2d6+6 : 1, 2 + 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Throndir

The moment you showed the picture to the grunt, his eyes opened wide and it looked as though he recognized the person. He narrowed his eyes as he looked at the picture closer. His facial features and gestures told you that he indeed recognized the person, however, his words weren't so confirming.

"Who is he?" He asked. "Is that your father?"

Lanelja

"No, but he's an old friend," she explained. "A very important one. And I really need to find him."

She looked at him hopefully. He seemed to know something, and that was a first. Dusty, a little weary-looking, toddled over to his Trainer and looked between the two people curiously.

Throndir

You can see him visibly get uncomfortable as he peered back towards the two other Rocket grunts ahead of him - one of them impatiently tapping his foot. He looked at you cautiously, but whether it was the determined look on your face or not, he eventually gave in.

"As long as you don''t promise to tell anyone I told you... The entire gang's out looking for that guy. Orders from Giovanni himself too. There are some teams actively searching for him, but for us lower down the ranks, it was more 'if you see him make sure to let us know as soon as possible!' type of thing. I'm not entirely sure what they want him for, but whatever it is, it's probably big?" He looked at you carefully.

"I don't suppose you would know...?"

Lanelja

"No... No, I don't." Sev's face fell. "He never told me." She put the photograph hastily back in her pocket. Dusty drew next to her and nuzzled her leg with his snout, churring quietly.

Looking up, Sev could see the other two grunts getting furiously impatient. "You should really go now, before they come back to get you. And thanks," she added, mustering up a smile. "That's the first lead I've gotten. It means a lot."

Throndir

Nena Ains

"Hello!" Nena called out. as she glanced at the other girl in the hole with her. She heard some sort of talking above them, but not enough to hear their words, or get a clue on what they were saying.

"Is anyone up there?" Nena called out again, this time a bit more louder.

Throndir

"Hey! So are you coming or not? STOP FRATERNIZING WITH THE ENEMY." The green-haired one called out while the girl beside him shrugged.

"Come on! We really should be going... I can't imagine what our senior member would say if he realized we're just walking away in defeat..."

"We are not telling him anything!" Garrick said angrily.

"It looks I have to go." The red-headed Rocket grunt stammered. "If I run into your friend I'll be sure to let you know... and you should probably get those two out of the hole..." He grinned as he started to run back towards the others.

He stopped mid-way shortly after and turned back.

"I'm Leo by the way!" He called out.

"LEO." The green-haired one responded. With that Leo nodded as he began making his way towards them farther along the path, and soon enough will be beyond your field of vision.

Lanelja

Sev watched Leo scurry back to his companions for a moment, before she realized that she had, in fact, completely forgotten about the two girls at the bottom of the pit. She scrambled over to the edge of the hole and kneeled down, peering carefully at the bottom. Two girls stared back up at her, faces morphing from fear to hope, probably out of relief that she wasn't in the same uniform as the grunts had been.

She gave a small wave, and called down, "Are you two okay?" Not a moment later, she found herself joined by Dusty, as well as by the Torchic and the Vulpix (who were keeping a cautious distance), all looking down the hole as well. Sev knew she didn't have a rope. She thought about trying to dig at the edge, lowering it enough that the girls could pull themselves up or she could reach them, but even if Dusty was a Ground-Type he did still have nubby legs. Trapinch are built to make traps out of sand, not really to even out the edge of a dirt pit to help people climb out.

"Okay, think," she said to herself. "What do I do?"